Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree22Likes

Tekno RC EB48.3 Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-13-2017, 12:03 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Tekno RC EB48.3 Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: MattDub
Welcome to the EB48.3 Wiki

What option parts should I consider buying with a new kit?
None are required but we recommend the following:

Springs:
Low Grip Track:
TKR8772 – Yellow Low Frequency Rear Springs and TKR8762 – Grey Low Frequency Front Springs

Low to Medium Grip Track:
TKR8773 – Orange Low Frequency Rear Springs and TKR8763 – Black Low Frequency Front Springs

Medium to High Grip Track:
TKR8774 - Red Low Frequency Rear Springs and TKR8764 - Pink Low Frequency Front Springs

TKR5199B – HRC Rear Hubs (L/R, CV or uni, EB/NB/ET/NT48/48.3) - Improves stability of the rear on mid to corner exit. Able to be on power earlier on corner exit.

TKR6146 - CNC Delrin Shock Cartridge Set

TiNi Shock Shafts
-TKR6017T (front)
-TKR6061T (rear)

This car is very durable. Here are the spare parts that I recommend you keep on hand:
TKR5020 – Hinge Pins (inner, front/rear)
TKR6061T – Rear Shock Shafts w/ TiNi Coating and TKR6017T – Front Shock Shafts w/ TiNi Coating
TKR5286 – Front Suspension Arms and TKR5184 – Rear Suspension Arms
TKR5194 – Spindle Carriers
TKR6009 – Shock O-Ring and Bladder Set (for 2 shocks)

Tips and Tricks

List of Vehicle Setup Adjustments and Build Tips can be found here. There are several videos and articles detailing the building of shocks, diffs, camber links, etc.

Page 3 Step K-3
Put the screw in upside down so that the head of the screw is in the hex spot that's molded into the spindle. This will aid in clearance in full droop / full steering.

Page 12 Step I-2
Use no less than 4 shims on the steering spindle to limit steering throw. I actually just use one 2mm ball stud washer from my 10th scale stuff since each shim is .5mm.

Setup Sheets:
Setup sheets for all Tekno RC vehicles can be found here.

Warranty Policy:
Tekno RC is the only company in the industry that will give 50% off of parts if returned to them using the General Warranty return policy found on their website. The parts can be lightly used or completely abused, as long as the part is still being produced it's covered!

Piston Drills:
Some of our setups recommend using pistons that are enlarged. For instance 4x1.9 or 3x2.0. To drill the pistons we recommend the following:
GMK Supply Piston Drill Set
16PC Metric Bit Set Metric Sizes 2.00 to 3.00 MM.

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2016, 02:37 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by ezlight
You run at deans. Go find Lawrence Williams-Mayes when your at the track, good guy, and he'll be more than willing to help you out. Grab an 18t from the shop. Promise, it'll be the cure for what ail's ya.

I'll be coming down for Christmas, Hope to check that place out.
Ah.. a few people i talked to at the track said to talk to him also! hah

I'll give the 18t a shot, can't hurt to try it.

I just got a $24 gift certificate for tower, which I was thinking about getting the MIP Metric Hex Driver set (1.5, 2.0, 2.5mm) or the TKR6146 - CNC Delrin Shock Cartridge Set + Pistons? (I did a search on this thread and it sounds like its actually a noticeable difference?). I really wanted to get the Tekno hex driver set, but if I can get the MIP set for that cheap, i might just do that.. unless the Delrin Shock Cartridges are really worth it.

Last edited by deceit; 09-01-2016 at 03:54 PM.
Old 09-02-2016, 08:13 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by deceit
Ah.. a few people i talked to at the track said to talk to him also! hah

I'll give the 18t a shot, can't hurt to try it.

I just got a $24 gift certificate for tower, which I was thinking about getting the MIP Metric Hex Driver set (1.5, 2.0, 2.5mm) or the TKR6146 - CNC Delrin Shock Cartridge Set + Pistons? (I did a search on this thread and it sounds like its actually a noticeable difference?). I really wanted to get the Tekno hex driver set, but if I can get the MIP set for that cheap, i might just do that.. unless the Delrin Shock Cartridges are really worth it.
Honestly, They're both worthwhile. Quality tools are a must, whether it be the tekno or MIP. Both are great quality. I have the delrin cartridge set on all 4 of my vehicles...And the tini shafts...Delrin definately more needed than tini.
Old 09-02-2016, 09:38 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by ezlight
Honestly, They're both worthwhile. Quality tools are a must, whether it be the tekno or MIP. Both are great quality. I have the delrin cartridge set on all 4 of my vehicles...And the tini shafts...Delrin definately more needed than tini.
The M2C delrin is just the 4 bushings and the Tekno ones are the spacers too right? I saw the M2C are only $5 and the Tekno are $14ish. I ordered the tools from tower, since I can get the delrin cheaper elsewhere, but the tools not so much.
Old 09-02-2016, 09:47 AM
mkl
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

