Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree22Likes

Tekno RC EB48.3 Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-13-2017, 12:03 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Tekno RC EB48.3 Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: MattDub
Welcome to the EB48.3 Wiki

What option parts should I consider buying with a new kit?
None are required but we recommend the following:

Springs:
Low Grip Track:
TKR8772 – Yellow Low Frequency Rear Springs and TKR8762 – Grey Low Frequency Front Springs

Low to Medium Grip Track:
TKR8773 – Orange Low Frequency Rear Springs and TKR8763 – Black Low Frequency Front Springs

Medium to High Grip Track:
TKR8774 - Red Low Frequency Rear Springs and TKR8764 - Pink Low Frequency Front Springs

TKR5199B – HRC Rear Hubs (L/R, CV or uni, EB/NB/ET/NT48/48.3) - Improves stability of the rear on mid to corner exit. Able to be on power earlier on corner exit.

TKR6146 - CNC Delrin Shock Cartridge Set

TiNi Shock Shafts
-TKR6017T (front)
-TKR6061T (rear)

This car is very durable. Here are the spare parts that I recommend you keep on hand:
TKR5020 – Hinge Pins (inner, front/rear)
TKR6061T – Rear Shock Shafts w/ TiNi Coating and TKR6017T – Front Shock Shafts w/ TiNi Coating
TKR5286 – Front Suspension Arms and TKR5184 – Rear Suspension Arms
TKR5194 – Spindle Carriers
TKR6009 – Shock O-Ring and Bladder Set (for 2 shocks)

Tips and Tricks

List of Vehicle Setup Adjustments and Build Tips can be found here. There are several videos and articles detailing the building of shocks, diffs, camber links, etc.

Page 3 Step K-3
Put the screw in upside down so that the head of the screw is in the hex spot that's molded into the spindle. This will aid in clearance in full droop / full steering.

Page 12 Step I-2
Use no less than 4 shims on the steering spindle to limit steering throw. I actually just use one 2mm ball stud washer from my 10th scale stuff since each shim is .5mm.

Setup Sheets:
Setup sheets for all Tekno RC vehicles can be found here.

Warranty Policy:
Tekno RC is the only company in the industry that will give 50% off of parts if returned to them using the General Warranty return policy found on their website. The parts can be lightly used or completely abused, as long as the part is still being produced it's covered!

Piston Drills:
Some of our setups recommend using pistons that are enlarged. For instance 4x1.9 or 3x2.0. To drill the pistons we recommend the following:
GMK Supply Piston Drill Set
16PC Metric Bit Set Metric Sizes 2.00 to 3.00 MM.

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2015, 06:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by R1Joel
Just wondering what pinions you guys use? I ordered a 19t for mine with an 1800kv motor. Worried it might be a bit much. Large tracks
I use a 19 on a 1900 . 150ft straight and I run out of steam with about 30 feet or so left .

No heat issues what so ever ...
Old 12-07-2015, 03:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mav-07
Welcome to the team my friend :-)
Glad to become a part of it.

Originally Posted by wittyname
I use a 19 on a 1900 . 150ft straight and I run out of steam with about 30 feet or so left .

No heat issues what so ever ...
Great, thankyou for the info.
Old 12-07-2015, 08:20 PM
Tech Adept

I bought the Tekno servo horn TKR 5252 (24T) and I have a HiTec 7950 servo, is this the right horn? It seems awfully hard to push on and off.
Old 12-07-2015, 10:00 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jason07
I bought the Tekno servo horn TKR 5252 (24T) and I have a HiTec 7950 servo, is this the right horn? It seems awfully hard to push on and off.
Yes,that's the one. Is the little screw that clamps the horn to the spline loosened?
Old 12-08-2015, 03:40 PM
Tech Master

It's here. Build time.

Old 12-08-2015, 05:07 PM
Tech Elite

i don't own a eb48 but I was always fan of its design

good driving there : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XZVyNaD_gs

i checked the user manual and like that put the new tapered shaft

what about CVD's front ? can they handle full steering like universal joints ?
Old 12-08-2015, 05:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by werner sline
what about CVD's front ? can they handle full steering like universal joints ?
There is so much steering on Tekno vehicles, we typically use/recommend limiters.

