Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree84Likes

Team Associated SC5M Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-02-2017, 11:22 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated SC5M Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Wildcat1971
Team Associated SC5M Wiki Content.

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2016, 01:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scooter79rs
Not sure how a 3-gear will go with a 10.5.
3-gear will go just fine with a 10.5, or any other motor for that matter.
Old 04-11-2016, 05:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by celt
3-gear will go just fine with a 10.5, or any other motor for that matter.
3 gear is my preference on short/medium indoor track
Old 04-12-2016, 04:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dmitri Tech
3 gear is my preference on short/medium indoor track
I run on large outdoor clay, I think the fastest time with 2WD SCT is like 28.6seconds or something like that. My PB is 29.4 seconds. I average 30-31 second laps with 10 laps per race.
Old 04-14-2016, 04:04 AM
Tech Adept

All you guys already owning a SC5m should feel very lucky. Since I didn't get my SC5m I ordered in December until now I mailed Asso US if they could name me a reason it's not available actually. Got a dissatisfying answer

Sorry the sales for the SC5m were greater than our initial order, we are behind and trying to catch up, if all goes well they will be here around the end of May beginning of June.
So with a delivery time of about 3 weeks to our distributor in Germany I'm lucky if I get mine in July A little bit dissappointing...
Hope they plan better with the new wheeler if there's one coming.

Guess I can now do some additional collection of information in the meantime.
Reading here helps a lot, but I have a question:

Originally Posted by 1stPlaceAllDay
I cant leave well enough alone so i installed the SC10 front and back bumpers made by RPM on my SC5M
I don't like the RPM ones but if they fit I guess the original one from the SC10 will also?
I also dig mud flaps and want them on my SC5m.
Old 04-14-2016, 05:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hasi
All you guys already owning a SC5m should feel very lucky. Since I didn't get my SC5m I ordered in December until now I mailed Asso US if they could name me a reason it's not available actually. Got a dissatisfying answer
I just walked into my local hobbyshop and just bought it on the spot. All I wanted was a AE SCT

I haven't even cleaned mine in about 3 weeks.
Old 04-14-2016, 07:23 AM
JAE
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default Stock gearing

Been running a mod motor this whole time and just picked up a trinity d3.5. What gearing range is everyone using in stock for medium sized tracks? Thx
Old 04-15-2016, 12:07 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Scooter79rs
I just walked into my local hobbyshop and just bought it on the spot. All I wanted was a AE SCT
Wish I could do that too but there's no SC5m available here in Germany. Importing from other countries would make it more expensive... so I guess I have to wait.
Old 04-15-2016, 05:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

So with a delivery time of about 3 weeks to our distributor in Germany I'm lucky if I get mine in July A little bit dissappointing...

I don't like the RPM ones but if they fit I guess the original one from the SC10 will also?
Wish I could do that too but there's no SC5m available here in Germany. Importing from other countries would make it more expensive... so I guess I have to wait.
Ebay may have been a better option to use. I'm sure kits and parts availability will come soon.
Old 04-15-2016, 10:43 AM
Tech Adept

X-Factory Carbon Fiber Chassis using stock cradle, drilling 6 holes copied from the stock aluminum chassis i was able to use this X-Factory chassis without using the supplied "side decks" i think its a cleaner look, and its definitely lighter..there is minimal torsional flex with this setup which i think is beneficial ..

what do you think?

Old 04-15-2016, 11:34 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 144 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JAE
Been running a mod motor this whole time and just picked up a trinity d3.5. What gearing range is everyone using in stock for medium sized tracks? Thx
im running stock spur and a 22 tooth pinion gear on a high bite clay medium size track.
Old 04-15-2016, 05:24 PM
Tech Adept

Yes the original rear bumper fits the sc5m, i also tried that on before getting the RPM one yes the original sc10 bumper should fit the sc5m..
Old 04-15-2016, 09:52 PM
Tech Adept

i want some proline split-six beadlock rims for my sc5m but im totallt confused what model number to get i think from what i read the sc10 ones but can someone confirm which ones? i know they also make aluminum beadlocks rings..i plan on ruinning bandito street tires for bashing around up and down the street. i plan on glueing the tires down if necessary

need imput
Old 04-16-2016, 10:47 AM
Tech Regular

X-Factory Carbon Fiber Chassis using stock cradle, drilling 6 holes copied from the stock aluminum chassis i was able to use this X-Factory chassis without using the supplied "side decks" i think its a cleaner look, and its definitely lighter..there is minimal torsional flex with this setup which i think is beneficial ..

what do you think?
I had the XFactory chassis in my T5M, so I'm not sure if my experience will carry over to the SC5M. I found the XF chassis removed too much weight from the rear end that I had to add a lot weight to keep to it planted. I've since put the stock chassis back on.
Old 04-16-2016, 01:29 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Jpdanger
I had the XFactory chassis in my T5M, so I'm not sure if my experience will carry over to the SC5M. I found the XF chassis removed too much weight from the rear end that I had to add a lot weight to keep to it planted. I've since put the stock chassis back on.
Ive noted id did indead remove a ton of weight from the car..in fact the ride height bounced up 1/4".. ive added the heaver rpm front and rear bumpers so maybe im back to square one..
Old 04-17-2016, 05:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

what do you think?

How much flex to the chassis did putting the stock side rails on

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.