Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree22Likes

Tekno RC EB48.3 Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-13-2017, 12:03 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Tekno RC EB48.3 Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: MattDub
Welcome to the EB48.3 Wiki

What option parts should I consider buying with a new kit?
None are required but we recommend the following:

Springs:
Low Grip Track:
TKR8772 – Yellow Low Frequency Rear Springs and TKR8762 – Grey Low Frequency Front Springs

Low to Medium Grip Track:
TKR8773 – Orange Low Frequency Rear Springs and TKR8763 – Black Low Frequency Front Springs

Medium to High Grip Track:
TKR8774 - Red Low Frequency Rear Springs and TKR8764 - Pink Low Frequency Front Springs

TKR5199B – HRC Rear Hubs (L/R, CV or uni, EB/NB/ET/NT48/48.3) - Improves stability of the rear on mid to corner exit. Able to be on power earlier on corner exit.

TKR6146 - CNC Delrin Shock Cartridge Set

TiNi Shock Shafts
-TKR6017T (front)
-TKR6061T (rear)

This car is very durable. Here are the spare parts that I recommend you keep on hand:
TKR5020 – Hinge Pins (inner, front/rear)
TKR6061T – Rear Shock Shafts w/ TiNi Coating and TKR6017T – Front Shock Shafts w/ TiNi Coating
TKR5286 – Front Suspension Arms and TKR5184 – Rear Suspension Arms
TKR5194 – Spindle Carriers
TKR6009 – Shock O-Ring and Bladder Set (for 2 shocks)

Tips and Tricks

List of Vehicle Setup Adjustments and Build Tips can be found here. There are several videos and articles detailing the building of shocks, diffs, camber links, etc.

Page 3 Step K-3
Put the screw in upside down so that the head of the screw is in the hex spot that's molded into the spindle. This will aid in clearance in full droop / full steering.

Page 12 Step I-2
Use no less than 4 shims on the steering spindle to limit steering throw. I actually just use one 2mm ball stud washer from my 10th scale stuff since each shim is .5mm.

Setup Sheets:
Setup sheets for all Tekno RC vehicles can be found here.

Warranty Policy:
Tekno RC is the only company in the industry that will give 50% off of parts if returned to them using the General Warranty return policy found on their website. The parts can be lightly used or completely abused, as long as the part is still being produced it's covered!

Piston Drills:
Some of our setups recommend using pistons that are enlarged. For instance 4x1.9 or 3x2.0. To drill the pistons we recommend the following:
GMK Supply Piston Drill Set
16PC Metric Bit Set Metric Sizes 2.00 to 3.00 MM.

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2015, 01:24 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Maybe this is a stupid question or a dumb place to ask but I'll shoot it out anyways.

What's the difference between the EB 48.3 and the EB SL? I know the SL can basically be a SCT or a buggy with a couple different parts. Is the same true for the 48.3 then? Basically a SCT410.3 with a couple buggy parts? Lastly, difference between EB48.3 and the ET48.3, other than wheels and longer a-arms? Can they all be interchanged?
Old 10-26-2015, 01:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Calde315
Maybe this is a stupid question or a dumb place to ask but I'll shoot it out anyways.

What's the difference between the EB 48.3 and the EB SL? I know the SL can basically be a SCT or a buggy with a couple different parts. Is the same true for the 48.3 then? Basically a SCT410.3 with a couple buggy parts? Lastly, difference between EB48.3 and the ET48.3, other than wheels and longer a-arms? Can they all be interchanged?
All 3 vehicles share a similar platform. The chassis layout between the SL and the EB48.3 are the same (although different aluminum and stamping/milling), with the ET48.3 having a longer version of this same chassis layout.

The drivetrain of the SL is smaller and lighter than that of the full weight EB48.3. This is noticeable mostly in with the smaller diff 1/10th scale outdrives and dogbones. However, the arms, towers and shocks are all smaller, lighter versions on the SL.

ET48.3, as you mention, has longer arms in addition to the above mentioned longer chassis. The EB48.3 and the ET48.3 now share the same size front and rear shocks(long - front, extra long - rear), whereas the SL uses short up front and the "long" shock in the rear. Truggy uses heavier springs than the buggy.

The ET48.3 also has a different internal drive ratio in the front and rear diffs to accommodate the larger truggy wheels and tires.

There are a lot of common parts across all three vehicles, making it nice to own a fleet of Tekno's and being able to share parts.

