R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

    Hide Wikipost
Old 03-13-2017, 12:03 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Tekno RC EB48.3 Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: MattDub
Welcome to the EB48.3 Wiki


What option parts should I consider buying with a new kit?
None are required but we recommend the following:

Springs:
Low Grip Track:
TKR8772 Yellow Low Frequency Rear Springs and TKR8762 Grey Low Frequency Front Springs

Low to Medium Grip Track:
TKR8773 Orange Low Frequency Rear Springs and TKR8763 Black Low Frequency Front Springs

Medium to High Grip Track:
TKR8774 - Red Low Frequency Rear Springs and TKR8764 - Pink Low Frequency Front Springs

TKR5199B HRC Rear Hubs (L/R, CV or uni, EB/NB/ET/NT48/48.3) - Improves stability of the rear on mid to corner exit. Able to be on power earlier on corner exit.

TKR6146 - CNC Delrin Shock Cartridge Set

TiNi Shock Shafts
-TKR6017T (front)
-TKR6061T (rear)

This car is very durable. Here are the spare parts that I recommend you keep on hand:
TKR5020 Hinge Pins (inner, front/rear)
TKR6061T Rear Shock Shafts w/ TiNi Coating and TKR6017T Front Shock Shafts w/ TiNi Coating
TKR5286 Front Suspension Arms and TKR5184 Rear Suspension Arms
TKR5194 Spindle Carriers
TKR6009 Shock O-Ring and Bladder Set (for 2 shocks)

Tips and Tricks

List of Vehicle Setup Adjustments and Build Tips can be found here. There are several videos and articles detailing the building of shocks, diffs, camber links, etc.

Page 3 Step K-3
Put the screw in upside down so that the head of the screw is in the hex spot that's molded into the spindle. This will aid in clearance in full droop / full steering.

Page 12 Step I-2
Use no less than 4 shims on the steering spindle to limit steering throw. I actually just use one 2mm ball stud washer from my 10th scale stuff since each shim is .5mm.

Setup Sheets:
Setup sheets for all Tekno RC vehicles can be found here.

Warranty Policy:
Tekno RC is the only company in the industry that will give 50% off of parts if returned to them using the General Warranty return policy found on their website. The parts can be lightly used or completely abused, as long as the part is still being produced it's covered!

Piston Drills:
Some of our setups recommend using pistons that are enlarged. For instance 4x1.9 or 3x2.0. To drill the pistons we recommend the following:
GMK Supply Piston Drill Set
16PC Metric Bit Set Metric Sizes 2.00 to 3.00 MM.

Print Wikipost

Like Tree12Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-23-2016, 08:09 PM   #1666
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 427
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Barry View Post
I'm confused. The Tekno Site says the following about the Motor Mount under the EB48.3 kit. Did you not get a motor mount included or do you feel it's the wrong one?

Motor Mount:
2-piece CNC aluminum motor mount with precision dual clamping gear mesh adjustment.
Split center diff mount for easy maintenance.
Lightweight direct-to-diff mount design.
Uses standard MOD 1 pinion gears (TKR4171-TKR4190).

Source: http://www.teknorc.com/shop/tkr5005-...ric-buggy-kit/

Show us a pic of what you feel is the wrong part and we acn help you get it sorted.
This is the motor mount that is SUPPOSED to come with the kit, correct?

Versus This mount that came with his kit.


Anywho, it doesn't matter much now because the seller sold it locally and I didn't get his truck, but basically, his kit came with the mount pictured below, when you go on the tekno site, the top mount is shown to come with the kit. That's what we were getting around to. Thanks for your help Bob.
NoobRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 08:14 PM   #1667
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 427
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

Back to the pinion for the 6s.....

1350kv, medium, large and huge track...which pinion to start with?
NoobRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 08:57 PM   #1668
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,076
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Will changing the front kick up affect the amount of mechanical steering throw? I have four washers behind my steering limit screws but the steering throw mechanically maxes out about 1/8" short of making contact with the limit screws. The only change I recently made was to set change the front kickup setting to dot up in the A block and dot down in the B block. I can't find any other reason I am not getting full steering throws any more. I have checked for bent or damaged parts and the steering locks at that point even if the servo horn is removed.
MX304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 09:19 PM   #1669
Tech Master
 
Matthew_Armeni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,502
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoobRacer View Post
This is the motor mount that is SUPPOSED to come with the kit, correct?

