R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-02-2017, 11:22 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Team Associated SC5M Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Wildcat1971
Team Associated SC5M Wiki Content.

Print Wikipost

Like Tree35Likes

Old 04-05-2016, 11:45 PM   #1471
Tech Regular

Setting up my vehicles for my first season at our new track (here). Since my SC5M has just his Kit setup, any suggestions for a setup? Couldnt find any that suits our track at petitrc...
man1ac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 11:56 PM   #1472
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slashman404 View Post
What is everyone or anyone out there running for a motor fan mount and fan? looking at getting the shapeways 3d printed waterfall brace fan mount and a WTF or Much more fan. Advice? Interested in the WTF fans. Are they able to plug into my receiver? Any issues out there? Thanks!!!!
get the rcspeedsecrets fan mount

http://rcspeedsecrets.com/rcss-alumi...-transmission/
Old 04-06-2016, 12:11 AM   #1473
JAE
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default Motor & gearing

Been running mod and looking at running stock. Regrettably, that is what everyone runs at my track. What's everyone running for 17.5? I've obly paid attention to buggy gearing and motors for stock. Any help on motor and gearing much appreciated. Thx
JAE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 12:28 AM   #1474
Tech Apprentice

I am looking for a second car. Allready own an B5m for racing and was looking for the SC5M for bashing. Is this car durable and bash proof? Would like to drive with this car on our local track but also in the woods (with mud and water!), no racing.

My first choice for a new bashing truck was the SC10B, but I think that the SC5M is more durable, because there are no parts sticking out of the body. Just because the body is so open on the underside, I think this truck would be a mud magnet.
Will probably run this with a 17.5t or 19t brushless setup (sensorless because of water rides) and I prefer longer runtimes over speed. If I would get at least 30min runtime on 1 lipo, I am happy.

Thanks
Old 04-06-2016, 12:39 AM   #1475
Tech Regular

You could use an old B5M Body (I trimmed a B44.3 Body) and suit it under the SC Body. That way you can use velcro and nearly every dirt is kept out!
Even if the chassis dont fit perfectly, wht most dirt cant get in.

Its a cheap solution for me

Last edited by man1ac; 04-06-2016 at 04:53 AM.
Old 04-06-2016, 09:15 AM   #1476
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAE View Post
Been running mod and looking at running stock. Regrettably, that is what everyone runs at my track. What's everyone running for 17.5? I've obly paid attention to buggy gearing and motors for stock. Any help on motor and gearing much appreciated. Thx
Im using an express motors beast motor based off the revtch on a packed dirt clay mix on slicks im at 81 27 and 130 to 140 range on temps with the fan on im at 100 all day long
Scionara05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 10:03 AM   #1477
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by man1ac View Post
You could use an old B5M Body (I trimmed a B44.3 Body) and suit it under the SC Body. That way you can use velcro and nearly every dirt is kept out!
Even if the chassis dont fit perfectly, wht most dirt cant get in.

Its a cheap solution for me
This is brilliant! I'll be trying this when I get home.

Any issues with heat?
sduffy77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 12:12 PM   #1478
Tech Regular

I've not jet tried in summer conditions. But I think you can compare it to a B5M or any other buggy which is "closed". So really cant tell. I think it could be slightly warmer than a buggy due to increased tire diameter and slightly more weight. So maybe try one tooth less on the pinion for starters?
Old 04-06-2016, 12:54 PM   #1479
Tech Rookie

Hi everybody,
Is there any protections put in the body to protect the electronics?
Trebig45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 11:12 PM   #1480
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trebig45 View Post
Hi everybody,
Is there any protections put in the body to protect the electronics?
Outerwears makes a cover that velcros on kind of like a buggy body but it is a fabric.
Old 04-07-2016, 11:44 PM   #1481
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 488 (100%+)

Quote:
If you do not need to be ROAR legal, the Hobbywing Bandit 17.5 is the fastest 17.5 you can get without spending $150 on a Trinity Big Blue which is also not legal. Its a total cheater motor and its not going to be legal for the JBRL or races where they have rules but I know that where you race its a great choice. Not only are they as fast as many 13.5s, they can be run at higher temps than a lot of other motors. I use them at my home track during the summer and fall because they are the only motor that I've used that can be run 180 degrees all summer long. Hobbywing rates then to 212 degrees [which I've never tested]. I know they are good to 190.
Old 04-07-2016, 11:56 PM   #1482
JAE
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Thanks! May have to pick one up soon. I'm wondering if I can throw in my Reedy Mach 3 17.5 in the meantime? How is your shipment of Fantom's treating you?
Old 04-08-2016, 12:32 AM   #1483
Tech Adept

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan_r View Post
Just figured I'd throw in my .50 opinion here after reading a bunch of these posts.

Guys.....Girls.....this truck is fast. Straight out of the box fast. No blue parts are needed for this truck to set new personal best lap times. I started with the kit set up- 100%. I then proceeded to best my best SC10 lap time by almost a second. Seriously. I noticed and felt that the inside front tire was compressing too much on high speed corner exits so I installed the Grey truck springs in the front. It didn't get faster but it was easier to drive. Some of these part lists are crazy. You don't need any of it to drive this thing to the front. For some of you guys that just bought it, put it together right, then try driving it. I was blown away by how good this thing is. Running multiple classes is easier too. Transitioning from my 5M to my T5 to this is seamless.

No harm no foul I was just getting the impression that some of you were thinking you needed those lists to be competitive with this truck. You don't. Spend your initial money on wheels and tires. Carry on. AR
Some of us just like messing with things so that our cars are unique
1stPlaceAllDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 08:02 AM   #1484
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 488 (100%+)
Default !

Quote:
Thanks! May have to pick one up soon. I'm wondering if I can throw in my Reedy Mach 3 17.5 in the meantime? How is your shipment of Fantom's treating you?
I don't know. They just got here yesterday!
Old 04-08-2016, 10:51 AM   #1485
Tech Adept

Default New C&D block tuning option

http://https://www.3dgydesigns.com/c...-1-2-antisquat
Sleeper13 is offline   Reply With Quote