R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-13-2017, 12:03 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Tekno RC EB48.3 Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: MattDub
Welcome to the EB48.3 Wiki

What option parts should I consider buying with a new kit?
None are required but we recommend the following:

Springs:
Low Grip Track:
TKR8772 Yellow Low Frequency Rear Springs and TKR8762 Grey Low Frequency Front Springs

Low to Medium Grip Track:
TKR8773 Orange Low Frequency Rear Springs and TKR8763 Black Low Frequency Front Springs

Medium to High Grip Track:
TKR8774 - Red Low Frequency Rear Springs and TKR8764 - Pink Low Frequency Front Springs

TKR5199B HRC Rear Hubs (L/R, CV or uni, EB/NB/ET/NT48/48.3) - Improves stability of the rear on mid to corner exit. Able to be on power earlier on corner exit.

TKR6146 - CNC Delrin Shock Cartridge Set

TiNi Shock Shafts
-TKR6017T (front)
-TKR6061T (rear)

This car is very durable. Here are the spare parts that I recommend you keep on hand:
TKR5020 Hinge Pins (inner, front/rear)
TKR6061T Rear Shock Shafts w/ TiNi Coating and TKR6017T Front Shock Shafts w/ TiNi Coating
TKR5286 Front Suspension Arms and TKR5184 Rear Suspension Arms
TKR5194 Spindle Carriers
TKR6009 Shock O-Ring and Bladder Set (for 2 shocks)

Tips and Tricks

List of Vehicle Setup Adjustments and Build Tips can be found here. There are several videos and articles detailing the building of shocks, diffs, camber links, etc.

Page 3 Step K-3
Put the screw in upside down so that the head of the screw is in the hex spot that's molded into the spindle. This will aid in clearance in full droop / full steering.

Page 12 Step I-2
Use no less than 4 shims on the steering spindle to limit steering throw. I actually just use one 2mm ball stud washer from my 10th scale stuff since each shim is .5mm.

Setup Sheets:
Setup sheets for all Tekno RC vehicles can be found here.

Warranty Policy:
Tekno RC is the only company in the industry that will give 50% off of parts if returned to them using the General Warranty return policy found on their website. The parts can be lightly used or completely abused, as long as the part is still being produced it's covered!

Piston Drills:
Some of our setups recommend using pistons that are enlarged. For instance 4x1.9 or 3x2.0. To drill the pistons we recommend the following:
GMK Supply Piston Drill Set
16PC Metric Bit Set Metric Sizes 2.00 to 3.00 MM.

Print Wikipost

Like Tree12Likes

Old 09-20-2015, 11:28 PM   #331
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fasttrak View Post
It sounds like the track I will be running on will be quite similar to what you are experiencing. I will be very interested in hearing your current setup as I should be building my buggy by the end of this week.

Very new to three diff setups using silicone opposed to ball diffs. Having poured over multiple mfg of indoor clay track setups, I found the Tekno a bit lacking for setup sheets so stole from some other mfg, I am thinking of building my kit with a heavy front weight bias. I believe the kit comes with only 5K weight, I plan to grab most weight between 3K and 10K to play with on and off power steering. Our track is pretty small with lots of sharp turns and a few 180's. The new setup even has a massive banked sweeper that was giving some drivers fits for on power steering.

Does anyone have a good resource for tuning with silicone oil in 1/8th scale buggy differentials?
http://www.rc-race.nl/info-tips/setu...cts-the-guide/
Old 09-21-2015, 01:01 PM   #332
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riflebuilder View Post
Been racing my EB48.3 indoors lately and I have struggled with this vehicle the most out of any of my Tekno line up. Week by week I'm making small adjustments which seem to help bit it's not as dialed as my ET48.3 or SCT410.E yet. I have to drive it pretty aggressively and get it sliding around to do 180 degree turns well. I'm also getting wheelies when powering on after a jump, not sure if this is a suspension set up issue.
Post your setup, I'm sure we can help.
Old 09-21-2015, 01:23 PM   #333
Tech Initiate

Took my brand new EB48.3 out for a spin. It drove pretty nice.

http://youtu.be/L7oOBYqXOZA

Last edited by richmtb01; 09-22-2015 at 02:03 AM.
richmtb01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 02:21 PM   #334
Tech Master

Quote:
It sounds like the track I will be running on will be quite similar to what you are experiencing. I will be very interested in hearing your current setup as I should be building my buggy by the end of this week.

Very new to three diff setups using silicone opposed to ball diffs. Having poured over multiple mfg of indoor clay track setups, I found the Tekno a bit lacking for setup sheets so stole from some other mfg, I am thinking of building my kit with a heavy front weight bias. I believe the kit comes with only 5K weight, I plan to grab most weight between 3K and 10K to play with on and off power steering. Our track is pretty small with lots of sharp turns and a few 180's. The new setup even has a massive banked sweeper that was giving some drivers fits for on power steering.

