Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Our best video to date! -Picture update!-

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2005, 07:10 PM
Tech Master

Default Our best video to date! -Picture update!-

Hey guys, I just uploaded a new video to our Movies page. As far as quality, this movie is one of our best to date. As per your requests, we cut the end credits so that they didn't "Bloat the file." The music is the same high quality sound you've come to expect, and the total length is a modest three minutes long. The overall file size is around 27.3MB. Believe me, this movie is worth the download! While your on the site looking around at the movies and stuff, head on over to the contact page and submit your ideas for movies!

We also updated our Action Gallery with more cool shots of our rides in action. Head on over to see the newest pictures. Post any ideas or comments here, or send us an email to let us know what you think! In order to get everyone to remember where to go for a some really cool content, I will post the URL's below.

www.TeamPlatinumRacing.com/Movies.html

www.TeamPlatinumRacing.com/ActionGallery.html

www.TeamPlatinumRacing.com
Old 10-27-2005, 04:07 AM
Tech Adept

Well....

I just downloaded a 27mb vid of a car going in circles, shot by a camera man who seemed to be running in place while shooting.

Good effort and great music but maybe get some more exiting footage and a camera with some anti shake technology. You could also try using a tripod or monopod.

Rowley, MA huh? Go to Pratt's much?

Again, good effort.
Old 10-27-2005, 11:51 AM
Tech Master

Our camera could be better, but I liked it nonetheless.

Yes we do go to Pratts. We race E-MAXX (X2), Pro-Stock (X2), Box-Stock (Soon to be 2), Minis, and next season I will have my TC3 working again.

Do you go to Petes too? If so what do you race?
Old 10-28-2005, 03:07 AM
Tech Adept

I used to go to Pratt's a lot... haven't been there in a long time though. I race gas truck and 1/8 buggy.
Old 10-28-2005, 04:51 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

na dude. since i live in cambridge ma. i go to rc excitement in fitchburg or rc madness in ct.
Old 10-29-2005, 05:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

we have a small indoor dirt track in western ma as well in North Adams Ma.
Old 10-29-2005, 10:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well I watched a few of the videos but they're kinda lame. You don't really seem to be doing anything exciting in any of them.
Old 10-30-2005, 08:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Platinum-Not trying to be rude at all, Just asking a question;I see you guys are really into RC with your 10+ cars etc.However,It seems you only do oval with loads of different types of cars.If you guys only do oval racing, why do you have lots of different cars not meant for oval.Wouldn't it make sense to buy one car meant solely for oval instead of lots of cars meant for beginners.You guys seem to be the opposite of begginers so I was always curious why you used to much traxas equipment and other basic stuff.Again, not trying to be rude,Just curious.
Steve
Old 10-30-2005, 08:46 AM
Tech Master

Thr Traxxas class is the largest class at our track. It consists of anywhere from 4 to eight 35 MPH Pedes, Bandits, and Rusty's all at the same time. It's fun! I also have an oval TC3, but I need to put new diffs in it. Here is a list of the cars we race.

Current Racers;
TC3-----4WD Touring Stock/Mod
Rustler-----Box-Stock Stampede
Bandit-----Pro-Stock Stampede
E-MAXX-----Monster (Monster truck champion 2 years in a row)
E-MAXX-----Monster
RC18T-----Micro
Mini-T-----Micro
Stampede-----Pro-Stock Stampede

Future Racers;
XXX-T MFE-----RC Excitement
Platinum's Ultimate Rusty-----Pratt Hobby (Pro-Stock Stampede)
Stampede-----Pratt Hobby (Box-Stock Stampede)
XXX-NT-----RC Excitement
HPI PRO------Pratt Hobby (4WD Touring Stock)

Past Racers;
Hornet-----Pratt Hobby
Boomerang-----Pratt Hobby
XXX-NT-----Off-Raod Track In Middleton (Closed to the public)
Rustler-----Pratt Hobby (Pro-Stock Stampede)

Most of our collection revolves around the average basher because they are the ones most likely to put shiny aluminum on their cars.

Don't you think it's cool to take a lame Bandit and make it hit 35 in the straights with a Green Machine? The XXX-T is a real good looker, and when I get my GT7 and build up the perfect motor I will post it on the site. The HPI PRO is destined for some great oval action, it's just waiting for a radio and an ESC. The 18T is hardly a basher, and the TC3 used to handle corners better than most foam guys. We understand our diverse racing from a while ago has seemes to die out, and that is why we are starting to re-enter the realm of "professional" racing.

A Bandit is a good beginners car out of the box...but a $400 Bandit with the right mods can be just as crazy as some higher end cars. The Rusty we're building is going to be a purpose built oval car...I know it may be an unorthodox class but there are thousands of people with foam tires on a B4 who race on carpet and parking lots all around. We are those people, except we build the cars for the track...not just the general "On-Road" driving. Any Bandit will take corners great with Road Hawg tires, but to get it driving right you need to hollow out the front suspension, cut the battery box, cut a hole for easy steering tuning, install tougher gears, give it a bit more toe out, put on the long Traxxas aluminum shocks, put 35 weight in those shocks with red springs in back and no preload, drop the suspension and balance the on-board parts. It's not as easy as tires and wheels...we get serious with these cars. Most Stampede guys use an aluminum battery mount, sling the battery under the chassis, use downtravel spacers in their shocks, use a ton of preload and foam tires. That is a hot setup but not very stable. It gets you around the track like a bullet, but my softer suspension along with the slight suspension tuning and "Shimming," along with my rubber tires makes me almost unmovable when someone hits me. It's all stragety, just like the tracks you guys discussed.

We were looking into many off-road tracks, and were wondering if anyone here had any more that were close to Rowley MA. I am still trying to make up my mind if we should do a totally off-road build of a Rusty and make it a competative stadium truck. It would require a lot of work and a lot of cutting, but I know we can get on the same laps as most Losi's and Associated's. The question is; is it really worth it...it wouldn't be totally serious, just a little trick to show the skeptics that you don't need a $250 graphite kit to fly like a bat out of Hell.
Old 10-30-2005, 10:45 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

o no. i just got a ad2. i have a xxx-t hopped up that smokes mf2's. and team platinum. when i see u at rc excitement its gonna be a all out battle.
Old 10-30-2005, 06:36 PM
Tech Master

This XXX-T isn't all that bad! I got it on Ebay and was rather happy with the outcome! It has aluminum bulkheads, blue anodized shock collars (2 on each shock) red anodized front axles, Lunsford titanium turnbuckles, MIP Shiny CVD's, milled motor plate, blue stainless hardware, all the MFE goodies, blue aluminum goodies, and a spring kit. I figure I will start with a stock motor then mabye advance to something better. We have 25+ motors to choose from here, so we're all set in the propulsion department. What kind of tires do you guys run there? I heard that Pro-Line Edge and some Losi step pin treads were a good choice, but before I go wasting some money what do you think is a good choice? I already put in a good Futaba servo, and I am waiting on a Novak GT7. If anyone has a good GT7 for sale, PM me and we can talk!

The only thing that's up in the air now is a radio (I want an XR2 so damn bad...) and a body. I like the old Losi Fury bodies, but I have to find one I can sling some paint on and test our new paint/design guy. Well...I will have the final say, and I will probably still paint this one but after this I think I will hand over the reigns to the newbie. (The newbie is actually a little steadier than me and is also a bit more daring, so I think he can lay down some pretty sick paint on some really cool bodies. I, of course will stick with my beloves hardbodies...)