Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree84Likes

Team Associated SC5M Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-02-2017, 11:22 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated SC5M Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Wildcat1971
Team Associated SC5M Wiki Content.

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2015, 02:59 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I am sure it has been covered on here but can someone post a Jconcepts part number of the correct wheel for this truck? I unexpectedly have one of these trucks coming my way today or tomorrow. Also do people plan on running the stock body or switching to a flow type body? My track is low grip so I will start with the stock body.
Old 08-04-2015, 04:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default I don't have a kit yet but...

I would guess it's under weight out of the box?

2098grams

Curious to see some stock, out of the box weights
Old 08-04-2015, 05:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cwalsh
I am sure it has been covered on here but can someone post a Jconcepts part number of the correct wheel for this truck? I unexpectedly have one of these trucks coming my way today or tomorrow. Also do people plan on running the stock body or switching to a flow type body? My track is low grip so I will start with the stock body.
Kit Proline body works well with all the cutouts. They also make a nice F-11 wheel that's avail in reg or +3 offset to match...America .

http://prolineracing.com/short-cours...t-truck-wheels
Old 08-04-2015, 08:18 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Anyone Plan on using the EVO SC body?
Old 08-04-2015, 08:22 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 170 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Socket
your track is enforcing that rule...

Are they, "fing stupid" then?
ROAR is enforcing that rule. SRS has nothing to do with it. It is a ROAR rule and it is AE's fault that the truck is not legal for the 17.5 class. It's not like this just appeared somewhere....its been in the book for years.
Old 08-04-2015, 08:55 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

This seems like the slowest it has ever taken AE to put up a manual online. I was just curious and wanted to preview the build and check a few things out...but no online manual
Old 08-04-2015, 09:47 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Do any of you guys that got the kits have the part numbers for the new springs?
Old 08-04-2015, 09:52 AM
mes
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by cwalsh
+3mm Hazards are #3344W/B/Y, 0mm offset are #3352W/B/Y. If you want to bring the truck to maximum ROAR width, take the +3mm wheels, if you prefer a narrower car, take the 0mm offset wheels. If you are running on really low grip, you may want to try wide wheels in the front and narrow ones in the rear.
Old 08-04-2015, 11:06 AM
Tech Prophet

Ok, SC Gurus. The truck will be here tomorrow. I plan to paint the body this week. Nothing fancy, but I would still like the paint to last longer than 2-3 weekends. The last time I had an SC, the wheels rubbed the wheel wells on compression. And quickly rubbed away the paint. I am looking to try and keep the paint looking decent as long as possible. A buddy of mine uses plastic dip spray on the inside and that does seem to keep the bodies from cracking as much. But is also heavier. And I am not sure I want the tires compressing and binding up on a rubber under coat. The simplest thing, is to put stickers over the rub spots, so you cant see them , lol.

Also, any tricks to make the body last longer without using 10lbs of drywall tape and shoe goo? I was thinking about not cutting out vents as a way to make the body more durable. And cut away the rear sections above the bumper to lower the chance of the bumper cracking the body.
Old 08-04-2015, 11:11 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 170 (100%+)

I always took a dremel to the cutouts to make sure to remove any sharp edges. Rounded corners are less likely to split. Also once its mounted try and flex the bumpers/body and see if anything rubs/hits and remove material from the body until it doesn't.
Old 08-04-2015, 11:13 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
Ok, SC Gurus. The truck will be here tomorrow. I plan to paint the body this week. Nothing fancy, but I would still like the paint to last longer than 2-3 weekends. The last time I had an SC, the wheels rubbed the wheel wells on compression. And quickly rubbed away the paint. I am looking to try and keep the paint looking decent as long as possible. A buddy of mine uses plastic dip spray on the inside and that does seem to keep the bodies from cracking as much. But is also heavier. And I am not sure I want the tires compressing and binding up on a rubber under coat. The simplest thing, is to put stickers over the rub spots, so you cant see them , lol.

Also, any tricks to make the body last longer without using 10lbs of drywall tape and shoe goo? I was thinking about not cutting out vents as a way to make the body more durable. And cut away the rear sections above the bumper to lower the chance of the bumper cracking the body.
Back when i had my first SC (Losi 22 SCT) i tried the whole drywall tape and shoegoo thing but the thing just felt so heavy and slow.

I have had good luck repairing/reinforcing bodies with simple black gorilla tape, Gorilla glue's version of duct tape. I use it on the underside of my T5m body under the mounting holes. The adhesive is super strong and the top surface is slippery...I plan on using that on the wheel arches
Old 08-04-2015, 11:13 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Matt Trimmings
I always took a dremel to the cutouts to make sure to remove any sharp edges. Rounded corners are less likely to split. Also once its mounted try and flex the bumpers/body and see if anything rubs/hits and remove material from the body until it doesn't.
Yeah, I use a dremel on my wings the same way. In the past for SC, I used a body reamer on the corners of the cutouts and then played connect the dots with the sissors.
Old 08-04-2015, 11:15 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Dstreelm
Back when i had my first SC (Losi 22 SCT) i tried the whole drywall tape and shoegoo thing but the thing just felt so heavy and slow.

I have had good luck repairing/reinforcing bodies with simple black gorilla tape, Gorilla glue's version of duct tape. I use it on the underside of my T5m body under the mounting holes. The adhesive is super strong and the top surface is slippery...I plan on using that on the wheel arches
ok, I tried duct tape in the past, but not gorilla tape.

This the stuff?

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Gorilla-Ta...0-yds/23760411
Old 08-04-2015, 11:48 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
ok, I tried duct tape in the past, but not gorilla tape.

This the stuff?

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Gorilla-Ta...0-yds/23760411
Yup thats it, Ive used that stuff and the narrower tape which is easier to fit around certain curves
Old 08-04-2015, 12:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

It's just the nature of running ShortCourse...they eat bodies, I've not seen a reasonable way around it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.