Versus This mount that came with his kit.


Anywho, it doesn't matter much now because the seller sold it locally and I didn't get his truck, but basically, his kit came with the mount pictured below, when you go on the tekno site, the top mount is shown to come with the kit. That's what we were getting around to. Thanks for your help Bob.
The first picture shows the motor mount that's included with the SC/SL, it's designed to be used with 36mm motors. The second picture is the older mount that you would need if you wanted to run mechanical brakes. There's another lightened mount that's included with the .3 that looks like the 1st one but has the motor sit higher.
__________________
Tekno RC
Matthew_Armeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 09:21 PM   #1670
Tech Master
 
Matthew_Armeni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,502
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoobRacer View Post
Back to the pinion for the 6s.....

1350kv, medium, large and huge track...which pinion to start with?
You'll want 17-20.
__________________
Tekno RC
Matthew_Armeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 09:34 PM   #1671
Tech Master
 
werner sline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,974
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoobRacer View Post
Back to the pinion for the 6s.....

1350kv, medium, large and huge track...which pinion to start with?
keep cool man, 6s racing setup is not common. My 2 cents : you calculate the RPM to compair to a regular 4s setup.
like : 4s x 1900 kv = 39000
and
6s x 1350 kv = 34000
now you want the same speed for the center diff : most use 19/44 = 0.43
39000x0.43 = 16770 rmp on the center diff
34000/16770= 0.49 almost 0.5 so 44 / 2 approx 21 tooth on the pinion gear

my guess is that you should start with a 21 tooth pinion to see how it handles in real life
__________________
werner's bunch of RC freestyle: werner's new video : hobao hyper MT trailer 2 : HIGHER!
https://youtu.be/CLPFyAtPCY0
werner sline is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 01:53 AM   #1672
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 427
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew_Armeni View Post
The first picture shows the motor mount that's included with the SC/SL, it's designed to be used with 36mm motors. The second picture is the older mount that you would need if you wanted to run mechanical brakes. There's another lightened mount that's included with the .3 that looks like the 1st one but has the motor sit higher.
Yeah basically that's what I was getting at. The person purchased a new kit and it came with the second pic and not a mount that resembled in the first pic that actually comes with the kit now. Though the top pic was taken directly from the tekno site under the eb48.3 vehicles. Thanks
NoobRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 02:05 AM   #1673
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 427
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by werner sline View Post
keep cool man, 6s racing setup is not common. My 2 cents : you calculate the RPM to compair to a regular 4s setup.
like : 4s x 1900 kv = 39000
and
6s x 1350 kv = 34000
now you want the same speed for the center diff : most use 19/44 = 0.43
39000x0.43 = 16770 rmp on the center diff
34000/16770= 0.49 almost 0.5 so 44 / 2 approx 21 tooth on the pinion gear


my guess is that you should start with a 21 tooth pinion to see how it handles in real life
How did you get those numbers? I got.

4s = 14.8 x 1900 = 28,120rpm
6s = 22.2 x 1350 = 29,970rpm

So my guess would be if a 4s is running 17t I should be running 18t/19t?

Nvm, just looked at your math, no matter the difference in rpm numbers we came up with both came to the same assumption that it will be to AT LEAST one tooth high or two.

Yes, 6s is not common because the roar rules are 4s, I club race and tend to some big races but don't ever plan to podium so I chose the 6s set up so it's less wear and tear on my esc and battery. The track owners or roar members aren't buying my equipment for me so I'd rather use my money wisely instead of smoking my esc or puffing batteries.....I seen it happen quite a few times in my short time racing.
NoobRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 07:38 PM   #1674
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Kingsport, TN (Still SC tho)
Posts: 839
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoobRacer View Post
This is the motor mount that is SUPPOSED to come with the kit, correct?

