R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

    Hide Wikipost
Old 03-13-2017, 12:03 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Official Tekno RC EB48.3 Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: MattDub
Welcome to the EB48.3 Wiki


What option parts should I consider buying with a new kit?
None are required but we recommend the following:

Springs:
Low Grip Track:
TKR8772 Yellow Low Frequency Rear Springs and TKR8762 Grey Low Frequency Front Springs

Low to Medium Grip Track:
TKR8773 Orange Low Frequency Rear Springs and TKR8763 Black Low Frequency Front Springs

Medium to High Grip Track:
TKR8774 - Red Low Frequency Rear Springs and TKR8764 - Pink Low Frequency Front Springs

TKR5199B HRC Rear Hubs (L/R, CV or uni, EB/NB/ET/NT48/48.3) - Improves stability of the rear on mid to corner exit. Able to be on power earlier on corner exit.

TKR6146 - CNC Delrin Shock Cartridge Set

TiNi Shock Shafts
-TKR6017T (front)
-TKR6061T (rear)

This car is very durable. Here are the spare parts that I recommend you keep on hand:
TKR5020 Hinge Pins (inner, front/rear)
TKR6061T Rear Shock Shafts w/ TiNi Coating and TKR6017T Front Shock Shafts w/ TiNi Coating
TKR5286 Front Suspension Arms and TKR5184 Rear Suspension Arms
TKR5194 Spindle Carriers
TKR6009 Shock O-Ring and Bladder Set (for 2 shocks)

Tips and Tricks

List of Vehicle Setup Adjustments and Build Tips can be found here. There are several videos and articles detailing the building of shocks, diffs, camber links, etc.

Page 3 Step K-3
Put the screw in upside down so that the head of the screw is in the hex spot that's molded into the spindle. This will aid in clearance in full droop / full steering.

Page 12 Step I-2
Use no less than 4 shims on the steering spindle to limit steering throw. I actually just use one 2mm ball stud washer from my 10th scale stuff since each shim is .5mm.

Setup Sheets:
Setup sheets for all Tekno RC vehicles can be found here.

Warranty Policy:
Tekno RC is the only company in the industry that will give 50% off of parts if returned to them using the General Warranty return policy found on their website. The parts can be lightly used or completely abused, as long as the part is still being produced it's covered!

Piston Drills:
Some of our setups recommend using pistons that are enlarged. For instance 4x1.9 or 3x2.0. To drill the pistons we recommend the following:
GMK Supply Piston Drill Set
16PC Metric Bit Set Metric Sizes 2.00 to 3.00 MM.

Print Wikipost

Like Tree10Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-03-2015, 06:13 PM   #826
Tech Apprentice
 
Ruffdog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 66
Default

I'm thinking about changing to PT racing oils for my Tekno's and had a few question. I have been using Associated oils and was wondering if 7000 cst Associated feels the same as 7000 cst PT oils. Does one brand feel thicker than the other brand at the same cst rating? what about shock oil between PT and Associated? a bottle of Associated 30 wt says 350 cst. Does that match PT racing 350 cst?

According to the chart in the link below, associated 30 wt is 400 cst.

http://www.teknorc.com/tekno5/wp-con...ions_Chart.pdf

Any clarification would be appreciated. Thanks!!
Ruffdog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 07:11 PM   #827
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: North East Ohio
Posts: 410
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruffdog1 View Post
I'm thinking about changing to PT racing oils for my Tekno's and had a few question. I have been using Associated oils and was wondering if 7000 cst Associated feels the same as 7000 cst PT oils. Does one brand feel thicker than the other brand at the same cst rating? what about shock oil between PT and Associated? a bottle of Associated 30 wt says 350 cst. Does that match PT racing 350 cst?

According to the chart in the link below, associated 30 wt is 400 cst.

http://www.teknorc.com/tekno5/wp-con...ions_Chart.pdf

Any clarification would be appreciated. Thanks!!
I might be wrong but I thought CST was a standard. Since WT is not, you could compare between the two. Also, Lucas oil makes AE fluid. If CST does have a standard... I would trust Lucas over PT and tekno.

Something else. I picked up my kit about a month and a half ago. My steering was a little off, so i was looking at it to figure out why. My ackerman, where the steering linkage bolts up. Its bent down, not a small slight bend but a considerable amount. The right side is more then the left. I can't believe it didn't break, can't believe it bent but can't believe it didn't break. Anyone else see this happen?
Dont Hack Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 09:06 PM   #828
Tech Elite
 
Mizchief's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 2,069
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dont Hack Me View Post
I might be wrong but I thought CST was a standard. Since WT is not, you could compare between the two. Also, Lucas oil makes AE fluid. If CST does have a standard... I would trust Lucas over PT and tekno.

