Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree22Likes

Tekno RC EB48.3 Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-13-2017, 12:03 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Tekno RC EB48.3 Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: MattDub
Welcome to the EB48.3 Wiki

What option parts should I consider buying with a new kit?
None are required but we recommend the following:

Springs:
Low Grip Track:
TKR8772 – Yellow Low Frequency Rear Springs and TKR8762 – Grey Low Frequency Front Springs

Low to Medium Grip Track:
TKR8773 – Orange Low Frequency Rear Springs and TKR8763 – Black Low Frequency Front Springs

Medium to High Grip Track:
TKR8774 - Red Low Frequency Rear Springs and TKR8764 - Pink Low Frequency Front Springs

TKR5199B – HRC Rear Hubs (L/R, CV or uni, EB/NB/ET/NT48/48.3) - Improves stability of the rear on mid to corner exit. Able to be on power earlier on corner exit.

TKR6146 - CNC Delrin Shock Cartridge Set

TiNi Shock Shafts
-TKR6017T (front)
-TKR6061T (rear)

This car is very durable. Here are the spare parts that I recommend you keep on hand:
TKR5020 – Hinge Pins (inner, front/rear)
TKR6061T – Rear Shock Shafts w/ TiNi Coating and TKR6017T – Front Shock Shafts w/ TiNi Coating
TKR5286 – Front Suspension Arms and TKR5184 – Rear Suspension Arms
TKR5194 – Spindle Carriers
TKR6009 – Shock O-Ring and Bladder Set (for 2 shocks)

Tips and Tricks

List of Vehicle Setup Adjustments and Build Tips can be found here. There are several videos and articles detailing the building of shocks, diffs, camber links, etc.

Page 3 Step K-3
Put the screw in upside down so that the head of the screw is in the hex spot that's molded into the spindle. This will aid in clearance in full droop / full steering.

Page 12 Step I-2
Use no less than 4 shims on the steering spindle to limit steering throw. I actually just use one 2mm ball stud washer from my 10th scale stuff since each shim is .5mm.

Setup Sheets:
Setup sheets for all Tekno RC vehicles can be found here.

Warranty Policy:
Tekno RC is the only company in the industry that will give 50% off of parts if returned to them using the General Warranty return policy found on their website. The parts can be lightly used or completely abused, as long as the part is still being produced it's covered!

Piston Drills:
Some of our setups recommend using pistons that are enlarged. For instance 4x1.9 or 3x2.0. To drill the pistons we recommend the following:
GMK Supply Piston Drill Set
16PC Metric Bit Set Metric Sizes 2.00 to 3.00 MM.

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2016, 11:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Numburn
Are you sure of that? Kit instructions are taper up and I haven't heard of many people running the other way.
Interesting. I've always run mine flat up/taper down. Seems like most I know run taper down. I'll have to try taper up and see how it feels.
Old 06-16-2016, 11:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Lol too funny Bob..
Old 06-16-2016, 12:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by qstorm777
Interesting. I've always run mine flat up/taper down. Seems like most I know run taper down. I'll have to try taper up and see how it feels.
Exactly what I was thinking!
Old 06-16-2016, 08:07 PM
Tech Initiate

so im to the point of shock building tommorow once my delrin parts and springs show up... should i build the shocks conventional or emulsion?also i used mugen diff oil because its what i had.i went 775..is that gonna be to thick?after reading thru this thread i thought maybe it would be a ok start point for a bumpy med grip track?i have ae shock oils,any thoughts on where i would start with that?i think 30-35 is close to the cst numbers listed?i got the pink,red springs as recommended and think ill put joes us open set up maybe?
Old 06-17-2016, 05:57 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hanker39
so im to the point of shock building tommorow once my delrin parts and springs show up... should i build the shocks conventional or emulsion?also i used mugen diff oil because its what i had.i went 775..is that gonna be to thick?after reading thru this thread i thought maybe it would be a ok start point for a bumpy med grip track?i have ae shock oils,any thoughts on where i would start with that?i think 30-35 is close to the cst numbers listed?i got the pink,red springs as recommended and think ill put joes us open set up maybe?
I would start there with the oils but don't be surprised if you have to go down to 27.5 and 32.5.

Not sure how the Mugen oils compare to TLR / AE, but PT oils are thinner than AE / TLR. Try your setup of 7-7-5 and if your car doesn't feel right then go down to 5-5-3
Old 06-19-2016, 02:31 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Finally finished her up. Parts quality is right up there with xray. Ran into a few hiccups but other than that kit went together very well. Suspension is so plush. With a tekin t8i, Skyrc Toro150 and smc 4500 4s pack my buggy weighs in at about 3311g. Won't be able to run her yet as I'm feeling under the weather but here are a couple pics.
Attached Thumbnails Tekno RC EB48.3 Thread-tekno1.jpg   Tekno RC EB48.3 Thread-tekno2.jpg   Tekno RC EB48.3 Thread-tekno3.jpg   Tekno RC EB48.3 Thread-tekno4.jpg   Tekno RC EB48.3 Thread-tekno5.jpg  

Old 06-19-2016, 02:47 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I just purchased an EB48.3... it will be here tomorrow.

The first track I'll be running on is a very dry/dusty medium/large track. Its only about a 20 minute drive for me, so It'll be my testing ground and where I do all my practicing (its open to the public 24/7). The other two tracks I'll eventually run on are similar (outdoor, abrasive, medium to large).