Versus This mount that came with his kit.


Anywho, it doesn't matter much now because the seller sold it locally and I didn't get his truck, but basically, his kit came with the mount pictured below, when you go on the tekno site, the top mount is shown to come with the kit. That's what we were getting around to. Thanks for your help Bob.
The light motor mount is an upgrade. It's not part of the kit. At least not on my EB48.3.
qstorm777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 08:54 PM   #1675
Tech Elite
 
justpoet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NH, USA
Posts: 2,049
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

As mentioned, the lightened motor mount is not part of the kit. The pictures of the split center diff are re-used from the SL/SCT which have that LCG mount, but if you read the description it doesn't have the LCG (which doesn't work well for 8th scale sized motors), nor the lightened (which is an option part for the full sized 8th scales).
__________________
"We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but we rather have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit." -Aristotle
My wallet supports: TeknoRC.com, NorCalHobbies.com, SMC, Sanwa, and several tire/servo companies.
justpoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 12:32 AM   #1676
Tech Master
 
werner sline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,974
Default

you took 3.7v for your lipos : I took 4.2v, but that's a good question : which voltage do you take for calculations ?

when will you test you 6s setup ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoobRacer View Post
How did you get those numbers? I got.

4s = 14.8 x 1900 = 28,120rpm
6s = 22.2 x 1350 = 29,970rpm

So my guess would be if a 4s is running 17t I should be running 18t/19t?

Nvm, just looked at your math, no matter the difference in rpm numbers we came up with both came to the same assumption that it will be to AT LEAST one tooth high or two.

Yes, 6s is not common because the roar rules are 4s, I club race and tend to some big races but don't ever plan to podium so I chose the 6s set up so it's less wear and tear on my esc and battery. The track owners or roar members aren't buying my equipment for me so I'd rather use my money wisely instead of smoking my esc or puffing batteries.....I seen it happen quite a few times in my short time racing.
__________________
werner's bunch of RC freestyle: werner's new video : hobao hyper MT trailer 2 : HIGHER!
https://youtu.be/CLPFyAtPCY0
werner sline is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 01:07 AM   #1677
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 427
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by werner sline View Post
you took 3.7v for your lipos : I took 4.2v, but that's a good question : which voltage do you take for calculations ?

when will you test you 6s setup ?
This weekend. It's been awhile since I've last raced but just in common science, my esc and battery will run more efficient. I will let you know. Trying to get halfway decent before attending wicked weekend in August.
NoobRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 01:32 AM   #1678
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Lahore, Pakistan
Posts: 267
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoobRacer View Post
Back to the pinion for the 6s.....

1350kv, medium, large and huge track...which pinion to start with?
I've got the exact same kv motor configured at 6s ... I'm using a 16t pinion. Its perfect for me.
__________________
Asad M.
mamdot91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 03:03 AM   #1679
Tech Master
 
werner sline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,974
Default

16t ! what setup on your ESC ? timing ?
__________________
werner's bunch of RC freestyle: werner's new video : hobao hyper MT trailer 2 : HIGHER!
https://youtu.be/CLPFyAtPCY0
werner sline is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 05:23 AM   #1680
Tech Elite
 
Stubbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 2,177
Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoobRacer View Post
This weekend. It's been awhile since I've last raced but just in common science, my esc and battery will run more efficient. I will let you know. Trying to get halfway decent before attending wicked weekend in August.
Don't worry about trying to get "half way decent before Wicked Weekend".....as long as you can maintain a straight line, and don't have issues with "whiskey throttle", you'll do fine. Focus on having fun, and not over driving your buggy....

WW is my favorite race of the year (yes, even over PNB), and Bobby Moore always makes a fun track that is fun and challenging for beginners and pros alike.
__________________
Mike Stubblefield - www.capefearraceway.com
"If you're not racing to have fun, then you're doing it WRONG."
"All you need is WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it moves, and it shouldn't, use the Duct Tape. If it doesn't move, and it should, use the WD-40."
Stubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:19 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net