Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

BZ-444 Pro from Hobbyking

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2015, 07:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

The price is so low for this car it makes me question the quality. I guess its good, maybe I will buy one.
Old 11-21-2015, 07:44 PM

Can anyone compare this to other buggies 2WD or 4WD that are similar price-wise? I'm really torn between this and a 3Racing Cactus. I already have all the electronics, pinion, etc. I just need a kit to build.
Old 11-22-2015, 03:12 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hi All

Sorry have not been checking up on this, i have had a few other obligations and also had trouble getting gearing for the 17.5t that i was asked to run.

I ended up using a B5m spur gear and slipper pads, although i had to machine down the outside diameter of the slipper plates around 1.5mm. (spun the slipper assembly in a drill while using a grinding wheel on a dremel) only took a couple of minutes and produced a clean result.

I had a first run yesterday, car felt really good and was far better than my driving (not having ran offroad in quite a few years) after a coule of packs i was getting a feel for the double doubles and the car was super easy to drive and I was having a ball.

There was a bit of a clicking noise in the front gearbox, after inspection the pinion gear had damaged teeth, it looks like it could just have been a bad part, didnt appear properly hardened.

Talking with a few Team C guys at the track they suggested the option parts, listed on hobbyking site.

Will order some and get onto the track proper in the next few weeks.
Old 11-29-2015, 03:07 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default BZ-444 Pro

I thought I'd chime in here since a few of you have been asking about the buggy in general.
Here's what I've found, the buggy has a lot (mostly) of good parts with a couple of exceptions. Mainly the pinions are weak, one wheel front landings will break teeth. The fix is the upgraded ring gear and pinion, but you have to change the front and rear center drive shafts because the original pinion gear is screwed to the pinion shaft which is part of the center drive shaft and the upgrade has the pinion gear and shaft as one piece, so the upgraded center drive shaft has to connect to the pinion shaft.
I had the front break teeth first and I had already upgraded the rear, but hadn't upgraded the front because I was waiting for the upgraded front shaft to come back in stock. When the front broke I put the original rear pinion in there but it broke soon thereafter. Now the worst part is the damn upgraded front center drive shaft is still back ordered. What is interesting is that the original ring and pinion are strait cut and the upgrade is spiral cut . Strait cut has less drag.
The next upgrade I did was the big bore shocks, although, they are $$ the difference was night and day. Although, I didn't have that much time on the originals.
Over all I think the buggy is well worth the money only with the upgrades, even then your going to spend less than you would for a name brand that won't be any better!
Another thing is the Pro 444 uses two saddle packs and from the pics I've seen the non Pro uses a stick.
And the 14mm hexes have limited the choice for rims, it looks like Durango uses 14mm.
I've been using Calibers front and rear in soft running on a large outdoor dirt, I like Calibers because they are directional and have different caricatures depending on which way you run them, great tuning option.
The only other thing I have broken is one front shock shaft on the big bore.
Well, this turned into more than a chime in huh.
So if anyone can tell me where I can get the upgraded front center shaft, Team C part # TU0447 or Hobbyking part # 9424000283-0 I would be in you debt.
Thanks
Brian
Old 12-08-2015, 04:03 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default 14mm Wheels?

Has anyone tried the Durango 14mm wheels on this? I know they are 14mm, but I am looking as to how is the axle length/fit and wheel offset.

Thanks!
Old 12-08-2015, 08:41 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I was wondering the same thing. I ordered a set of rims from HK that said they were for the BZ-444 pro, but they are 12mm and no use to me!
I know the Durango's are 14mm, but I don't know about the offset.

Cheers
Brian
Old 12-13-2015, 05:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

i have tried the durango wheels and they WORK..... same offset as stock.... i have the pro also, its been a grat car... got the big bore shocks from team c..... only problem i had is the center diff slipper said to assemble with 3 1mm pins and i took the middle one out but.... so far i have broken a shock tower but machined one out of aluminum so i dont have to worry about that anymore and im running some other team c tm4 parts on it ill post a pic in a while..... its a very consistent car and my lap times where very close....
Old 02-21-2016, 05:21 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I just ordered one of these -"bz-444 pro artr 17.5" for about $110 shipped. Seemed like a bargain....

I will ditch the 17.5 motor in favor of an 8.5

I will keep everyone posted once it arrives! I imagine at this price that quite a few of these will be popping up.

Ross
Old 02-22-2016, 04:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I did the same, it will be here Wednesday. Seriously considering the kit version just to have a full set of parts ready as needed. I plan on taking the 17.5, putting that in my son's 2wd buggy and dropping a 10.5 in here to rip around with.
Old 02-22-2016, 08:12 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Make sure you guys take the time to strip those prebuilt cars and check/threadlock everything along the drive train, i didn't bother because i was just going to have a quick practice with it, screws backed out in 4 different places.
Old 02-28-2016, 05:13 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Thanks for the tip on the threadlock.... I have not gotten much further than taking it out of the box. I have a new 8.5t ready but I think I will leave the 17.5 in there now and add a little timing/boost to it.

Overall it looks great for the money!

Ross
Old 02-28-2016, 10:05 AM
Tech Apprentice

Would it be possible to put a shorty pack in it?
Old 02-28-2016, 12:34 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Clive
Would it be possible to put a shorty pack in it?
The chassis that comes with the Pro will only allow a saddle pack. There is a chassis brace built into the bottom that separates the two sides. Also the rear drive shaft on the pro would hit a shorty battery. I'm sure with the non pro chassis and a few other parts it could be converted however.

I too recently took advantage of the crazy sale on this car. Now if they would just stock some of the parts, I would be very happy.
Old 02-28-2016, 01:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by doachs
The chassis that comes with the Pro will only allow a saddle pack. There is a chassis brace built into the bottom that separates the two sides. Also the rear drive shaft on the pro would hit a shorty battery. I'm sure with the non pro chassis and a few other parts it could be converted however.

I too recently took advantage of the crazy sale on this car. Now if they would just stock some of the parts, I would be very happy.
Thanks for response.

Can you not obtain Team-C parts?
Old 02-28-2016, 01:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Clive
Can you not obtain Team-C parts?
I have only had the car for one week so I'm still learning what Team C cars (TR04 pro?) have compatible parts etc. and who sells them since my usual go to places like Tower and Horizon don't. Even though I have not had it long, it has been a lot of fun to drive on my local track.

Anyone else racing this car? Got any tips on tuning it? Any quirks to this buggy?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.