Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Tekno RC EB48.3 Thread >

Tekno RC EB48.3 Thread

Like Tree22Likes

Tekno RC EB48.3 Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-13-2017, 12:03 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Tekno RC EB48.3 Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: MattDub
Welcome to the EB48.3 Wiki

What option parts should I consider buying with a new kit?
None are required but we recommend the following:

Springs:
Low Grip Track:
TKR8772 – Yellow Low Frequency Rear Springs and TKR8762 – Grey Low Frequency Front Springs

Low to Medium Grip Track:
TKR8773 – Orange Low Frequency Rear Springs and TKR8763 – Black Low Frequency Front Springs

Medium to High Grip Track:
TKR8774 - Red Low Frequency Rear Springs and TKR8764 - Pink Low Frequency Front Springs

TKR5199B – HRC Rear Hubs (L/R, CV or uni, EB/NB/ET/NT48/48.3) - Improves stability of the rear on mid to corner exit. Able to be on power earlier on corner exit.

TKR6146 - CNC Delrin Shock Cartridge Set

TiNi Shock Shafts
-TKR6017T (front)
-TKR6061T (rear)

This car is very durable. Here are the spare parts that I recommend you keep on hand:
TKR5020 – Hinge Pins (inner, front/rear)
TKR6061T – Rear Shock Shafts w/ TiNi Coating and TKR6017T – Front Shock Shafts w/ TiNi Coating
TKR5286 – Front Suspension Arms and TKR5184 – Rear Suspension Arms
TKR5194 – Spindle Carriers
TKR6009 – Shock O-Ring and Bladder Set (for 2 shocks)

Tips and Tricks

List of Vehicle Setup Adjustments and Build Tips can be found here. There are several videos and articles detailing the building of shocks, diffs, camber links, etc.

Page 3 Step K-3
Put the screw in upside down so that the head of the screw is in the hex spot that's molded into the spindle. This will aid in clearance in full droop / full steering.

Page 12 Step I-2
Use no less than 4 shims on the steering spindle to limit steering throw. I actually just use one 2mm ball stud washer from my 10th scale stuff since each shim is .5mm.

Setup Sheets:
Setup sheets for all Tekno RC vehicles can be found here.

Warranty Policy:
Tekno RC is the only company in the industry that will give 50% off of parts if returned to them using the General Warranty return policy found on their website. The parts can be lightly used or completely abused, as long as the part is still being produced it's covered!

Piston Drills:
Some of our setups recommend using pistons that are enlarged. For instance 4x1.9 or 3x2.0. To drill the pistons we recommend the following:
GMK Supply Piston Drill Set
16PC Metric Bit Set Metric Sizes 2.00 to 3.00 MM.

Print Wikipost

Old 10-29-2015, 03:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dont Hack Me
Ive seen a lot of the old 150a in Tekno. Starting to see the new xr8 150a in them as well. They do fit...
Originally Posted by Carter Flotron
It's very easy to get both the new XR8 and 150A to fit just got to have a short sensor wire
That sounds good. Thanks guys.
Old 10-29-2015, 06:55 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by R1Joel
That sounds good. Thanks guys.
If you need detailed pictures or instructions of the best way to install these just pm me I've put about 6 of these in a Tekno chassis at some point and know how to route everything now. The XR8 is far easier to fit though because of where the wires exit the case.
Old 10-29-2015, 08:21 PM
Tech Regular

Not so much not enough steering. More like to much push. If I'm not on power swinging the rear around it's just a real wide turn. But I'm working on it lol. Just got universals and hoping it lets the front dig in more on a turn.
Old 10-29-2015, 08:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 551 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dragonfueled
Not so much not enough steering. More like to much push. If I'm not on power swinging the rear around it's just a real wide turn. But I'm working on it lol. Just got universals and hoping it lets the front dig in more on a turn.
Shorten the front link. Inside on hubs, outside middle on tower.
Old 10-29-2015, 08:43 PM
Tech Regular