Something else. I picked up my kit about a month and a half ago. My steering was a little off, so i was looking at it to figure out why. My ackerman, where the steering linkage bolts up. Its bent down, not a small slight bend but a considerable amount. The right side is more then the left. I can't believe it didn't break, can't believe it bent but can't believe it didn't break. Anyone else see this happen?
I've been running AE for awhile cause it's made by lucas. Starting to switch over to PT due to the larger bottle size more than anything. AE size is fine for 1/10 but with the bigger Tekno shocks front and back it's easier to have the bigger bottle than dealing with the little ones.
__________________
EB48.3 - RX8.2 T8.2 1900kv - Savox SB-2273SG
ET48.3 - RX8 T8.2 2000kv (truggy) - Savox SV-1270TG
Tekno Team Driver
AKA Racing
Mizchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 09:18 PM   #829
Tech Addict
 
Shawn_S's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Emerald Coast
Posts: 700
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motox984 View Post
What's the mod being done to the servo mount so I can install a Futaba S9352HV servo, it's to tight.
Just go slow, thread each screw only a couple turns at first. You'll have to work with some weird angles to screws to thread. Work your way around, tightening each one just a bit at a time. It's a ridiculously tight fit, but no mods are needed.
__________________
Tekno NT48.3 | NB48 | EB48.4 | SCT410.3
Team Durango DEX410v5 | DEX210v3
Mugen MBX-GT8 | GT8-E
Shawn_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 10:50 PM   #830
Tech Adept
 
jason07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 221
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Hey guys, I just started building this buggy tonight and I have a question about the front and rear diffs.

When I put each diff in each respective case, the pinion doesn't really make the out drives spin very much. (They spin freely with no binding and very little noise) I can grab the out drives and spin them and then the pinion spins quickly. Is this normal? Is it just a ratio issue, and when I get the motor installed and put power to it, the wheels will spin as normal?

I recall seeing this in the thread but I don't recall the correct answer or not. I just want to fix it (if it's an issue) before I get it all together.
jason07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 03:31 AM   #831
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: North East Ohio
Posts: 410
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizchief View Post
I've been running AE for awhile cause it's made by lucas. Starting to switch over to PT due to the larger bottle size more than anything. AE size is fine for 1/10 but with the bigger Tekno shocks front and back it's easier to have the bigger bottle than dealing with the little ones.
+1 on that
Dont Hack Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 04:58 AM   #832
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Kingsport, TN (Still SC tho)
Posts: 839
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason07 View Post
Hey guys, I just started building this buggy tonight and I have a question about the front and rear diffs.

When I put each diff in each respective case, the pinion doesn't really make the out drives spin very much. (They spin freely with no binding and very little noise) I can grab the out drives and spin them and then the pinion spins quickly. Is this normal? Is it just a ratio issue, and when I get the motor installed and put power to it, the wheels will spin as normal?

I recall seeing this in the thread but I don't recall the correct answer or not. I just want to fix it (if it's an issue) before I get it all together.
Thats normal. I believe its a 4 to 1 ratio.
qstorm777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 05:22 AM   #833
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Kingsport, TN (Still SC tho)
Posts: 839
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason07 View Post
Hey guys, I just started building this buggy tonight and I have a question about the front and rear diffs.

When I put each diff in each respective case, the pinion doesn't really make the out drives spin very much. (They spin freely with no binding and very little noise) I can grab the out drives and spin them and then the pinion spins quickly. Is this normal? Is it just a ratio issue, and when I get the motor installed and put power to it, the wheels will spin as normal?

I recall seeing this in the thread but I don't recall the correct answer or not. I just want to fix it (if it's an issue) before I get it all together.
I'm in the middle of building mine too. Thought I was going to be further along but sometimes life gets in the way...lol. Anyway, I'm excited to see how the ebug performs. I have the trug, SCT and nitro bug. I like the first two. The nitro bug hasn't seen the track yet (been built since end of sept lol) so I can't comment on it. Previously, I drove the Serpent 811be 2.0. I love the snake, but I hope this one out performs it. The snake doesn't like it when the track gets rutted out. Maybe its just a shock and camber thing, but I have been looking at the ebug for a while and fig might as well give it a try.
qstorm777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 05:26 AM   #834
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Kingsport, TN (Still SC tho)
Posts: 839
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkl View Post
Tekno did design a place for a switch. It is on the mud guard/radio tray. The top edge of the mud guard is not straight across, it has a small section that raises up slightly and has two support ribs molded into the plastic. The switch goes in-between the two ribs. Post #15558
Tekno SCT410 Thread
Having said that, I either cut off my switch or attach it to the side of the ESC.
Why do want the on side towards the front? On my SCT, I have it pointed towards the rear and I haven't had a problem yet.
qstorm777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 06:11 AM   #835
Tech Master
 
wittyname's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Hampton Roads
Posts: 1,885
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by qstorm777 View Post
Why do want the on side towards the front? On my SCT, I have it pointed towards the rear and I haven't had a problem yet.
When off is facing the front of the car , a hard hit can turn the car off at a bad time.... I have had it happen , I have seen it happen , It does happen. especially as a switch wears some.
__________________
Josh W.

