R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

    Hide Wikipost
Old 03-13-2017, 12:03 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Official Tekno RC EB48.3 Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: MattDub
Welcome to the EB48.3 Wiki


What option parts should I consider buying with a new kit?
None are required but we recommend the following:

Springs:
Low Grip Track:
TKR8772 Yellow Low Frequency Rear Springs and TKR8762 Grey Low Frequency Front Springs

Low to Medium Grip Track:
TKR8773 Orange Low Frequency Rear Springs and TKR8763 Black Low Frequency Front Springs

Medium to High Grip Track:
TKR8774 - Red Low Frequency Rear Springs and TKR8764 - Pink Low Frequency Front Springs

TKR5199B HRC Rear Hubs (L/R, CV or uni, EB/NB/ET/NT48/48.3) - Improves stability of the rear on mid to corner exit. Able to be on power earlier on corner exit.

TKR6146 - CNC Delrin Shock Cartridge Set

TiNi Shock Shafts
-TKR6017T (front)
-TKR6061T (rear)

This car is very durable. Here are the spare parts that I recommend you keep on hand:
TKR5020 Hinge Pins (inner, front/rear)
TKR6061T Rear Shock Shafts w/ TiNi Coating and TKR6017T Front Shock Shafts w/ TiNi Coating
TKR5286 Front Suspension Arms and TKR5184 Rear Suspension Arms
TKR5194 Spindle Carriers
TKR6009 Shock O-Ring and Bladder Set (for 2 shocks)

Tips and Tricks

List of Vehicle Setup Adjustments and Build Tips can be found here. There are several videos and articles detailing the building of shocks, diffs, camber links, etc.

Page 3 Step K-3
Put the screw in upside down so that the head of the screw is in the hex spot that's molded into the spindle. This will aid in clearance in full droop / full steering.

Page 12 Step I-2
Use no less than 4 shims on the steering spindle to limit steering throw. I actually just use one 2mm ball stud washer from my 10th scale stuff since each shim is .5mm.

Setup Sheets:
Setup sheets for all Tekno RC vehicles can be found here.

Warranty Policy:
Tekno RC is the only company in the industry that will give 50% off of parts if returned to them using the General Warranty return policy found on their website. The parts can be lightly used or completely abused, as long as the part is still being produced it's covered!

Piston Drills:
Some of our setups recommend using pistons that are enlarged. For instance 4x1.9 or 3x2.0. To drill the pistons we recommend the following:
GMK Supply Piston Drill Set
16PC Metric Bit Set Metric Sizes 2.00 to 3.00 MM.

Print Wikipost

Like Tree10Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-17-2016, 06:11 PM   #2086
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 354
Default

Anyone else having issues with the rear bottoming out? I feel like no matter how thick I go with the rear fluid it's still to soft. Currently at 50wt associated lol, can the Pistons wear out? It slaps really hard off jumps. Been an on going issue for me lately.
Dragonfueled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 07:14 PM   #2087
Tech Elite
 
8ight-e's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 4,164
Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonfueled View Post
Anyone else having issues with the rear bottoming out? I feel like no matter how thick I go with the rear fluid it's still to soft. Currently at 50wt associated lol, can the Pistons wear out? It slaps really hard off jumps. Been an on going issue for me lately.
40-47.5 losi oil is normal for me.. higher side w/ the extreme temps lately. Also are you setting the rebound correctly, STD setup w/ bladders I assume? Makes a big difference if not setup well. Can try to change the shock position higher on the tower if it's the track or conditions related.
__________________
Tekno ET48, EB48.2
Durango Fleet - Dex410 v3, Dex210, Desc410, Desc210
8ight-e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 07:28 PM   #2088
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 354
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8ight-e View Post
40-47.5 losi oil is normal for me.. higher side w/ the extreme temps lately. Also are you setting the rebound correctly, STD setup w/ bladders I assume? Makes a big difference if not setup well. Can try to change the shock position higher on the tower if it's the track or conditions related.
Yea standard setup. I'm almost reAdy to convert it to a 48.2, I don't remember having pushing issues and bottoming out with the .2 lol
Dragonfueled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 05:45 AM   #2089
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Maine
Posts: 993
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonfueled View Post
Yea standard setup. I'm almost reAdy to convert it to a 48.2, I don't remember having pushing issues and bottoming out with the .2 lol
I'm shocked your having bottoming out issues. The .3 is SO much better than my .2, I would never go back.