I tried that. To me honestly it feels like it bites in harder with a longer link. The short link felt like it pushed more.
Old 10-29-2015, 08:45 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Carter Flotron
If you need detailed pictures or instructions of the best way to install these just pm me I've put about 6 of these in a Tekno chassis at some point and know how to route everything now. The XR8 is far easier to fit though because of where the wires exit the case.
When the time comes I will. Thanks alot.
Old 10-30-2015, 04:17 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Dragonfueled
I tried that. To me honestly it feels like it bites in harder with a longer link. The short link felt like it pushed more.
That's what I would have thought as well.
Longer front link will make the roll center lower as the car leans in the turn which will make the front dig more than the rear and therefore transfer weight to the front of the car.
The reverse is true for the rear. A shorter rear will also make the front dig more.
It only then depends if you you rather prefer a responsive car in mid corner (shorter rear) of a bit smoother mid corner responsiveness (longer front). All of which shouldn't alter how the car behaves in entry and exit corner.
Old 10-31-2015, 06:01 AM
Tech Initiate

I just bought this kit. I'm a news to rc Buggys. What kind of grease should I use when I build it? Will any kind work? (I have a tri flow grease that I use for my helis. I'm not sure if that will work though.)Also what size battery would be good? I'm still trying to decide on the motor and esc right now. I'm also trying to decide on a radio system too.
Thanks
Old 10-31-2015, 06:11 AM
Tech Adept

I'm interested in this kit but I am increasingly worried about having fitment issues with my Hobbywing Xerun 150a.
Old 10-31-2015, 08:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 551 (100%+)

Originally Posted by teknorc
Shortening the front link makes the car more stable. Sweepers, off-power, on power, etc. It will land better as well. We have been moving to a shorter front link lately and the results have been great.

Theoretically it gives you less initial steering but more on power steering. What we have found is less twitch and the rear follows the front better around and out of corners.

Start with the front link short (shortest on hub, shortest on tower, middle on tower). Tune the steering with the rear end:

thicker sway bar (more steering everywhere)
more rear toe (more entry steering)
less rear toe (more stability entering, but more steering out of the corner)
This is direct from Tekno. I have tried it and find out to be very accurate for our tracks..... Low to mid bite, outdoor.
Old 10-31-2015, 08:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EricM
I just bought this kit. I'm a news to rc Buggys. What kind of grease should I use when I build it? Will any kind work? (I have a tri flow grease that I use for my helis. I'm not sure if that will work though.)Also what size battery would be good? I'm still trying to decide on the motor and esc right now. I'm also trying to decide on a radio system too.
Thanks
You get a small tube of grease in the kit. Any tacky grease will work fine. I've used everything from associated black grease to mobile 1 synthetic and they work fine.

Most guys run around a 5000 4s pack. That will get you 10 to 15 minutes run time which is more than enough for racing.

Motor and esc depend on your budget. Hobbywing sct pro and smc 1900 motor work great and you can get both for about $150. Or tekin rx8 gen2/1900 combo is around $300. There are other options like lrp but those are the most popular. The new hobbywing xr8 plus is getting popular but the price is close to an rx8. That paired with an smc motor would be about $230 which is in the middle price wise.

When recommending a radio I always tell people to buy what fits their hand the best. Some radios are bigger than others so get what feels good to you. Airtronics, Futaba and Spektrum are most popular. Any of their radios that aren't entry level will have more than enough features. I personally run the Airtronics MT4 and love it, but have ran Futaba, Spektrum and KO with no complaints.
Old 10-31-2015, 08:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EricM
Thanks
The kit will come with a black grease that works quite well for the kit. It will also have shock oil and diff oil in the kit along with some thread lock. The included oils are great, but you may want some others for the purposes of tuning to your driving style and local track.
Old 10-31-2015, 10:09 AM
Tech Initiate

Thanks for the replies. I'm supposed to get the kit next week.
Old 10-31-2015, 11:36 AM
Tech Initiate

Is there a battery manufacturer that you could recommend? Like reedy glacier, etc. What discharge like 30c or 45c?
Old 10-31-2015, 11:49 AM
Tech Adept

SMC are pretty good. I've also had good luck with my Reedy and Eco power batteries.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.