Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree22Likes

Tekno RC EB48.3 Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-13-2017, 12:03 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Tekno RC EB48.3 Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: MattDub
Welcome to the EB48.3 Wiki

What option parts should I consider buying with a new kit?
None are required but we recommend the following:

Springs:
Low Grip Track:
TKR8772 – Yellow Low Frequency Rear Springs and TKR8762 – Grey Low Frequency Front Springs

Low to Medium Grip Track:
TKR8773 – Orange Low Frequency Rear Springs and TKR8763 – Black Low Frequency Front Springs

Medium to High Grip Track:
TKR8774 - Red Low Frequency Rear Springs and TKR8764 - Pink Low Frequency Front Springs

TKR5199B – HRC Rear Hubs (L/R, CV or uni, EB/NB/ET/NT48/48.3) - Improves stability of the rear on mid to corner exit. Able to be on power earlier on corner exit.

TKR6146 - CNC Delrin Shock Cartridge Set

TiNi Shock Shafts
-TKR6017T (front)
-TKR6061T (rear)

This car is very durable. Here are the spare parts that I recommend you keep on hand:
TKR5020 – Hinge Pins (inner, front/rear)
TKR6061T – Rear Shock Shafts w/ TiNi Coating and TKR6017T – Front Shock Shafts w/ TiNi Coating
TKR5286 – Front Suspension Arms and TKR5184 – Rear Suspension Arms
TKR5194 – Spindle Carriers
TKR6009 – Shock O-Ring and Bladder Set (for 2 shocks)

Tips and Tricks

List of Vehicle Setup Adjustments and Build Tips can be found here. There are several videos and articles detailing the building of shocks, diffs, camber links, etc.

Page 3 Step K-3
Put the screw in upside down so that the head of the screw is in the hex spot that's molded into the spindle. This will aid in clearance in full droop / full steering.

Page 12 Step I-2
Use no less than 4 shims on the steering spindle to limit steering throw. I actually just use one 2mm ball stud washer from my 10th scale stuff since each shim is .5mm.

Setup Sheets:
Setup sheets for all Tekno RC vehicles can be found here.

Warranty Policy:
Tekno RC is the only company in the industry that will give 50% off of parts if returned to them using the General Warranty return policy found on their website. The parts can be lightly used or completely abused, as long as the part is still being produced it's covered!

Piston Drills:
Some of our setups recommend using pistons that are enlarged. For instance 4x1.9 or 3x2.0. To drill the pistons we recommend the following:
GMK Supply Piston Drill Set
16PC Metric Bit Set Metric Sizes 2.00 to 3.00 MM.

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2016, 11:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 227 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC Matt
So you are saying that the servo should be turned around and it will perform better steering wise
Matt - YES it should absolutely be turned around. I looked at that kit as well before deciding to buy a new. For what it's worth Tower Hobbies has a $60 off coupon right now for any spend over $549 and free shipping.

In short, if anything about the build concerns you either because you aren't very handy with a wrench or you question the quality of the build then stay away. Part of the fun in owning and racing hobby grade RC's is the build and maintenance.

If you are new to RC racing and don't enjoy wrenching (you'll learn how if you are so inclined) I'd caution you to reevaluate your decision. Hope this helps - not trying not to come off sounding like a tool!

Cheers and happy racing!
Old 01-09-2016, 12:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RokleM
Not really, that's going to put unnecessary strain on the system.
Right. The way I said it was confusing.
Old 01-09-2016, 05:03 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rcjunky10
Matt - YES it should absolutely be turned around. I looked at that kit as well before deciding to buy a new. For what it's worth Tower Hobbies has a $60 off coupon right now for any spend over $549 and free shipping.

In short, if anything about the build concerns you either because you aren't very handy with a wrench or you question the quality of the build then stay away. Part of the fun in owning and racing hobby grade RC's is the build and maintenance.

If you are new to RC racing and don't enjoy wrenching (you'll learn how if you are so inclined) I'd caution you to reevaluate your decision. Hope this helps - not trying not to come off sounding like a tool!

Cheers and happy racing!
Why did you decide to buy new? I am buying used because it is a lot cheaper.
Old 01-09-2016, 06:31 PM
Tech Regular

This is the picture of the buggy. I would like to know if it is a good buy or not and will the servo effect anything because he sent me a video of it working just fine but in the long run will it effect anything.

A $549.99 dollar kit, $319.99 for the ESC and motor combo plus the servo is another $99.99 (all based off Amain's pricing). This gives you a total $969.97 and does not include the upgraded graphite servo mount, the Tekno aluminum servo arm, the transponder (another $90.00 item and required if you plan to race) and he also tosses in one of the better bodies in the LFR Assassin. Not even going to brake down the value of the numerous tires and they add up real quick for 1/8th scale.