Post up your setup, and we'll try to get you right.
__________________
The off-road Tekno 3some-> EB48.4 - ET48.3 - SCT410.3 ---Soon eb410
The oval 3some -> Tekno SCT410.3 - Tekno SCT210.3 - Blitz

Sponsors: Fiercercsolutions.com, AKA, jtbearingco.com, CowRC, Walden Designs, Leadfinger Racing, And BoomRC.net
ezlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 06:34 AM   #2090
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,298
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

new shock parts? leaking any fluids? emulsion or bladders? which pistons? Taper up or down?
__________________
Tekno|JConcepts|ProTek|Amain|VRP|BOOMrc
Bob Barry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 06:46 AM   #2091
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,013
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonfueled View Post
Anyone else having issues with the rear bottoming out? I feel like no matter how thick I go with the rear fluid it's still to soft. Currently at 50wt associated lol, can the Pistons wear out? It slaps really hard off jumps. Been an on going issue for me lately.
Is it bottoming on the take off face of the jumps, or landing? Mine will bottom if I miss the downside on a big jump, but it never bottoms up the takeoff. Unless of course the jump is built way too steep, or has big blown out holes in the face.
MX304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 07:38 AM   #2092
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 354
Default

After looking at it again last night I'm gonna replace the Pistons with new ones. The edges are scuffed up looking and I'm thinking the oil may be seeping around the outside on hard landings.
I should say i don't remember having this issue when I started running it when they first came out. This car has ALLOT of run time on it but is well maintained. I've never worn out Pistons but I will know soon enough. Was just wondering if anyone else had seen this. I believe I started with associated 30 weight and it was good. Now at 50 weight it's still not damped enough so obviously something changed.

And it's slapping on landings. It's just blowing through the dampening. just trying to pin point it
Dragonfueled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 09:02 AM   #2093
Tech Fanatic
 
rregl0612's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: harrisburg, Pa
Posts: 991
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonfueled View Post
After looking at it again last night I'm gonna replace the Pistons with new ones. The edges are scuffed up looking and I'm thinking the oil may be seeping around the outside on hard landings.
I should say i don't remember having this issue when I started running it when they first came out. This car has ALLOT of run time on it but is well maintained. I've never worn out Pistons but I will know soon enough. Was just wondering if anyone else had seen this. I believe I started with associated 30 weight and it was good. Now at 50 weight it's still not damped enough so obviously something changed.

And it's slapping on landings. It's just blowing through the dampening. just trying to pin point it
Make sure you replace your seals and bushings at the bottom, if your pistons worn that means they are letting it get side load rubbing during tansitions..
rregl0612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 12:30 PM   #2094
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,298
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

if the shock bodies are really old, they could be worn inside. That's not common, but something to consider
__________________
Tekno|JConcepts|ProTek|Amain|VRP|BOOMrc
Bob Barry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 02:41 PM   #2095
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 354
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Barry View Post
if the shock bodies are really old, they could be worn inside. That's not common, but something to consider
I was thinking about that but wouldn't you see the anodizing all scratched up? They look perfect inside. Gotta be the Pistons........ I hope
Dragonfueled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 03:09 PM   #2096
Suspended
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Daytona, FL
Posts: 272
Default

EB48.3, AKA Enduro's (Impact out of stock for awhile), Tekin 1900kv, 2 SMC 6500s, RX8g2, DE skid plates, and Pink/Red springs shipping today! Can't wait to build this beast. Anything else I should invest in now? Next up is a better servo, I have a cheap hitec right now. Is there any oils I should use instead of stock oils?
__________________
-Tekno SCT/EB-
deceit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 04:28 AM   #2097
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 180
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deceit View Post
EB48.3, AKA Enduro's (Impact out of stock for awhile), Tekin 1900kv, 2 SMC 6500s, RX8g2, DE skid plates, and Pink/Red springs shipping today! Can't wait to build this beast. Anything else I should invest in now? Next up is a better servo, I have a cheap hitec right now. Is there any oils I should use instead of stock oils?
Aluminum servo horn
anr211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 05:18 AM   #2098
Suspended
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Daytona, FL
Posts: 272
Default

Should I use stock oils? Going to use pink/red springs

This is the track I'll be at mostly...
https://youtu.be/jiQtYOqbIu8
https://youtu.be/mrGdkuOx-zA

And occasionally this one.
http://youtu.be/zLBpw1_qG7M
__________________
-Tekno SCT/EB-

Last edited by deceit; 08-19-2016 at 05:32 PM.
deceit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 05:42 PM   #2099
Tech Elite
 
RC*PHREAK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 4,494
Trader Rating: 119 (100%+)
Default

anyone using the hobbywing XR8? any fitment issues? pics?
RC*PHREAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 09:32 PM   #2100
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 254
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deceit View Post
Should I use stock oils? Going to use pink/red springs

This is the track I'll be at mostly...
https://youtu.be/jiQtYOqbIu8
https://youtu.be/mrGdkuOx-zA

And occasionally this one.
http://youtu.be/zLBpw1_qG7M
everyone swears by PT racing oils and all their pros use that.
caffeine357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:04 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net