Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree22Likes

Tekno RC EB48.3 Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-13-2017, 12:03 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Tekno RC EB48.3 Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: MattDub
Welcome to the EB48.3 Wiki

What option parts should I consider buying with a new kit?
None are required but we recommend the following:

Springs:
Low Grip Track:
TKR8772 – Yellow Low Frequency Rear Springs and TKR8762 – Grey Low Frequency Front Springs

Low to Medium Grip Track:
TKR8773 – Orange Low Frequency Rear Springs and TKR8763 – Black Low Frequency Front Springs

Medium to High Grip Track:
TKR8774 - Red Low Frequency Rear Springs and TKR8764 - Pink Low Frequency Front Springs

TKR5199B – HRC Rear Hubs (L/R, CV or uni, EB/NB/ET/NT48/48.3) - Improves stability of the rear on mid to corner exit. Able to be on power earlier on corner exit.

TKR6146 - CNC Delrin Shock Cartridge Set

TiNi Shock Shafts
-TKR6017T (front)
-TKR6061T (rear)

This car is very durable. Here are the spare parts that I recommend you keep on hand:
TKR5020 – Hinge Pins (inner, front/rear)
TKR6061T – Rear Shock Shafts w/ TiNi Coating and TKR6017T – Front Shock Shafts w/ TiNi Coating
TKR5286 – Front Suspension Arms and TKR5184 – Rear Suspension Arms
TKR5194 – Spindle Carriers
TKR6009 – Shock O-Ring and Bladder Set (for 2 shocks)

Tips and Tricks

List of Vehicle Setup Adjustments and Build Tips can be found here. There are several videos and articles detailing the building of shocks, diffs, camber links, etc.

Page 3 Step K-3
Put the screw in upside down so that the head of the screw is in the hex spot that's molded into the spindle. This will aid in clearance in full droop / full steering.

Page 12 Step I-2
Use no less than 4 shims on the steering spindle to limit steering throw. I actually just use one 2mm ball stud washer from my 10th scale stuff since each shim is .5mm.

Setup Sheets:
Setup sheets for all Tekno RC vehicles can be found here.

Warranty Policy:
Tekno RC is the only company in the industry that will give 50% off of parts if returned to them using the General Warranty return policy found on their website. The parts can be lightly used or completely abused, as long as the part is still being produced it's covered!

Piston Drills:
Some of our setups recommend using pistons that are enlarged. For instance 4x1.9 or 3x2.0. To drill the pistons we recommend the following:
GMK Supply Piston Drill Set
16PC Metric Bit Set Metric Sizes 2.00 to 3.00 MM.

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2016, 10:59 AM
mkl
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shein95
I bent on in my first race with it and I've just found one on the front. I'm really not liking this trend. This car has only been raced 4 times. I ran a whole season with my sworkz and only bent one on that car during a fast head on when another buggy crossed the pipe onto the straight. I just don't understand how a car of this quality has this issue. Are they just too long for a buggy?
I'm still running my original shafts on my SCT since the day it was released and he same on my EB that I got shortly after. Crash a lot and no issues on either.
Old 03-21-2016, 09:47 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I think ill pay the extra money for the 6500s then. thanks guys.
Old 03-21-2016, 09:49 AM
Tech Regular

I know that tekin is the best but id like to hear from you guys that run trackstar and smc and get your take on why you didnt justify the extra 150 for tekin because thats what im battling with right now.

I know people have said the tekin cs is great and thats one thing i take into consideration. have you guys had motors ever fail and then just trade them in? id imagine this is out of the question for trackstar. which might justify the extra money
Old 03-21-2016, 10:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by caffeine357
I know that tekin is the best but id like to hear from you guys that run trackstar and smc and get your take on why you didnt justify the extra 150 for tekin because thats what im battling with right now.