Does anyone have a good resource for tuning with silicone oil in 1/8th scale buggy differentials?
This might help you.

http://www.petitrc.com/Tech/XRC_GearDiff/

Sponsors: Fiercercsolutions.com, AKA, jtbearingco.com, CowRC, Walden Designs, Leadfinger Racing, And BoomRC.net
ezlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 02:46 PM   #335
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

How tight are most of you running your servo saver? I currently running it at the stock 4 turns from tight. I am having an issue with the wheels not coming back to center from right turn. I have the same issue on my 410 as well. I am thinking maybe the servo saver is not tight enough? I checked the servos for issues. different brands not the issue. Checked the radio possible issue, not radio as my 1/10 4wd centers perfectly. anyone have this issue. Thinking maybe the servo saver is too loose.
Old 09-21-2015, 03:15 PM   #336
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfrankito View Post
How tight are most of you running your servo saver? I currently running it at the stock 4 turns from tight. I am having an issue with the wheels not coming back to center from right turn. I have the same issue on my 410 as well. I am thinking maybe the servo saver is not tight enough? I checked the servos for issues. different brands not the issue. Checked the radio possible issue, not radio as my 1/10 4wd centers perfectly. anyone have this issue. Thinking maybe the servo saver is too loose.
I run mine almost locked down. Maybe 1 or 2 turns out.
Old 09-21-2015, 03:19 PM   #337
Tech Master

anyone could measure the full suspension travel ? front and rear )

thx
werner sline is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 06:09 PM   #338
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpongeX View Post
I'd order a few extra screws for the diff cases. I've had a few strip and if you're going to be playing with your oils I'd make sure they are in good shape every time you put the diffs back together.
Thanks, the kind of info I am looking for. I will grab a few of the most used screws as I do for most kits I run. Might just wait and get some from the local hobby shop as I am building the kit, thankfully they stock Tekno parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcgod View Post
That was a perfect breakdown on what each diff adds or subtracts by changing the weight of the diff oils. With this I have a good idea the setup I want to try on the initial build- 8K Front, 6K Mid and 4K Rear. High bite clay, I can work each down in weight if needed.
Fasttrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 06:17 PM   #339
Tech Elite

Quote:
Thanks, the kind of info I am looking for. I will grab a few of the most used screws as I do for most kits I run. Might just wait and get some from the local hobby shop as I am building the kit, thankfully they stock Tekno parts.

That was a perfect breakdown on what each diff adds or subtracts by changing the weight of the diff oils. With this I have a good idea the setup I want to try on the initial build- 8K Front, 6K Mid and 4K Rear. High bite clay, I can work each down in weight if needed.

I like the JQ guide better than others because he talks about how the changes make the car feel rather than getting too technical.
Old 09-21-2015, 09:43 PM   #340
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

With the .3 platform, there are a multitude of hinge pin inserts to adjust the front kickup (anti-dive) and sweep as well as the rear toe and anti-squat.

In addition to adjusting these suspension angles, these adjustments can also affect the roll centers.

Use this as a stand alone app to calculate the suspension angles, or also use it along with the RC Crew Chief R/C Chassis Tuning software to fine tune the front and rear roll centers.

PM me with your email address if you'd like to try this Windows app.

The angles in the blue circles represent those achieved by using the Center Dot inserts (pills).

Red circles display the angles achieved when changing the hinge pin inserts. Yellow circled values can be used with RC3 software to calculate the Roll Center change.

Screen shot of the front suspension of an EB48.3 in RC3

Red "blob" of dots, when zoomed up, represents the 81 different locations achievable using the different hinge pin inserts.

Up close of the 81 choices
President of SCR (just outside New Orleans) - https://www.facebook.com/scr.raceway
vwduud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 10:14 PM   #341
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Dang that's pretty detailed.
SpongeX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 10:32 PM   #342
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwduud View Post
With the .3 platform, there are a multitude of hinge pin inserts to adjust the front kickup (anti-dive) and sweep as well as the rear toe and anti-squat.
+1
Thanks, I was literally wondering if I should post another request or question as I was wondering where the breakdown the hinge pin adjustments were at.

This needs to be added to the first post along with all the information listed in the EB48 thread. Let's get this thread up to date with all the data that is available for this buggy and this brand.
Fasttrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 11:43 PM   #343
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by richmtb01 View Post
Took my brand new EB48.3 out for a spin. It drove pretty nice.

http://youtu.be/L7oOBYqXOZA
nice vid ! it seems to air glide !
Old 09-22-2015, 02:05 AM   #344
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by werner sline View Post
nice vid ! it seems to air glide !
Thanks! Yeah, it does good on walls too!
richmtb01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 02:24 AM   #345
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by richmtb01 View Post
Thanks! Yeah, it does good on walls too!
this shows the extra suspension travel when the chassis is already to the bottom out level