Don't forget ... Have fun , talk sh*$ with your buddies, and have fun.

I race so I can have people flip my car over ....
wittyname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 06:50 AM   #836
Tech Adept
 
blackshark3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 132
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motox984 View Post
What's the mod being done to the servo mount so I can install a Futaba S9352HV servo, it's to tight.
I use the same servo, just need to force it down the servo opening, the side wall might bulge a bit.

If I have anything to complain about Tekno cars, it would be their servo/battery tray. First the servo opening is too small for at least Futaba/Sanwa/Savox/Protech regular size servos. Then the ESC space also too small, could just fit the Tekin, Viper/Hobbywing are tight fit, forget Novak. The battery side the battery opening could be a bit wider, so as to allow two packs to be placed on their side, not stacked. Also, that place for the brake servo has to go (I never see anyone in my track uses mechanical brake on their EB/ET/SCT), could either fit the ESC there or give the battery opening even more spaces to push the batteries aft.
blackshark3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 07:42 AM   #837
Tech Master
 
cpt_RedBeard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: N.E Ohio
Posts: 1,010
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to cpt_RedBeard
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruffdog1 View Post
I'm thinking about changing to PT racing oils for my Tekno's and had a few question. I have been using Associated oils and was wondering if 7000 cst Associated feels the same as 7000 cst PT oils. Does one brand feel thicker than the other brand at the same cst rating? what about shock oil between PT and Associated? a bottle of Associated 30 wt says 350 cst. Does that match PT racing 350 cst?

According to the chart in the link below, associated 30 wt is 400 cst.

http://www.teknorc.com/tekno5/wp-con...ions_Chart.pdf

Any clarification would be appreciated. Thanks!!
I'm not sure on weather or not one is thicker or thinner. But I can say I've had several locals running what we thought was really close in AE to what was in my car (I run PT oil) and it was just not. Swapped out their oil for PT and there was certainly difference.

If your going to make the switch I'd use the cst comparison as a base line and then re tune and adjust with PT from there.
__________________
Tekin | AKA | PT RC Racing Oils
cpt_RedBeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 08:15 AM   #838
Tech Initiate
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 42
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Thanks for the info on installing a Futaba servo, I'm guessing you haven't had any problems with them since they are sitting in the mount so tight?
Motox984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 08:55 AM   #839
Tech Regular
 
Carter Flotron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 284
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruffdog1 View Post
I'm thinking about changing to PT racing oils for my Tekno's and had a few question. I have been using Associated oils and was wondering if 7000 cst Associated feels the same as 7000 cst PT oils. Does one brand feel thicker than the other brand at the same cst rating? what about shock oil between PT and Associated? a bottle of Associated 30 wt says 350 cst. Does that match PT racing 350 cst?

According to the chart in the link below, associated 30 wt is 400 cst.

http://www.teknorc.com/tekno5/wp-con...ions_Chart.pdf

Any clarification would be appreciated. Thanks!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpt_RedBeard View Post
I'm not sure on weather or not one is thicker or thinner. But I can say I've had several locals running what we thought was really close in AE to what was in my car (I run PT oil) and it was just not. Swapped out their oil for PT and there was certainly difference.

If your going to make the switch I'd use the cst comparison as a base line and then re tune and adjust with PT from there.
From what I've found, Associated diff oil definitely feels thicker than the PTRC oil. It's been awhile, but from what I can remember the difference is about 2k, so a 553 AE setup feels very close to a 775 PTRC fluid. This is more of a subjective thing though, I didn't really test a whole lot back to back as I tend to stick to one brand of fluid.
__________________
Thanks to all my sponsors for 2016!
|Pro-line Racing|Hobbywing North America|Highest Servos|Fierce RC Solutions|
Carter Flotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 02:16 PM   #840
Tech Apprentice
 
Ruffdog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 66
Default

Thanks to all who responded about the PT oils.

Has anybody used the AKA long wear tires? does a soft long wear tire feel the same as regular soft? If so, why would anybody buy AKA tires that are not long wear?
Ruffdog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:20 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net