R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 11-03-2005, 07:53 AM   #16
Tech Champion
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Slotmachine

I think everyone has overlooked 1 thing.................check your idle screw to make sure the slide is being held open by it. If it is not, it will stall the engine when you hit the brakes.
Slotmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 06:57 PM   #17
Tech Rookie

Clutch bell looks fine and the clutch springs seem stiff and seem to snap back in place when they are lifted. I even tried to put different angles of pressure on the clutch bell and it still spun freely. I may still replace the clutch anyway.

Is it possible the clutch bell bearings are seazing? There seems to be some scorch marks around the crank where the clutch bell bearings set, don't know why it would only be after a long straight though.

Guess I'll replace everything around it...off to the LHS.
ITTony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 07:51 PM   #18
Tech Addict

Tony do you use your breaks anywhere else on the track or only at the end of the staright?
SpeedBump57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 06:29 AM   #19
Tech Rookie

Only lightly, not as much as the end of the straight. I'll fire it up tonight and scream it down the street a couple of times and see what happens. I also have noticed that it doesn't do it at the begining of the run, it seems to need warmed up quite a bit before it happens, maybe three or four laps.
Old 11-04-2005, 07:09 AM   #20
Tech Champion
Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Just thought of something else, if you have a run on condition (when the engine hesitates from comeing back down from high RPM) and you hit the brakes it would cause the same condition as a hanging clutch. My B7 did this for a little while off of jumps and I found an airleak. It was 2 loose head bolts, my fault. It would not stall the engine because my brakes weren't strong enough at the time.
"I have no idea what you're talking about, so here's a bunny with a pancake on it's head."

In mind and body, we're all heading towards old age. It is slower to go by bike.
Davidka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 06:20 AM   #21
Tech Rookie

Found it!!!! Finally found the issue, it was an air leak from around the LSN, it wasn't leaking around the front of the screw but from behind the dust cover which made it a little more difficult to find. David, you gave me good direction with the last post. After I read that I drug out the soapy water and started painting everything, I almost passed out a couple of times from trying to put air pressure on the fuel system, but I made it through.

I appreciate everyones input from this forum and thank everyone for trying.