I know people have said the tekin cs is great and thats one thing i take into consideration. have you guys had motors ever fail and then just trade them in? id imagine this is out of the question for trackstar. which might justify the extra money
There is at least 3 of the SMC 1900 motors in Tekno buggys at my track, one of them is my old eb48.2 and I liked it a lot.
Old 03-21-2016, 10:40 AM
Tech Regular

can the SMC motors be run with a trackstar speed controller or do they have to go with SMC speed controllers?
Old 03-21-2016, 12:25 PM
Tech Regular

can the SMC motors be run with a trackstar speed controller or do they have to go with SMC speed controllers?
i run the smc 1900 w/ the trackstar 150 amp esc. no issues. great running motor and esc.
Old 03-22-2016, 09:57 AM
Tech Master

I run the SMC 1900kv with Gen 2 RX8..No issues.
Old 03-22-2016, 10:22 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by edonsohc
i run the smc 1900 w/ the trackstar 150 amp esc. no issues. great running motor and esc.
any reason you dont run the SMC with their SMC speed controller? I have trackstar stuff already with a program box so im leaning doing the same as you, im just curious.
Old 03-22-2016, 10:32 AM
Tech Master

any reason you dont run the SMC with their SMC speed controller? I have trackstar stuff already with a program box so im leaning doing the same as you, im just curious.
The SMC Speed control is meant for 1/10
Old 03-22-2016, 01:15 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jmcelroy42
The SMC Speed control is meant for 1/10
ah ok got it. Yea ill go with the trackstar ESC then
Old 03-22-2016, 01:16 PM
Tech Regular

can you guys recommend your favorite medium tire that wears the least for practice? ill use good ties on the days i am practicing right before the race but for non race day practices i want to use something that will wear the least
Old 03-22-2016, 01:54 PM
Tech Elite

just a little detail about trackstars ESC : they only deliver 6v to the radio and the servo

the tekin rx8 can deliver 6v or 7.4v to the radio+servo

I depends if you have a radio that can take 7.4v but most modern servo will work much better on 7.4v
check this detail out
tekno says the eb48.3 requires a strong servo ( don't remember how much torque they say , check out the manual )
Old 03-22-2016, 06:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

can you guys recommend your favorite medium tire that wears the least for practice? ill use good ties on the days i am practicing right before the race but for non race day practices i want to use something that will wear the least
Generally, there are two ways you can go about a longer wearing tire. Since an AKA Impact is a common tire to find being run in a lot of places, I'll use that as the example. Let's say a Soft AKA Impact is the tire of choice, but they only last a race day and some practice laps. There are 2 ways to go about getting longer life. One way is to just go with a harder compound, such as the Medium or the newer extended life compounds (which are a mix of 2 compounds, such as soft and medium). This gives you similar handling, but with just less traction all around. On MOST track surfaces, this will give you a lot longer life span, but on some abrasive surfaces, you'll actually get less due to having more wheel spin and slide.

The second way is to put more rubber on the tire, so that would be to go from an Impact to an Enduro, where the lugs are all larger. This will generally make the car more stable, but have less forward bite. The effect is a longer lasting tire, but without quite the same loss of traction as a harder compound would've had. It probably won't last quite as long as the harder tire compound though.

If you're running eBuggy though, and just want to last longer, look at what the nitro guys run for their 45 minute or hour long mains. That tire choice is probably what you want for practice.
Old 03-22-2016, 06:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I've run both the Tekin and SMC motors. The SMC has a little more grunt down low and the Tekin is a little smoother in the middle. Both have about the same top end and are quality motors that you'll be happy with. The SMC runs slightly warmer for some folks.

As for ESCs, I always keep going back to the Tekin RX8 (now the Gen2) after trying others for one reason or another. That being said, SMC should be having an 8th scale ESC out soon™ as well (as mentioned above, they don't yet have an 8th scale ESC). I've been testing it and like it a lot, but it has a couple things being worked on in the firmware to handle random issues in random motors before it is ready for release.
Old 03-23-2016, 04:10 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by justpoet
As for ESCs, I always keep going back to the Tekin RX8 (now the Gen2) after trying others for one reason or another. That being said, SMC should be having an 8th scale ESC out soon™ as well (as mentioned above, they don't yet have an 8th scale ESC). I've been testing it and like it a lot, but it has a couple things being worked on in the firmware to handle random issues in random motors before it is ready for release.
That's awesome news, I'm in need of an esc for my ET48 for this summer, I will be looking forward to seeing this!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.