Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ofna mbx r-2

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2005, 07:44 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Ofna mbx r-2

just looking for some feedback on the ofna mbx r-2 buggy. was thinking of picking one up to get started in 1//8 scale but not sure how competitve it will be. thanx for any input.
Old 11-07-2005, 03:27 AM
Tech Adept

I started with that buggy sveral years ago. I wouldn't recommend it. The lack of kick-up is a problem - 1/8 buggies have very little ground clearance as it is so a buggy without kick-up acts like a shovel over bumps and really slows you down... and if you nose-in off a jump it will stop you dead. Also, the diffs are very leaky and the gears are weak. I think they ended up making stronger gears so that may not be an issue.

There are some very good deals out there right now on Hyper 7's - these are very competitive buggies in any form.

Good luck
Old 11-07-2005, 04:51 AM
Tech Initiate

thanx for the input. the hyper 7 was my first choice, nut Iseen this one a thaught I shoould find more out. i guess I,ll stick with the hyper
Old 11-07-2005, 05:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

anything is better than the MBX-R2. i started using that too, and after driving a hyper 7, i put up the MBX for good! like he said earlier, no kick-up is a real problem, along with the weak linkages and terrible shocks(in my opinion). i now run a Jammin X1-CR, which is 2X better than even a Hyper 7! i recommend that, just stay away from the MBX-R2.