Only two things to be cautious of, do you trust the person to send that much money? And the servo he chose is real nice for a 1/10th scale but I wouldn't use it myself in my 1/8th scale, at best it puts out 222 oz at 7.4 volts. I would want something well above 300 oz and actually use one that is over 500 oz (pretty over kill honestly).

It is pretty clear that chassis has never been used, not one spec of dust on it and he hasn't chewed up any of the turnbuckles during assembly and even looks to be a pretty clean build. Just assume you'll go through the shock package and diff's as you'll want to be certain they are built correctly, a couple hours of time for peace of mind.

If I didn't already have one in my stable that I can not seem to brake no matter how hard I hit solid objects, I would be all over this item.
Old 01-09-2016, 07:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 227 (100%+)

Why did you decide to buy new? I am buying used because it is a lot cheaper.
I had all of the electronics and really only wanted the roller, plus I'm always skeptical of used electrical gear...nothing against that seller, but I've been around the hobby long enough! Plus I really enjoy building new kits

Don't get me wrong, I think it's a good deal for someone who doesn't have any of the additional gear outside of the roller. If you're going to race then I say pull the trigger and get it, all the pieces he has in the deal are quality items, with great support should you have issues down the road (Tekin is aces when it comes to supporting their gear)!

Happy motoring!

Last edited by rcjunky10; 01-09-2016 at 07:47 PM.
Old 01-09-2016, 09:33 PM
Tech Adept

Ok guys thanks for your input I will try to buy the buggy tomorrow probably if I can get a hold of the seller.
Old 01-10-2016, 12:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

First race today with the Tekno. Had very little expectations going in. Track was loose early on in the day. Made the few setup changes I mentioned before:
  • 26mm/26mm Ride Height
  • Longer rear link, moved to 2 B
  • Shocks built with as little rebound as possible
  • 7k in the front diff

Car responded great. Took a little getting use to for the first couple of heats but after that my pace was quick than it was with the Mugen. I found the car still a little nervous but I think most of that was due to the track being loose. I found the Tekno faster without having to push as hard as I had to with the Mugen. Took out the win in the final and two heats along the way. I am happy with it now.
Old 01-10-2016, 01:24 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by R1Joel
26mm/26mm Ride Height, Longer rear link, moved to 2 B, Shocks built with as little rebound as possible, 7k in the front diff
Which changes made the buggy easier to drive or did they all make it easier. Also how does 7k in the front diff feel to you. And what diff oils did you use for the middle and back. Also what does rebound do in these shocks and what type of feel does it give when you have rebound.
Old 01-10-2016, 05:39 PM
Tech Master

All the changes made the car easier to drive. 7K felt good in the front, wasn't as nervous and accelerated a little quicker. Still running 5k in the centre and rear diffs. I prefer the feel of minimum rebound through the corners. Some prefer more rebound.
I think you should check out these setup guides. I prefer the JQ Guide. Great for beginners and setting up a car.

JQ Guide

Hudy Guide
Old 01-12-2016, 02:51 PM
Tech Adept

What would a 1900kv motor do compared to a 2050kv motor do in this buggy? Which motor would you recommend for what type of track?
Old 01-12-2016, 03:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

What would a 1900kv motor do compared to a 2050kv motor do in this buggy? Which motor would you recommend for what type of track?
1900kv is the sweet spot for pretty much any track. Much smoother than the 2050 and you don't give up any noticeable speed.
Old 01-12-2016, 04:18 PM
Tech Master

I run 1800kv Hobbywing. I'd go 1900kv over 2050kv any day. Car is alot easier to drive.
Old 01-12-2016, 04:51 PM
Tech Apprentice

The most popular kv will be 1900. It performs well on all sized tracks. The 2050 will be a little more snappy. I run the 1900 but it is all personal preference. If you are able to try both it would be ideal....1900 will be smoother. They will both be similar.....both would excell on the the same track.just have to adjust gearing.
Old 01-13-2016, 12:28 PM
Tech Apprentice

Has anyone had experience with the new trinity motors? How has your experience been with them? 1700,2000,2300kvs./ Thinking 2000 will be the best bet.... How do they compare to novak and tekin temp and power?
Old 01-13-2016, 02:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CJH 22
Has anyone had experience with the new trinity motors? How has your experience been with them? 1700,2000,2300kvs./ Thinking 2000 will be the best bet.... How do they compare to novak and tekin temp and power?
i have been running the trinity 2300 in ebuggy for 5 race meets including one state title, prior to that i was using a tekin 1900 gen 2.

it seems ninety five percent of the comments your read on rctech suggest not going above 2050kv for one reason or another, i thought i would try it for myself and have only had positive experiences with the trinity. its never overheated and has power everywhere you need it, oh and in my experience its low speed power delivery is smoother and more precise than Tekin.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.