Im going to run the Hobbywing XR8 Plus (I run HW in all the rest of my RC's with great luck), along with the SMC 1900kv (I'll be ordering it later this evening... also considered the 2100kv motor) (I'll eventually buy a Hobbywing once its released). Im going to start with a 16t pinion.

Battery wise, im leaning toward the Pro-Match 8000 pack. Has anyone ran into size issues with it (being too tall, etc... its 47mm and most packs are 45mm or less)?

What springs/diff fluids/shock oils would be a good starting point? It seems the "Factory" build specs are biased toward the type of tracks I'll be running at?

Tire wise, the people who run the local track recommended ProLine Fugitives and Suppressors in M4 compound. I also picked up a set of AKA Gridirons in Medium compound as a "practice" tire (they are on clearance for $12/set premounted)

Along with the kit itself, I ordered the Tekno servo horn, the DE rear skid plates (pack of 3), some green slime for the shocks, and a big bottle of duratrax threadlocker. Also considering the Delrin shock cartridges.

Thanks in advance for the advice.

Last edited by z28mccrory; 06-19-2016 at 03:40 PM.
Old 06-19-2016, 04:28 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by qstorm777
I always ran taper down as well. I was surprised Tekno recommend taper up in the manual. I tried it - Didn't like taper up, especially in the rear. However, now I run taper up in the front with 3 hole Pistons, taper down in the rear with 4 hole. Then I use a more conventional oil set up (higher front than rear).

I know it sounds like a jacked up set up, but it works extremely well for me.
Old 06-19-2016, 05:31 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Built my buggy this weekend, Smooth build prosses as was my super light. This my first actual buggy full weight and such, I'm feeling ill need to do stiffer spring my track is medium rough dusty first half holds water last half. Also concerned about gearing rocking a 2250kv tekin it's from a Truggy I had with a few runs on it. Guess we'll e how it goes,any tips on tuning I'd appreciate I built it to the book besides shock oil 47.5 in the rear.[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 06-19-2016, 05:53 PM
Tech Initiate

so i ran my buggy today and am pretty pleased with it.there was one area on the track that cost me the win though,it was a whoop section about 30 yds long.if i managed to come into it "right" i could muttle my way through it.otherwise it was bucking like bronco!the other thing is,it a bit of on power push through certain corners.i put joes summer nat setup on there ,with exception to the pills for the "c" block,which i didnt have.so im thinking the "c" block is anti squat,and by not having it go negative,it was almost to much forward bite in ares?
Old 06-19-2016, 06:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by z28mccrory
I just purchased an EB48.3... it will be here tomorrow.

The first track I'll be running on is a very dry/dusty medium/large track. Its only about a 20 minute drive for me, so It'll be my testing ground and where I do all my practicing (its open to the public 24/7). The other two tracks I'll eventually run on are similar (outdoor, abrasive, medium to large).

Im going to run the Hobbywing XR8 Plus (I run HW in all the rest of my RC's with great luck), along with the SMC 1900kv (I'll be ordering it later this evening... also considered the 2100kv motor) (I'll eventually buy a Hobbywing once its released). Im going to start with a 16t pinion.

Battery wise, im leaning toward the Pro-Match 8000 pack. Has anyone ran into size issues with it (being too tall, etc... its 47mm and most packs are 45mm or less)?

What springs/diff fluids/shock oils would be a good starting point? It seems the "Factory" build specs are biased toward the type of tracks I'll be running at?

Tire wise, the people who run the local track recommended ProLine Fugitives and Suppressors in M4 compound. I also picked up a set of AKA Gridirons in Medium compound as a "practice" tire (they are on clearance for $12/set premounted)

Along with the kit itself, I ordered the Tekno servo horn, the DE rear skid plates (pack of 3), some green slime for the shocks, and a big bottle of duratrax threadlocker. Also considering the Delrin shock cartridges.

Thanks in advance for the advice.
I'm also running the HW XR8 Plus and SMC 1900. Go with a 19 tooth and zero timing.
Old 06-19-2016, 07:29 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

anyone hear any rumors on when the next EB48 (EB48.4) may be released? It seems like we've been getting a new "dot" release about once a year, and since it's been about a year was wondering if we had another one right around the corner...
Old 06-19-2016, 08:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sonk_76
anyone hear any rumors on when the next EB48 (EB48.4) may be released? It seems like we've been getting a new "dot" release about once a year, and since it's been about a year was wondering if we had another one right around the corner...
They did the .2 to bundle all of the upgrade parts that people used on the original. They did the .3 to change up the suspension geometry (and kept all the upgrade parts in the kit). I don't know of any plans for a new kit, nor have seen anything other than universals and longer springs and cut arms being tested in various places...none of which would require a . revision, and the universals would definitely stay as an option since most will be happier with the CVDs in most conditions.

AKA, I don't expect a .4 soon, and even if one came out, it would only be a couple parts different. Buy in and have fun!
Old 06-19-2016, 11:46 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by littleZEN
Finally finished her up. Parts quality is right up there with xray. Ran into a few hiccups but other than that kit went together very well. Suspension is so plush. With a tekin t8i, Skyrc Toro150 and smc 4500 4s pack my buggy weighs in at about 3311g. Won't be able to run her yet as I'm feeling under the weather but here are a couple pics.
nice paint sheme ! good to see some eb48 pictures !
Old 06-21-2016, 01:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I just built my eb48.3 and my front steering is binding or rubbing when there is no load on the tires. I am putting the buggy on the stand with the servo disconnected and i have these symptoms. If i drop the buggy on the table to ride height it turns left and right freely. Any thoughts? I took a video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfXPQNkaFzY

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.