Wiki Posts
Search

Which E-Truggy would you get?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2015, 08:17 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Which E-Truggy would you get?

I've been reading reviews and threads but can't make up my mind. I'm not a hardcore racer, but I also don't mind paying for a nice rig.
I've owned a couple of nitro 8T's but was thinking of trying something different (better?) this time. I really like the mbx7te but they seem to be non-existant. The serpent looks slick, but I worry about parts support. The Durango is kind of in that zone too. And the tekno, eh, I don't know.
Sorry for another "which would you" thread, but I would really like to hear others' points of view.
Thank you.
j
Old 09-28-2015, 09:11 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I have no experience with the other truggies so I have nothing to say for them, and actually I have none with this one either just built it but what I will say is this kit (MBX7T ECO) was a pleasure to put together and everything was exactly as it should have been. I should have it running by Saturday just waiting on my motor and body to show up painted then I'll have some more to say
Old 09-28-2015, 09:18 PM
Tech Elite

i checked the mugen mbx7t and the ET48 for a long time. both are winners I think. the mugen will let you more place for the electronics and modification you would like to do. the ET48 is very narrow and won't take big esc's.
what I also like about the mugen is the transmission uses 16x8mm bearing everywhere. the tekno are various size of bearings and smaller in the gearboxes.

but what I love about the tekno are the oversized arms and the whole alien look !

my 2 cents...
Old 09-28-2015, 11:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I've never try a mbx7te but I have try the rest the tekno truggy is so much fun I really in joy it but I am keen to try the new mugen mbx7te eco when it come out
Old 09-29-2015, 12:23 AM
Tech Adept

I really like the mbx7te but they seem to be non-existant
It's out of stock everywhere but the new MBX7TE R is coming in October.
Old 09-29-2015, 12:23 AM
Tech Addict

I've just bought a Durango DEX8T, so I would have to say the DEX8T. I've built several TD buggy and truggy kits over the years, and although the new line of DEX's don't have all the alloy and "bling" as the previous versions, I still love them
Old 09-29-2015, 07:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Get the Losi ....

Its OK . It has some nice aluminum on it . People think it's worth gold and first born children on the used market , so you will get more for it when your done with it .
Old 09-30-2015, 01:30 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by wittyname
Get the Losi ....

Its OK . It has some nice aluminum on it . People think it's worth gold and first born children on the used market , so you will get more for it when your done with it .
Resale is a good point, but I had so many diff issues with other 8T's I'm a little gun shy. But that is something to consider. Thanks!
Old 10-01-2015, 10:29 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

i used to run a 8ight up until this year and then purchased a ET. Both are great but I would go with the ET if i had to choose all over. main reason being i felt like the parts on the 8ight wore out so much faster then the ET parts do. felt like everytime i turned around i was replacing a pin in a drive shaft or axle or replacing an out drive. Just my 2 sense.
Old 10-01-2015, 11:41 AM
Tech Prophet

I think the quality has inproved though on the Eight 3.0s. but still has the front center drive shaft angle that won't change for some reason . The HB do have the same thing Front and Rear but there is the DJ axle to straighten the Front center shaft though .
Old 10-14-2015, 09:57 AM
Tech Apprentice

Ended up with a used mbx7te. The teno was nice but I liked the chassis of the mugen better. Seemed to offer more options.
Old 10-14-2015, 06:44 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

VERY easy question: Tekno, hands down! A purpose built electric not just a re-designed truggy!
Old 10-14-2015, 08:34 PM
Tech Prophet

If your used to driving a E-Buggy and like the nimbleness of a Buggy the Tekno E-Truggy is for you. And yes with E-Truggys a actual purpose built for electric is quite a difference between just a Nitro conversion kit.

Tried both before.