R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-13-2017, 12:03 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Official Tekno RC EB48.3 Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: MattDub
Welcome to the EB48.3 Wiki

What option parts should I consider buying with a new kit?
None are required but we recommend the following:

Springs:
Low Grip Track:
TKR8772 Yellow Low Frequency Rear Springs and TKR8762 Grey Low Frequency Front Springs

Low to Medium Grip Track:
TKR8773 Orange Low Frequency Rear Springs and TKR8763 Black Low Frequency Front Springs

Medium to High Grip Track:
TKR8774 - Red Low Frequency Rear Springs and TKR8764 - Pink Low Frequency Front Springs

TKR5199B HRC Rear Hubs (L/R, CV or uni, EB/NB/ET/NT48/48.3) - Improves stability of the rear on mid to corner exit. Able to be on power earlier on corner exit.

TKR6146 - CNC Delrin Shock Cartridge Set

TiNi Shock Shafts
-TKR6017T (front)
-TKR6061T (rear)

This car is very durable. Here are the spare parts that I recommend you keep on hand:
TKR5020 Hinge Pins (inner, front/rear)
TKR6061T Rear Shock Shafts w/ TiNi Coating and TKR6017T Front Shock Shafts w/ TiNi Coating
TKR5286 Front Suspension Arms and TKR5184 Rear Suspension Arms
TKR5194 Spindle Carriers
TKR6009 Shock O-Ring and Bladder Set (for 2 shocks)

Tips and Tricks

List of Vehicle Setup Adjustments and Build Tips can be found here. There are several videos and articles detailing the building of shocks, diffs, camber links, etc.

Page 3 Step K-3
Put the screw in upside down so that the head of the screw is in the hex spot that's molded into the spindle. This will aid in clearance in full droop / full steering.

Page 12 Step I-2
Use no less than 4 shims on the steering spindle to limit steering throw. I actually just use one 2mm ball stud washer from my 10th scale stuff since each shim is .5mm.

Setup Sheets:
Setup sheets for all Tekno RC vehicles can be found here.

Warranty Policy:
Tekno RC is the only company in the industry that will give 50% off of parts if returned to them using the General Warranty return policy found on their website. The parts can be lightly used or completely abused, as long as the part is still being produced it's covered!

Piston Drills:
Some of our setups recommend using pistons that are enlarged. For instance 4x1.9 or 3x2.0. To drill the pistons we recommend the following:
GMK Supply Piston Drill Set
16PC Metric Bit Set Metric Sizes 2.00 to 3.00 MM.

Print Wikipost

Like Tree10Likes

Old 01-05-2016, 09:11 AM   #1021
Tech Adept
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wittyname View Post
The arms , towers , and shocks all work together and should be changed at once. I just used the kit in the link from fierce and it was a good buy. Add the trailing spindles and hubs if you want them . The .3 suspension blocks when your ready for them . The car is really different now. I have to give props to Pete at fierce , when I ordered , I did not add the new size bearings to my order and he promptly emailed me and made sure I didn't miss something . That's how you earn somebodies business right there !!
Perfect, this was what I was looking for right here. Looks like I shouldn't worry about it then until I have those 3 main components at once.
Calde315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 11:25 AM   #1022
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballistic2 View Post
Ok thanks, that's what I was needing to know. Have the truck now.
The sct410.3 and the EB48SL share 95% of their parts if you want something closer. there are pros and cons when comparing the SL and the eb48.3...But it depends on what you plan to do.

Sponsors: Fiercercsolutions.com, AKA, jtbearingco.com, CowRC, Walden Designs, Leadfinger Racing, And BoomRC.net
ezlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 12:26 PM   #1023
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

That's awesome customer service!!! I just got my kit and can't wait to start building it!!!
LS2-TOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 08:01 PM   #1024
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calde315 View Post
I've seen that was just going to piece it together slowly, for nothing better to do this winter and haven't driven it on a track yet (bought used). Figured why not build it up over winter to .3 specs.

I could buy that kit, but what I'm asking is can I get say the new arms and install those by themselves without any of the other add ons, and then keeping adding on piecemeal?
You can get away with doing something like this with each step being on its own:
1) rear arms, rear hubs, new rear shock body/shock shaft.
2) front arms, re-use prior rear shock body/shock shaft on the front shock build
3) shock towers
anytime) hinge pin holders and inserts
anytime) spindles/spindle carriers

The BIG WARNING is that due to the change in shock length, it is possible with some of the shock positions to make the shock bottom out, rather than the car, when still using the old towers. Don't use those positions on the shock tower unless you want to do damage to the shocks.

Somewhere in there you likely want to switch pistons to the new 4x1.8 pistons as well. I did it this way and did 1 and 2 first with the spindles and spindle carriers, then the towers and hinge pin holders later.
"We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but we rather have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit." -Aristotle
My wallet supports: TeknoRC.com, NorCalHobbies.com, SMC, Tekin, and several tire/servo companies.
justpoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 03:12 PM   #1025
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by justpoet View Post
You can get away with doing something like this with each step being on its own:
1) rear arms, rear hubs, new rear shock body/shock shaft.
2) front arms, re-use prior rear shock body/shock shaft on the front shock build
3) shock towers
anytime) hinge pin holders and inserts
anytime) spindles/spindle carriers

The BIG WARNING is that due to the change in shock length, it is possible with some of the shock positions to make the shock bottom out, rather than the car, when still using the old towers. Don't use those positions on the shock tower unless you want to do damage to the shocks.

