Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree22Likes

Tekno RC EB48.3 Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-13-2017, 12:03 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Tekno RC EB48.3 Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: MattDub
Welcome to the EB48.3 Wiki

What option parts should I consider buying with a new kit?
None are required but we recommend the following:

Springs:
Low Grip Track:
TKR8772 – Yellow Low Frequency Rear Springs and TKR8762 – Grey Low Frequency Front Springs

Low to Medium Grip Track:
TKR8773 – Orange Low Frequency Rear Springs and TKR8763 – Black Low Frequency Front Springs

Medium to High Grip Track:
TKR8774 - Red Low Frequency Rear Springs and TKR8764 - Pink Low Frequency Front Springs

TKR5199B – HRC Rear Hubs (L/R, CV or uni, EB/NB/ET/NT48/48.3) - Improves stability of the rear on mid to corner exit. Able to be on power earlier on corner exit.

TKR6146 - CNC Delrin Shock Cartridge Set

TiNi Shock Shafts
-TKR6017T (front)
-TKR6061T (rear)

This car is very durable. Here are the spare parts that I recommend you keep on hand:
TKR5020 – Hinge Pins (inner, front/rear)
TKR6061T – Rear Shock Shafts w/ TiNi Coating and TKR6017T – Front Shock Shafts w/ TiNi Coating
TKR5286 – Front Suspension Arms and TKR5184 – Rear Suspension Arms
TKR5194 – Spindle Carriers
TKR6009 – Shock O-Ring and Bladder Set (for 2 shocks)

Tips and Tricks

List of Vehicle Setup Adjustments and Build Tips can be found here. There are several videos and articles detailing the building of shocks, diffs, camber links, etc.

Page 3 Step K-3
Put the screw in upside down so that the head of the screw is in the hex spot that's molded into the spindle. This will aid in clearance in full droop / full steering.

Page 12 Step I-2
Use no less than 4 shims on the steering spindle to limit steering throw. I actually just use one 2mm ball stud washer from my 10th scale stuff since each shim is .5mm.

Setup Sheets:
Setup sheets for all Tekno RC vehicles can be found here.

Warranty Policy:
Tekno RC is the only company in the industry that will give 50% off of parts if returned to them using the General Warranty return policy found on their website. The parts can be lightly used or completely abused, as long as the part is still being produced it's covered!

Piston Drills:
Some of our setups recommend using pistons that are enlarged. For instance 4x1.9 or 3x2.0. To drill the pistons we recommend the following:
GMK Supply Piston Drill Set
16PC Metric Bit Set Metric Sizes 2.00 to 3.00 MM.

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2016, 12:54 PM
Tech Adept

Can I buy a SL kit and just put 1/8 electronics and 4s in it? Is that good or not? There is a SL kit for a really good price that I found
Old 03-23-2016, 01:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by justpoet
Generally, there are two ways you can go about a longer wearing tire. Since an AKA Impact is a common tire to find being run in a lot of places, I'll use that as the example. Let's say a Soft AKA Impact is the tire of choice, but they only last a race day and some practice laps. There are 2 ways to go about getting longer life. One way is to just go with a harder compound, such as the Medium or the newer extended life compounds (which are a mix of 2 compounds, such as soft and medium). This gives you similar handling, but with just less traction all around. On MOST track surfaces, this will give you a lot longer life span, but on some abrasive surfaces, you'll actually get less due to having more wheel spin and slide.

The second way is to put more rubber on the tire, so that would be to go from an Impact to an Enduro, where the lugs are all larger. This will generally make the car more stable, but have less forward bite. The effect is a longer lasting tire, but without quite the same loss of traction as a harder compound would've had. It probably won't last quite as long as the harder tire compound though.

If you're running eBuggy though, and just want to last longer, look at what the nitro guys run for their 45 minute or hour long mains. That tire choice is probably what you want for practice.
The soft long wear ones might be the ticket. thanks for the great explanation!
Old 03-23-2016, 01:17 PM
Tech Regular

I've run both the Tekin and SMC motors. The SMC has a little more grunt down low and the Tekin is a little smoother in the middle. Both have about the same top end and are quality motors that you'll be happy with. The SMC runs slightly warmer for some folks.

