Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Tekno RC EB48.3 Thread >

Tekno RC EB48.3 Thread

Like Tree22Likes

Tekno RC EB48.3 Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-13-2017, 12:03 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Tekno RC EB48.3 Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: MattDub
Welcome to the EB48.3 Wiki

What option parts should I consider buying with a new kit?
None are required but we recommend the following:

Springs:
Low Grip Track:
TKR8772 – Yellow Low Frequency Rear Springs and TKR8762 – Grey Low Frequency Front Springs

Low to Medium Grip Track:
TKR8773 – Orange Low Frequency Rear Springs and TKR8763 – Black Low Frequency Front Springs

Medium to High Grip Track:
TKR8774 - Red Low Frequency Rear Springs and TKR8764 - Pink Low Frequency Front Springs

TKR5199B – HRC Rear Hubs (L/R, CV or uni, EB/NB/ET/NT48/48.3) - Improves stability of the rear on mid to corner exit. Able to be on power earlier on corner exit.

TKR6146 - CNC Delrin Shock Cartridge Set

TiNi Shock Shafts
-TKR6017T (front)
-TKR6061T (rear)

This car is very durable. Here are the spare parts that I recommend you keep on hand:
TKR5020 – Hinge Pins (inner, front/rear)
TKR6061T – Rear Shock Shafts w/ TiNi Coating and TKR6017T – Front Shock Shafts w/ TiNi Coating
TKR5286 – Front Suspension Arms and TKR5184 – Rear Suspension Arms
TKR5194 – Spindle Carriers
TKR6009 – Shock O-Ring and Bladder Set (for 2 shocks)

Tips and Tricks

List of Vehicle Setup Adjustments and Build Tips can be found here. There are several videos and articles detailing the building of shocks, diffs, camber links, etc.

Page 3 Step K-3
Put the screw in upside down so that the head of the screw is in the hex spot that's molded into the spindle. This will aid in clearance in full droop / full steering.

Page 12 Step I-2
Use no less than 4 shims on the steering spindle to limit steering throw. I actually just use one 2mm ball stud washer from my 10th scale stuff since each shim is .5mm.

Setup Sheets:
Setup sheets for all Tekno RC vehicles can be found here.

Warranty Policy:
Tekno RC is the only company in the industry that will give 50% off of parts if returned to them using the General Warranty return policy found on their website. The parts can be lightly used or completely abused, as long as the part is still being produced it's covered!

Piston Drills:
Some of our setups recommend using pistons that are enlarged. For instance 4x1.9 or 3x2.0. To drill the pistons we recommend the following:
GMK Supply Piston Drill Set
16PC Metric Bit Set Metric Sizes 2.00 to 3.00 MM.

Print Wikipost

Old 08-17-2016, 06:11 PM
Tech Regular

Anyone else having issues with the rear bottoming out? I feel like no matter how thick I go with the rear fluid it's still to soft. Currently at 50wt associated lol, can the Pistons wear out? It slaps really hard off jumps. Been an on going issue for me lately.
Old 08-17-2016, 07:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dragonfueled
Anyone else having issues with the rear bottoming out? I feel like no matter how thick I go with the rear fluid it's still to soft. Currently at 50wt associated lol, can the Pistons wear out? It slaps really hard off jumps. Been an on going issue for me lately.
40-47.5 losi oil is normal for me.. higher side w/ the extreme temps lately. Also are you setting the rebound correctly, STD setup w/ bladders I assume? Makes a big difference if not setup well. Can try to change the shock position higher on the tower if it's the track or conditions related.
Old 08-17-2016, 07:28 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by 8ight-e
40-47.5 losi oil is normal for me.. higher side w/ the extreme temps lately. Also are you setting the rebound correctly, STD setup w/ bladders I assume? Makes a big difference if not setup well. Can try to change the shock position higher on the tower if it's the track or conditions related.
Yea standard setup. I'm almost reAdy to convert it to a 48.2, I don't remember having pushing issues and bottoming out with the .2 lol
Old 08-18-2016, 05:45 AM
Tech Master

Yea standard setup. I'm almost reAdy to convert it to a 48.2, I don't remember having pushing issues and bottoming out with the .2 lol
I'm shocked your having bottoming out issues. The .3 is SO much better than my .2, I would never go back.