And yes, the SL and SCT share the same light weight drivetrain parts.
Old 10-26-2015, 07:11 PM
Tech Elite

Anyone running box setup and wants a little more rotation / exit corner steering try moving the links to the inside on the hub on front and dropping the rear to 4k. I'm running 7-5-4 and feel it squares up just a little faster but still hooks and powers out of the turn.
Old 10-27-2015, 03:36 PM
MOE
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

What brand diff oil, PT?
Old 10-27-2015, 07:08 PM
Tech Elite

I use a different brands just depends on what I have on hand and what I can get in the rating I want. CST rating should be a standard measurement across brands, but who knows how close they really are.

I'm using AE 7k front, Kit 5k in the middle and Mugen 4k in the rear
Old 10-28-2015, 10:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Generally diff fluids are closer to each other than shock fluid "wt" since cst is an actual measurement. However, various brands still tend to feel softer than others, and some are more consistent than others.

I've not picked up any PT myself yet, though a lot of the Tekno guys love it. I've had good luck with Kyosho diff fluids myself when not using oils from kits (which I still have plenty of).
Old 10-28-2015, 11:16 AM
Tech Adept

Took my EB48.3 to the track for the first time - finally!
Very, very suprised how this thing drives. After a few laps I beat my Losi 3.0 lap time record by 1,5 seconds (rather big track, it's 45+ seconds laps). And I was able to be very consistent with these fast laps! Amazing And it was all stock setup.

Don't really understand why some of you write it doesn't have enough steering. I had a lot, much much more than on my Losi which is perfectly tuned for this track.
Rear end felt a little nervous, need to tune it. Can't wait for 2016 season!
Old 10-28-2015, 01:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stanson
Took my EB48.3 to the track for the first time - finally!
Very, very suprised how this thing drives. After a few laps I beat my Losi 3.0 lap time record by 1,5 seconds (rather big track, it's 45+ seconds laps). And I was able to be very consistent with these fast laps! Amazing And it was all stock setup.

Don't really understand why some of you write it doesn't have enough steering. I had a lot, much much more than on my Losi which is perfectly tuned for this track.
Install the steering limiters if you haven't already, 4 washers. Should help the rear end feel better and you'll still have plenty of steering.
Old 10-29-2015, 02:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'm interested in this kit but I am increasingly worried about having fitment issues with my Hobbywing Xerun 150a.
Old 10-29-2015, 02:54 AM
Tech Regular

I just got my .3 so i don't know if it was covered. On the shock package. 400 front/ 450 rear is stock, witch isn't that bad at all. Feels like a pillow. what else are people running? Still thicker in the rear over the front? I would like to try heaver fluid all around. Honestly I've never had my rear thick then my front before.....im kinda at a loss on what to try. I would like to try them a little more "dead" where they just take the hit, suck it up on a landing...not a lot of rebound
Old 10-29-2015, 02:55 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by R1Joel
I'm interested in this kit but I am increasingly worried about having fitment issues with my Hobbywing Xerun 150a.
Ive seen a lot of the old 150a in Tekno. Starting to see the new xr8 150a in them as well. They do fit...
Old 10-29-2015, 10:22 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Dont Hack Me
Ive seen a lot of the old 150a in Tekno. Starting to see the new xr8 150a in them as well. They do fit...
It's very easy to get both the new XR8 and 150A to fit just got to have a short sensor wire
Old 10-29-2015, 10:31 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stanson
Its probably because the previous version had even more steering than the new car. Loved the car,it worked well but was still hunting for a setup a bit more than I liked but other drivers on the track made it go quite well.

next year if all goes well I hope to see the Tekno drivers with the new cars laying down some laps and get some good setups as they track unless something changes in general is rough and very loose. Fun track though.
Old 10-29-2015, 12:06 PM
Tech Elite

Tekno RC is now accepting driver sponsorship applications with driver resume. Please send an e-mail to your Regional Team Manager (as shown in the link below) with the title "2016 Tekno Sponsorship Application" if you would like to be a part of the team. I am in no position of power at all, just spreading the word. Good luck!
http://www.teknorc.com/rtm-territories/
Old 10-29-2015, 12:08 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Dont Hack Me
I just got my .3 so i don't know if it was covered. On the shock package. 400 front/ 450 rear is stock, witch isn't that bad at all. Feels like a pillow. what else are people running? Still thicker in the rear over the front? I would like to try heaver fluid all around. Honestly I've never had my rear thick then my front before.....im kinda at a loss on what to try. I would like to try them a little more "dead" where they just take the hit, suck it up on a landing...not a lot of rebound
A lot of this is dependent upon shock position so that you end up with somewhat matched response on the front and back. I run the same oil all the way around on mine.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.