Originally Posted by teknorc
That's correct. And yes we know people like lots of steering. Our pro drivers tell us this all the time . Something to keep in mind though about steering...

The design of the EB/NB line of vehicles has more steering throw than any other vehicle on the market. Probably by a good 5 or more degrees. At first we thought this was a huge advantage. Lately, through constant testing, we have found the cars are faster and waaaaay more consistent with less steering throw.

So if you're not using the built in steering stops, you're doing yourself a huge disservice. We are using 4 steering limiter washers on the EB/NB and the results have been awesome. Yes, the turning radius is reduced, but lap times and consistency have proven this is a non-factor.

Here's what goes wrong with too much steering throw:
Rear end washes out when landing jumps
Rear end continues to come around exiting corners
Feels like you are struggling for traction at times
Bump handling is unpredictable
Initial steering is extremely twitchy
And other issues to be sure

Here's what's going on. The last 5+ degrees of steering throw happen very quickly and the servo has very very little leverage on the wheels at full throw. This causes the inside wheel to act erratically and get tossed left/right at the whims of the track surface. Without a positive stop there, the inside wheel is going crazy and causing inconsistencies with the handling. The CV's can accommodate this extreme working angle, but there is more chatter which creates further issues.

Even if you just limit your EPA, the inside wheel is still free to move too far when the conditions arise. So install the washers first, then reset your EPA to match.

There are literally dozens of other adjustments that will result in more steering if desired (shocks, springs, ride height, sway bars, diffs, camber links, toe, etc.). By first limiting the throw, you can focus on creating more 'setup steering'. Think of setup steering as being more consistent vs. mechanical steering (i.e. throw).

Additionally, you won't be fighting the car so you will be spending less time tuning something bad out and more time tuning good stuff in.
Old 12-08-2015, 05:29 PM
Tech Regular

It's here. Build time.

Enjoy, I know I sure did. This kit has just about the best fit and finish on anything I have built going back four decades.
Old 12-08-2015, 06:54 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RokleM
There is so much steering on Tekno vehicles, we typically use/recommend limiters.
thanks for the complete answer, I got all need to know now !
Old 12-09-2015, 12:27 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Fasttrak
Enjoy, I know I sure did. This kit has just about the best fit and finish on anything I have built going back four decades.
Build is going fairly smooth so far. I am enjoying it. Up to building rear driveshafts. Not to bad for my first build.
Old 12-09-2015, 04:17 PM
Tech Initiate

Build is going fairly smooth so far. I am enjoying it. Up to building rear driveshafts. Not to bad for my first build.
Nice! I did mine with a sprained thumb so it wasnt much fun, so I took the hex tips out of my drivers and put them into my cordless drill, if you can do so it saves a grip of time mate!
Old 12-09-2015, 06:00 PM
Tech Master

I'm starting to wish I had an electric driver. I have a sore wrist and a bad blister on one of my fingers. Enjoying it though.
Old 12-09-2015, 06:27 PM
mkl
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I'm starting to wish I had an electric driver. I have a sore wrist and a bad blister on one of my fingers. Enjoying it though.
I especially like my driver with those long screws that hold the suspension blocks on. A driver comes in very handy with those.
Glad you are enjoying the build. You'll like it even better when you drive it
Old 12-09-2015, 07:47 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by doctorfeelgood5
does everyone think that it is worth upgrading an .2 to the .3 with an upgrade kit?
It's always fun to have the newest and the best but I seriously doubt that if you had both the .2 and the .3 set up exactly and ran them back-to-back it would buy you any lower track times. My experiences so far running the 1/8th scale buggy against guys who are running chassis going back two and three generations of Mugen, Tekno and a few others is this, the fast guys are very good at chassis setup and are very good consistent drivers. If I was you I would not waste my money, I would buy more tires and batteries and spend more time perfecting your chassis setup and your driving skills.
Old 12-09-2015, 08:36 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mkl
I especially like my driver with those long screws that hold the suspension blocks on. A driver comes in very handy with those.
Glad you are enjoying the build. You'll like it even better when you drive it
Enjoying everything except the rod ends. They will be the death of me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.