Post up your setup, and we'll try to get you right.
Old 08-18-2016, 06:34 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

new shock parts? leaking any fluids? emulsion or bladders? which pistons? Taper up or down?
Old 08-18-2016, 06:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Is it bottoming on the take off face of the jumps, or landing? Mine will bottom if I miss the downside on a big jump, but it never bottoms up the takeoff. Unless of course the jump is built way too steep, or has big blown out holes in the face.
Old 08-18-2016, 07:38 AM
Tech Regular

After looking at it again last night I'm gonna replace the Pistons with new ones. The edges are scuffed up looking and I'm thinking the oil may be seeping around the outside on hard landings.
I should say i don't remember having this issue when I started running it when they first came out. This car has ALLOT of run time on it but is well maintained. I've never worn out Pistons but I will know soon enough. Was just wondering if anyone else had seen this. I believe I started with associated 30 weight and it was good. Now at 50 weight it's still not damped enough so obviously something changed.

And it's slapping on landings. It's just blowing through the dampening. just trying to pin point it
Old 08-18-2016, 09:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

After looking at it again last night I'm gonna replace the Pistons with new ones. The edges are scuffed up looking and I'm thinking the oil may be seeping around the outside on hard landings.
I should say i don't remember having this issue when I started running it when they first came out. This car has ALLOT of run time on it but is well maintained. I've never worn out Pistons but I will know soon enough. Was just wondering if anyone else had seen this. I believe I started with associated 30 weight and it was good. Now at 50 weight it's still not damped enough so obviously something changed.

And it's slapping on landings. It's just blowing through the dampening. just trying to pin point it
Make sure you replace your seals and bushings at the bottom, if your pistons worn that means they are letting it get side load rubbing during tansitions..
Old 08-18-2016, 12:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

if the shock bodies are really old, they could be worn inside. That's not common, but something to consider
Old 08-18-2016, 02:41 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Bob Barry
if the shock bodies are really old, they could be worn inside. That's not common, but something to consider
I was thinking about that but wouldn't you see the anodizing all scratched up? They look perfect inside. Gotta be the Pistons........ I hope
Old 08-18-2016, 03:09 PM
Suspended

EB48.3, AKA Enduro's (Impact out of stock for awhile), Tekin 1900kv, 2 SMC 6500s, RX8g2, DE skid plates, and Pink/Red springs shipping today! Can't wait to build this beast. Anything else I should invest in now? Next up is a better servo, I have a cheap hitec right now. Is there any oils I should use instead of stock oils?
Old 08-19-2016, 04:28 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by deceit
EB48.3, AKA Enduro's (Impact out of stock for awhile), Tekin 1900kv, 2 SMC 6500s, RX8g2, DE skid plates, and Pink/Red springs shipping today! Can't wait to build this beast. Anything else I should invest in now? Next up is a better servo, I have a cheap hitec right now. Is there any oils I should use instead of stock oils?
Aluminum servo horn
Old 08-19-2016, 05:18 AM
Suspended

Should I use stock oils? Going to use pink/red springs

This is the track I'll be at mostly...
https://youtu.be/jiQtYOqbIu8
https://youtu.be/mrGdkuOx-zA

And occasionally this one.
http://youtu.be/zLBpw1_qG7M

Last edited by deceit; 08-19-2016 at 05:32 PM.
Old 08-20-2016, 05:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

anyone using the hobbywing XR8? any fitment issues? pics?
Old 08-20-2016, 09:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by deceit
Should I use stock oils? Going to use pink/red springs

This is the track I'll be at mostly...
https://youtu.be/jiQtYOqbIu8
https://youtu.be/mrGdkuOx-zA

And occasionally this one.
http://youtu.be/zLBpw1_qG7M
everyone swears by PT racing oils and all their pros use that.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.