Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree22Likes

Tekno RC EB48.3 Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-13-2017, 12:03 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Tekno RC EB48.3 Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: MattDub
Welcome to the EB48.3 Wiki

What option parts should I consider buying with a new kit?
None are required but we recommend the following:

Springs:
Low Grip Track:
TKR8772 – Yellow Low Frequency Rear Springs and TKR8762 – Grey Low Frequency Front Springs

Low to Medium Grip Track:
TKR8773 – Orange Low Frequency Rear Springs and TKR8763 – Black Low Frequency Front Springs

Medium to High Grip Track:
TKR8774 - Red Low Frequency Rear Springs and TKR8764 - Pink Low Frequency Front Springs

TKR5199B – HRC Rear Hubs (L/R, CV or uni, EB/NB/ET/NT48/48.3) - Improves stability of the rear on mid to corner exit. Able to be on power earlier on corner exit.

TKR6146 - CNC Delrin Shock Cartridge Set

TiNi Shock Shafts
-TKR6017T (front)
-TKR6061T (rear)

This car is very durable. Here are the spare parts that I recommend you keep on hand:
TKR5020 – Hinge Pins (inner, front/rear)
TKR6061T – Rear Shock Shafts w/ TiNi Coating and TKR6017T – Front Shock Shafts w/ TiNi Coating
TKR5286 – Front Suspension Arms and TKR5184 – Rear Suspension Arms
TKR5194 – Spindle Carriers
TKR6009 – Shock O-Ring and Bladder Set (for 2 shocks)

Tips and Tricks

List of Vehicle Setup Adjustments and Build Tips can be found here. There are several videos and articles detailing the building of shocks, diffs, camber links, etc.

Page 3 Step K-3
Put the screw in upside down so that the head of the screw is in the hex spot that's molded into the spindle. This will aid in clearance in full droop / full steering.

Page 12 Step I-2
Use no less than 4 shims on the steering spindle to limit steering throw. I actually just use one 2mm ball stud washer from my 10th scale stuff since each shim is .5mm.

Setup Sheets:
Setup sheets for all Tekno RC vehicles can be found here.

Warranty Policy:
Tekno RC is the only company in the industry that will give 50% off of parts if returned to them using the General Warranty return policy found on their website. The parts can be lightly used or completely abused, as long as the part is still being produced it's covered!

Piston Drills:
Some of our setups recommend using pistons that are enlarged. For instance 4x1.9 or 3x2.0. To drill the pistons we recommend the following:
GMK Supply Piston Drill Set
16PC Metric Bit Set Metric Sizes 2.00 to 3.00 MM.

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2016, 09:00 PM
Tech Rookie

I have just finished the build on my EB48.3 and i have to say the detail that Tekno puts into their kits is really great. The durability and quality of the parts in hand was great. The only issue i had was they shorted me an o ring, and 2 screws.

The rear suspension feels great in all aspects I used losi oil.

Can anyone offer advice on how make the front end not so springy. Also the preload collars are very low on the shock body, is anyone using a longer spring to change this? Or is it a piston choice issue?
Old 07-27-2016, 10:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jzenka
I have just finished the build on my EB48.3 and i have to say the detail that Tekno puts into their kits is really great. The durability and quality of the parts in hand was great. The only issue i had was they shorted me an o ring, and 2 screws.

Can anyone offer advice on how make the front end not so springy. Also the preload collars are very low on the shock body, is anyone using a longer spring to change this? Or is it a piston choice issue?
My nuts are on the bottom threads with the stock black springs on both my eb and nb in order for me to get 27mm front ride height.
Old 07-28-2016, 03:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

A lot of people run Joe Bornhorst's setup which calls for pink front and red rear springs. The pink springs are longer than the stock black springs.
Old 07-28-2016, 10:41 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NoobRacer
My nuts are on the bottom threads with the stock black springs on both my eb and nb in order for me to get 27mm front ride height.
My nuts dropped to the bottom as well after going from the pinks to the stock springs up front..
Old 07-29-2016, 07:54 PM
Tech Adept

Default Rim rub

On my buggy, the AKA rims I have rub the front spindles and rear hubs. I noticed the hub mount is deeper on them then other rims. Anyone else have the same problem?
Old 07-29-2016, 10:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by proliteandsc
On my buggy, the AKA rims I have rub the front spindles and rear hubs. I noticed the hub mount is deeper on them then other rims. Anyone else have the same problem?
same with mine and I am running proline velocity. I am gonna try some sweep rims and tires on sunday so will see if those rub.
Old 07-29-2016, 11:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Ok guys just wanna ask a ??? what is the highs diff oil have you uesd in the front and centre diff to settle down the rear end make more grip
Old 07-30-2016, 07:00 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bob Barry
That looks strangely familiar
Couldn't have been completed with out your help!! Again thank you.

Taking the buggy out to Channel Island Rc tomorrow to their 8th scale track to see how it'll do. Besides that, here's a video from last night at a friends house

https://youtu.be/hio9B3Z6d50

Track:

https://youtu.be/pA3wnvYjGUg
Old 07-30-2016, 08:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by coombes
Ok guys just wanna ask a ??? what is the highs diff oil have you uesd in the front and centre diff to settle down the rear end make more grip
Raising the center will make the rear end break free sooner on power. Raising the front will help the car pull from the front, which can help make it seem like the car has more rear grip on power.
Old 07-30-2016, 09:26 AM
Tech Champion

put a rim on and take a pic showing the rub so I can see exactly what you are referring to.

I didn't have rub on my car with my JC Rims and my friends run AKA, Proline, and DE rims, all with no issues, so I really need to see a pic before I can help.
Old 07-30-2016, 06:50 PM
Tech Rookie

Hey guys i took my .3 out for her first run and my impressions are this thing is a beast. I am running box stock settings 40/45 oil 5-5-5 diff 120/136 droop you know the rest, on a hard, abrasive, med traction track. My car is pushing on power in the corners. What can i do to help this settings wise or should i try a diff setup.
Old 08-01-2016, 07:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey guys i took my .3 out for her first run and my impressions are this thing is a beast. I am running box stock settings 40/45 oil 5-5-5 diff 120/136 droop you know the rest, on a hard, abrasive, med traction track. My car is pushing on power in the corners. What can i do to help this settings wise or should i try a diff setup.
Diff wise, I probably would go with 7/7/5 or 10/10/7. I run Joe Bornhorst's AMS7 setup and my car turns pretty good on-power.
Old 08-01-2016, 09:43 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Bob Barry
put a rim on and take a pic showing the rub so I can see exactly what you are referring to.

I didn't have rub on my car with my JC Rims and my friends run AKA, Proline, and DE rims, all with no issues, so I really need to see a pic before I can help.
I can't put pictures on yet.
The hex part of the AKA rim that mounts over the hub is deeper then other rims. Causing the rim to rub the hub carrier and spindle carrier. Didn't have this problem with other brands. The part that mounts on the hub is not as deep.
Old 08-01-2016, 10:59 AM
Tech Master

I can't put pictures on yet.
The hex part of the AKA rim that mounts over the hub is deeper then other rims. Causing the rim to rub the hub carrier and spindle carrier. Didn't have this problem with other brands. The part that mounts on the hub is not as deep.
That's interesting, I'll have to look, but I haven't noticed this at all. You could try running the +1 or +2 hubs to give more clearance.
Old 08-03-2016, 08:30 AM
Tech Champion

Lutz runs AKA on it with no issues. My buddies run it as well. I use JC Rims so I can't confirm.

That's why I want to see a pic to see if I can spot something that looks out of the ordinary

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.