As for ESCs, I always keep going back to the Tekin RX8 (now the Gen2) after trying others for one reason or another. That being said, SMC should be having an 8th scale ESC out soon™ as well (as mentioned above, they don't yet have an 8th scale ESC). I've been testing it and like it a lot, but it has a couple things being worked on in the firmware to handle random issues in random motors before it is ready for release.
Awesome, yeah im now down to running a trackstar esc and SMC motor or going with a full tekin rx8 gen2 setup. Its basically a 100 dollar difference
Old 03-23-2016, 01:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I don't like adding a brand to the choice that wasn't required by the asker but why not consider the xr8+ from hobbywing ? It's very reliable, good and right in between the trackstar and the tekin esc pricewise.
I'm very pleased with mine coupled with the 1900kv trackstar on my eb48.3 Works very well and fits nicely.
Old 03-23-2016, 03:15 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by shannow
I don't like adding a brand to the choice that wasn't required by the asker but why not consider the xr8+ from hobbywing ? It's very reliable, good and right in between the trackstar and the tekin esc pricewise.
I'm very pleased with mine coupled with the 1900kv trackstar on my eb48.3 Works very well and fits nicely.
Ill check it out for sure, thanks for the suggestion
Old 03-23-2016, 05:47 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by shirillz731
Can I buy a SL kit and just put 1/8 electronics and 4s in it? Is that good or not? There is a SL kit for a really good price that I found
What type of track will you be running it on?
Old 03-23-2016, 06:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shirillz731
They handle 4s just fine, though will wear slightly faster in the CVDs and outdrives than the full EB48.3 will. That being said, the biggest issue is setup, as their suspension is not designed for all that extra weight in the center. If you want to run an SL on 4s, I would highly recommend either the Tekin Pro4 HD 1850 or the Tekin T8i 1950 which is a thinner and lighter motor than a full sized 8th scale motor. Those combined with the SMC 4s packs that are the size of normal 2s stick packs will probably be the ticket for you unless you're forced to make weight at a larger 8th scale race.

The EB48.3 will be more durable than the SL as well, which you may want for full sized outdoor stuff with big jumps or ruts.

Generally, both cars are great in all situations when tuned right, but the SL shines on tight small technical tracks such as you'll find indoors in most places, and the EB48.3 shines on larger tracks with bigger jumps or more blown out sections as you'll find outdoors in most places.
Old 03-23-2016, 08:36 PM
Tech Regular

Default Things to have on hand for the kit build

Im going to start building an eb 48.3 soon, anything I should order that doesnt come in the kit? ive heard the tekno servo horn is necessary. should i also pick up diff oils and shock oils? what are the most common ones for outdoor racing.

any other upgrades I definitely want to get early on?
Old 03-24-2016, 06:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jetgsr
Can you please post that setup sheet. Been trying to search the web for it but i think it got taken down.
Old 03-24-2016, 07:09 AM
Tech Regular

The AKA Catapults seem to be going out of stock alot of places but i grabbed some. how do these compare to the ibeams and are there any you guys prefer be it ibeams or impacts? im looking for a good long wear practice tire and then a good super soft one for races
Old 03-24-2016, 04:41 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by caffeine357
The AKA Catapults seem to be going out of stock alot of places but i grabbed some. how do these compare to the ibeams and are there any you guys prefer be it ibeams or impacts? im looking for a good long wear practice tire and then a good super soft one for races
I like the ibeams on tracks that are loose on the top. I think the impacts will work better when I go to a more grippy track.
Old 03-25-2016, 12:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Im going to start building an eb 48.3 soon, anything I should order that doesnt come in the kit? ive heard the tekno servo horn is necessary. should i also pick up diff oils and shock oils? what are the most common ones for outdoor racing.

any other upgrades I definitely want to get early on?
Servo horn is the only thing you really need.
A nice to have is the CF servo brace for some bling.
I personally run stiffer springs, but that and oils are a tuning thing.
The kit comes with the oils you need to build it, which for the diffs should be quite good on most tracks, and isn't bad for the shocks either.
Some folks, myself included, like having the alloy split center diff (comes with alloy motor mount and composite for the rest).
If you're running longer, or on smaller batteries, the lightened wheel hexes are nice, but definitely not required by any means.
Old 03-25-2016, 09:32 AM
Tech Regular

Servo horn is the only thing you really need.
A nice to have is the CF servo brace for some bling.
I personally run stiffer springs, but that and oils are a tuning thing.
The kit comes with the oils you need to build it, which for the diffs should be quite good on most tracks, and isn't bad for the shocks either.
Some folks, myself included, like having the alloy split center diff (comes with alloy motor mount and composite for the rest).
If you're running longer, or on smaller batteries, the lightened wheel hexes are nice, but definitely not required by any means.

awesome, thanks for the suggestions. Im sure I will have more questions throughout the build. thanks all
Old 03-25-2016, 09:34 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by RC Matt
I like the ibeams on tracks that are loose on the top. I think the impacts will work better when I go to a more grippy track.
yeah I figure ill use both, the catapults look like slightly smaller tread then the ibeams. I know for sure on my track the gridirons are too fine. i went through more tread then i expected on my 10th scale in one session
Old 03-25-2016, 06:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

What kind of track is it? Unless it's got a lot of loose stuff, idk that I would go with ibeams. Impacts should give you more bite than catapults. I've never ran enduros, but depending on the type of track, impacts or enduros may be the ticket. Plus, as it warms up, you may be able to move up to the soft and/or soft long wear compounds without a problem. If the track is rutted out, I would consider gridirons for race day or just mains on race day. For me, it really smoothes out the buggy when bigger pins are catching ruts.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.