The M2C delrin is just the 4 bushings and the Tekno ones are the spacers too right? I saw the M2C are only $5 and the Tekno are $14ish. I ordered the tools from tower, since I can get the delrin cheaper elsewhere, but the tools not so much.
I believe that eh M2C delrin bushings are for the top cap eyelet, not shock shaft guides.
Old 09-02-2016, 03:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

The Delrin is different and the parts don't overlap. Tekno Delrin (very beneficial) is for the shock cartridge. M2C delrin (not needed) is for the shock top bushing.
Old 09-02-2016, 03:12 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by justpoet
The Delrin is different and the parts don't overlap. Tekno Delrin (very beneficial) is for the shock cartridge. M2C delrin (not needed) is for the shock top bushing.
Ahh.. thanks for clearing that up. I'll just go with Tekno then. [:
Old 09-04-2016, 03:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by coombes
Hey guys I need a setup for a large 1/8 outdoor low bite and lose n loamy/ dusty track

Anyone wanna help
Old 09-04-2016, 04:43 AM
mkl
Tech Fanatic

I can't help directly, but there several set up sheets on the Tekno site that can get you started and if you search the thread for some key words something might come up. There has been lots of discussion on set up in this thread.
It is difficult to answer such an open ended question that requires so much info to answer. A better question to ask may be "I run on "X" kind of track and my car is does "X". What change can i make to solve it?"
Old 09-04-2016, 05:23 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

i run on the same kind of loose track and i put the joe Bornhorst set up on the car works really good its on the tekno web sight
Old 09-04-2016, 07:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Anyone wanna help
I run Joe's setup everywhere. My home track is normally hard-packed and very loose and rutted for the 1st heat or two. There, I run the 3x2.1 pistons, 700/750 oil. I need to throw the universals on there too at least on the front to see how it works.

What tires are you running?
Old 09-04-2016, 10:19 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Anyone wanna help
I run the box set up except 7k in the front/center diff with gridiron tires and the pink/red springs and it's works pretty good for me. Just some push on power but it's not terrible.

Really considering switching to the 3x2.1 pistons though

Edit; I'm figuring out that there isn't really a perfect set up. It's different for everyone so I've just been doing one change at a time to see what happens and whether it helps or doesn't. Tires are like 50-75% of set up though
Old 09-04-2016, 05:30 PM
mkl
Tech Fanatic

My new lid. Very much like the schemes modeled after real cars-
Attached Thumbnails Tekno RC EB48.3 Thread-img_3409.jpg  
Old 09-04-2016, 09:07 PM
Suspended

Questions??

Ok, so went to a new track today. It is a small track, was very grippy clay thanks to the recent tropical storm. I could only make decent turns if i could get the front to stick and whip the rear around. If I didn't whip, my steering was completely awful...

I am running Joe's SNats setup with 7/7/5, any ideas on some changes I should start with? When I go into a corner the front just slides, unless i basically come to a stop... I feel like my Tekno never really has a good turning radius, even on other tracks.. Would changing my diff fluids help?

I have everything set exactly as the setup sheets say. Even with stock setup I feel like my radius is awful. If i am going 1mph, I can turn sharp but if i am actually moving on a track I have trouble making the turn unless I whip.

Old 09-05-2016, 04:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

I'm running Joe's setup and I feel like it turns best with speed. I initiate the turn off power and about 1/2 (apex), maybe a little before, of the turn, I start to get back on it. I initially thought the car didn't turn well, but that strategy has worked for me. I believe his setup (and the stock setup) loosens up the rear to make the car turn.
Old 09-05-2016, 04:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

I believe David Hemingway has a set that locks down the rear so you basically turn off-power and slower. He said it's on Tekno's website or you can go to one of the two Tekno owners FB page and msg him or post a msg.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.