R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

    Hide Wikipost
Old 03-13-2017, 12:03 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Official Tekno RC EB48.3 Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: MattDub
Welcome to the EB48.3 Wiki


What option parts should I consider buying with a new kit?
None are required but we recommend the following:

Springs:
Low Grip Track:
TKR8772 Yellow Low Frequency Rear Springs and TKR8762 Grey Low Frequency Front Springs

Low to Medium Grip Track:
TKR8773 Orange Low Frequency Rear Springs and TKR8763 Black Low Frequency Front Springs

Medium to High Grip Track:
TKR8774 - Red Low Frequency Rear Springs and TKR8764 - Pink Low Frequency Front Springs

TKR5199B HRC Rear Hubs (L/R, CV or uni, EB/NB/ET/NT48/48.3) - Improves stability of the rear on mid to corner exit. Able to be on power earlier on corner exit.

TKR6146 - CNC Delrin Shock Cartridge Set

TiNi Shock Shafts
-TKR6017T (front)
-TKR6061T (rear)

This car is very durable. Here are the spare parts that I recommend you keep on hand:
TKR5020 Hinge Pins (inner, front/rear)
TKR6061T Rear Shock Shafts w/ TiNi Coating and TKR6017T Front Shock Shafts w/ TiNi Coating
TKR5286 Front Suspension Arms and TKR5184 Rear Suspension Arms
TKR5194 Spindle Carriers
TKR6009 Shock O-Ring and Bladder Set (for 2 shocks)

Tips and Tricks

List of Vehicle Setup Adjustments and Build Tips can be found here. There are several videos and articles detailing the building of shocks, diffs, camber links, etc.

Page 3 Step K-3
Put the screw in upside down so that the head of the screw is in the hex spot that's molded into the spindle. This will aid in clearance in full droop / full steering.

Page 12 Step I-2
Use no less than 4 shims on the steering spindle to limit steering throw. I actually just use one 2mm ball stud washer from my 10th scale stuff since each shim is .5mm.

Setup Sheets:
Setup sheets for all Tekno RC vehicles can be found here.

Warranty Policy:
Tekno RC is the only company in the industry that will give 50% off of parts if returned to them using the General Warranty return policy found on their website. The parts can be lightly used or completely abused, as long as the part is still being produced it's covered!

Piston Drills:
Some of our setups recommend using pistons that are enlarged. For instance 4x1.9 or 3x2.0. To drill the pistons we recommend the following:
GMK Supply Piston Drill Set
16PC Metric Bit Set Metric Sizes 2.00 to 3.00 MM.

Print Wikipost

Like Tree10Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-18-2015, 09:15 PM   #706
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: St Louis
Posts: 69
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruffdog1 View Post
I need recommendations for a high speed, high torque servo for my EB48.3. I Will be running Tekin electronics. Thanks in advance.
I have a savox 2282. They are on sale right now
Vujkovicv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 12:12 PM   #707
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Kingsport, TN (Still SC tho)
Posts: 839
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjl1 View Post
I recently upgraded to universal on my EB48.3. Today something happened that I have never seen before. One of my front wheels and the whole axle fell off. It turns out that the only thing holding the wheel/hub and axle in place is the inner spindle bearing. This one gave e way.
Tekno universals?
qstorm777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 12:23 PM   #708
Tech Apprentice
 
alejoal07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 99
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjl1 View Post
I recently upgraded to universal on my EB48.3. Today something happened that I have never seen before. One of my front wheels and the whole axle fell off. It turns out that the only thing holding the wheel/hub and axle in place is the inner spindle bearing. This one gave e way.
It's that way in all cars... The bearings hold the assembly in place... If the bearing dies that's what happens, try to check your bearings more often... If they feel at all gritty you should replace them because the damage that a blown bearing can do to your kit is usually much more expensive to repair than the cost of replacing the bearing itself.

Preventive maintenance is ALWAYS cheaper than corrective maintenance
alejoal07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 06:07 PM   #709
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Medina, OH
Posts: 71
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by qstorm777 View Post
Tekno universals?
Yes they are Tekno parts
jjl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 06:18 PM   #710
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Medina, OH
Posts: 71
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alejoal07 View Post
It's that way in all cars... The bearings hold the assembly in place... If the bearing dies that's what happens, try to check your bearings more often... If they feel at all gritty you should replace them because the damage that a blown bearing can do to your kit is usually much more expensive to repair than the cost of replacing the bearing itself.