Somewhere in there you likely want to switch pistons to the new 4x1.8 pistons as well. I did it this way and did 1 and 2 first with the spindles and spindle carriers, then the towers and hinge pin holders later.
I would avoid using the most inner hole on the .1/.2 shock towers. I have seen lutz use the second most inner hole though.

Last edited by CJH 22; 01-06-2016 at 03:35 PM.
CJH 22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 03:18 PM   #1026
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default eb48.2 vs eb48.3

Hi , I have a question about tekno eb48.2. What are the differences between eb48.2 vs .3? I just currently bought the eb48.2 for my first e-buggy. I'm liking it so far.
RodRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 03:38 PM   #1027
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodRC View Post
Hi , I have a question about tekno eb48.2. What are the differences between eb48.2 vs .3? I just currently bought the eb48.2 for my first e-buggy. I'm liking it so far.
EB48.3 New Features:

Completely redesigned suspension geometry
New front arms
New rear arms
New front and rear 7075 CNC aluminum shock towers
New extra long shocks for increased suspension travel
New tapered 4 x 1.8mm shock pistons
New clamping spring perches with captured shock boots
New rear hubs
New trailing front spindles and spindle carriers
New V2 hinge pin braces and inserts
Low profile wing mount
Revised bumper for increased ground clearance
New split center differential mount
New straight turnbuckle rod ends
New tapered aluminum front center driveshaft
New left and right hand threaded shock mount screws
New easily adjustable droop screws
Revised shock standoffs for easier droop measurement
Longer rear sway bar for more consistent traction
Updated chassis with increased clearance for V2 hinge pin settings
Updated setup sheet for improved handling
Old 01-06-2016, 03:39 PM   #1028
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
A arms, spindles, carriers, shock towers, chassis, rear hubs, turnbuckles, all internal gears, pistons, lcg wing mount. I'm might have missed a few but review the whole thread I believe someone put a whole list or refer to the Tekno Rc website they have a list there too.
CJH 22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 05:04 PM   #1029
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
The others are accurate in their descriptions, but in short:
The EB48.3 has a different suspension geometry and shock package. It will be slightly easier to drive and soak up bumps and large jumps better than the EB48.2. It also has some convenience items such as the split center diff mount to make maintenance or tuning easier.
"We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but we rather have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit." -Aristotle
My wallet supports: TeknoRC.com, NorCalHobbies.com, SMC, Tekin, and several tire/servo companies.
justpoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 06:24 PM   #1030
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default tekno eb48.2

Awesome, I guess it's safe to say eb48.2 still a competitive e buggy. Even without the up grades. Thank you for quick reply.
RodRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 06:48 AM   #1031
MOE
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
Awesome, I guess it's safe to say eb48.2 still a competitive e buggy. Even without the up grades. Thank you for quick reply.
Without a doubt!
Dialed-Rc Hobbies
Advantage Racing Products
MOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 08:36 PM   #1032
Tech Adept

Hey guys I just got one of these buggies and I would like to know your recommendations on how to make this buggy drive easier.
RC Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 11:48 PM   #1033
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Check out the replies to my post on this page:

Official Tekno RC EB48.3 Thread

I am yet to try the changes out. I am racing on Sunday so I am hoping they work. I lengthended the rear link, put 7k in the front diff and set the ride height to 26mm/26mm.
R1Joel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 06:38 AM   #1034
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

For the guys that are just dying to calm this car down with a magic bullet , this is the magic bullet ...

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXVZK3

The single best thing I did to my .2 to settle it down and they made a huge difference. Run them on the rear, and its a pretty quick change.

Try either 2mm or 3mm if you find them. I don't run them on my .3 all the time , but they are in the box for those days when I just cannot get my shiz straight.

Full disclaimer : Your results may vary ....

Don't forget ... Have fun , talk sh*$ with your buddies, and have fun.

I race so I can have people flip my car over ....
wittyname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 07:57 AM   #1035
Tech Addict

Hi everyone,

Just a heads up regarding our New Aluminum Stub Axles:

The Tekno RC Aluminum Stub Axles (Part #TKR5070A) are designed to reduce rotating mass as well as unsprung weight without sacrificing strength or durability. After undergoing several months of race proven testing, they meet our high standards for toughness and performance. CNC Machined from 7075 aluminum, then hard anodized for wear, they provide a weight reduction of over 12 grams per pair (over 24 grams for the whole set!). They are a direct replacement for the stock steel stub axles (TKR5070).

Features:
  • 24.4 gram rotating mass reduction.
  • Slightly improved fuel mileage.
  • Increased suspension efficiency by cutting unsprung weight.
  • Three locations for CVA pin placement, extending product life and value.
  • Use with the Tekno RC NB48.3, NT48.3, EB48.3 , ET48.3 and previous generation vehicles.

Thank you for your support!

Last edited by Ilias; 01-11-2016 at 02:01 AM.
Ilias is offline   Reply With Quote