Preventive maintenance is ALWAYS cheaper than corrective maintenance
alejoal07
These bearing were only about an hour old. I like to take care of my machinery but I am not going to check bearings that often. I am thinking that the universals use smaller diameter bearings than the CVs and the stresses may be higher causing them to fail. I base that on the fact that I have never had this happen on the EB48 or SCT410 with the CVs. Actually, I have never had this happen on any car before. Then again, it could be I got a bad bearing. Just putting it out there to see if anyone else has seen the problem.
jjl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 09:47 PM   #711
Tech Master
 
Matthew_Armeni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,438
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjl1 View Post
alejoal07
These bearing were only about an hour old. I like to take care of my machinery but I am not going to check bearings that often. I am thinking that the universals use smaller diameter bearings than the CVs and the stresses may be higher causing them to fail. I base that on the fact that I have never had this happen on the EB48 or SCT410 with the CVs. Actually, I have never had this happen on any car before. Then again, it could be I got a bad bearing. Just putting it out there to see if anyone else has seen the problem.
More than likely you had a bad bearing. The 8x16x5 bearings in the hubs are the industry standard for 8th scales, everyone uses them and they will usually last quite awhile.
__________________
Tekno RC
Matthew_Armeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 05:05 AM   #712
Tech Master
 
RokleM's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 1,484
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew_Armeni View Post
More than likely you had a bad bearing. The 8x16x5 bearings in the hubs are the industry standard for 8th scales, everyone uses them and they will usually last quite awhile.
Out of balance tires also create quite a bit of load as well. This is a bit more irregular on buggies vs something like a truggy, but something to think of as well.
__________________
- Eric G. -
Tekno EB48.3, NB48.3, ET48.3, NT48.3, Kyosho RB6, RT6
Sponsored by: TeknoRC, REDS Racing USA, Pro-Line Racing, Agency-Z, Krawl Off-Road
RokleM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 06:46 AM   #713
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 11
Default

ok guys so my local indoor track only allows 2s batteries. would I be ok just throwing a 2s battery in my 1800kv 4s setup on my eb48.3 or should I get a different motor? has anyone ran a superlite setup on eb48.3? not sure what to do
canelocsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 07:03 AM   #714
Tech Elite
 
rcgod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 3,045
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by canelocsta View Post
ok guys so my local indoor track only allows 2s batteries. would I be ok just throwing a 2s battery in my 1800kv 4s setup on my eb48.3 or should I get a different motor? has anyone ran a superlite setup on eb48.3? not sure what to do
Get a dedicated 2s motor. Tekin 4300 hd or hobbywing 4000 or 4700.
__________________
Dialed RC Hobbies
rcgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 10:21 AM   #715
Tech Master
 
Matthew_Armeni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,438
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by canelocsta View Post
ok guys so my local indoor track only allows 2s batteries. would I be ok just throwing a 2s battery in my 1800kv 4s setup on my eb48.3 or should I get a different motor? has anyone ran a superlite setup on eb48.3? not sure what to do
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcgod View Post
Get a dedicated 2s motor. Tekin 4300 hd or hobbywing 4000 or 4700.
+1
You need a dedicated 2s motor. I was able to get my full weight buggy (.2 version) down to about 6 lbs by running a lot of aluminum screws, aluminum, turnbuckles, and heavy use of the dremel on a lot of plastic parts. Even if you can't get it that low, as long as you're right around 7 lbs your 2s setup will work fine. A lot of stock SC trucks are up around that weight now.
__________________
Tekno RC
Matthew_Armeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 11:17 AM   #716
Tech Apprentice
 
Ruffdog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 66
Default

what pinion size do you guys like to run with your eb48.3 with tekin 1900 kv motor? I was thinking 18 or 19t. I run an 18 tooth in my sct410.3 with tekin 4300 hd and like it a lot.
Ruffdog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 12:02 PM   #717
mkl
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 882
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

I don't have a .3 but the gearing is the same between the different version, I run a 19t with that motor. Never gets too hot and plenty of top end and torque.
I run a 18t in my 410 with that motor as well.
__________________
Tekno SCT410, Tekno EB48, Tekno ET48, X-Ray 808E, TRCE Slash 4x4, Tamiya Lunchbox, Tamiya Frog, Slash 4x4, Axial Wraith
mkl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 12:22 PM   #718
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruffdog1 View Post
what pinion size do you guys like to run with your eb48.3 with tekin 1900 kv motor? I was thinking 18 or 19t. I run an 18 tooth in my sct410.3 with tekin 4300 hd and like it a lot.
17t seems to be great for me on a small/medium size track.
canelocsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 02:45 PM   #719
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,011
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruffdog1 View Post
what pinion size do you guys like to run with your eb48.3 with tekin 1900 kv motor? I was thinking 18 or 19t. I run an 18 tooth in my sct410.3 with tekin 4300 hd and like it a lot.
I run 19 almost everywhere on outdoor tracks. 17 on a really tight indoor track.
MX304 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 03:21 PM   #720
Tech Apprentice
 
Ruffdog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 66
Default

does anybody like SMC Lipo's or are they a waste of money? I have always bought higher priced/name brand batteries. Is it worth it? Thanks!!
Ruffdog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:38 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net