R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

    Hide Wikipost
Old 04-02-2017, 11:22 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Team Associated SC5M Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: Wildcat1971
Team Associated SC5M Wiki Content.

Print Wikipost

Like Tree28Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-26-2015, 08:38 AM   #856
Tech Fanatic
 
shadowracer24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: lakeland fla.
Posts: 751
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rekim View Post
but what holds the whole steering block inserts into in place on the steering block other than pressure?


when i have my front wheel on, i can pull the whole setup off, bearings included with a bit of pressure. i dont think i did it right
You should have a plastic insert that goes on both sides of the steering block the bearing fits into. The Manuel shows use the one with the 4 and 2 marked on it. It's really small and hard to see but insert them with the 4 arrow pointing towards the front of the vehicle. Sounds to me like your not installing the inside peice.
shadowracer24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 11:27 AM   #857
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 402
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowracer24 View Post
You should have a plastic insert that goes on both sides of the steering block the bearing fits into. The Manuel shows use the one with the 4 and 2 marked on it. It's really small and hard to see but insert them with the 4 arrow pointing towards the front of the vehicle. Sounds to me like your not installing the inside peice.
i redid it and found what i did wrong. i had the plastic insert on backwards on one side, which is why it wasnt secure

thanks
rekim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 09:41 AM   #858
JAE
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 1,866
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

I have a new sc5m setup mod, but have been running a b5m for a few months(just got into hobby 6 months ago). This may be a loaded question but can anyone point out the major differences in driving style when switching from the buggy to sct? I've noticed much less on power steering but can use any pointers. Thx much in advance
__________________
JAE
JAE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 09:47 AM   #859
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Sutter, California
Posts: 1,185
Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAE View Post
I have a new sc5m setup mod, but have been running a b5m for a few months(just got into hobby 6 months ago). This may be a loaded question but can anyone point out the major differences in driving style when switching from the buggy to sct? I've noticed much less on power steering but can use any pointers. Thx much in advance
SCT's are more top heavy so you have to really slow before entering a turn then roll through as unopposed to buggy where you can brake more in the turn
dpcardoza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 09:49 AM   #860
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Sutter, California
Posts: 1,185
Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)
Default

Can anyone confirm that the turnbuckles on the sc5m are the same length as the t5m
dpcardoza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 10:09 AM   #861
JAE
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 1,866
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Pro from Ocrc built my sc5m for me. Added the concepts t5m titanium turnbuckles, per shop receipt. Any other pointers on b5m vs sc5m (jumping etc.) lap time are a couple seconds slower from the cornering. I know buggies and sct drive different but the sc5m being mid motor drives much different than the rm sct's I've driven. Trying to turn similar times
__________________
JAE
JAE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 11:38 AM   #862
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 65
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpcardoza View Post
Can anyone confirm that the turnbuckles on the sc5m are the same length as the t5m
Yes they are the same.
islandscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 05:40 AM   #863
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Northwest Ohio
Posts: 194
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Second race in the books with this truck finished fifth in the amain with some very competitive guys. Still learning just how much I can push it only issue is fighting the tendency to land nose down on kicker jumps.
Neverstop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 08:45 PM   #864
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Seattle WA.
Posts: 312
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverstop View Post
Second race in the books with this truck finished fifth in the amain with some very competitive guys. Still learning just how much I can push it only issue is fighting the tendency to land nose down on kicker jumps.
You can try stiffer rear springs & maybe 2.5 thicker rear oil. I'm presently running grey front & rear springs & may try some Kyosho springs for a little stiffer feel. I'm running on high bite clay though.
JASF4I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 04:19 AM   #865
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Northwest Ohio
Posts: 194
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Yeah need to try the ticker oil
Neverstop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 12:35 PM   #866
1M
Tech Addict
 
1M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NY
Posts: 652
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

Any one using a regular 2s lipo?
1M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 03:37 AM   #867
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 413
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

Has anyone cut the plastic under the battery holddown, just to move the esc back a little? Would this cause any unwanted flex and such?
mxturd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 11:26 PM   #868
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 28
Default

Hey everyone. Just got my sc5m built and set up for stock racing. Wanted to get everyone's opinion. I have a tekin gen 1 17.5 (for now) and I have 69/30 in it now. Seems to be a sweet spot for my track.what is everyone else using? Also I've read some setup sheets and they say a ride height of 23-25mm. Is that ryt? My shocks are threaded all the way up and fully ready to go mine sits at 35. I can't get it any lower. It has jconcepts wheels with primes. What's the deal? Thanks for any (positive) inputs. 😜
Polock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 11:29 PM   #869
Tech Elite
 
vr6cj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Modesto, CA
Posts: 4,052
Trader Rating: 124 (100%+)
Default

Thats gearing for buggy, sct are different. Higher spur and alot lower pinion
vr6cj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 01:33 AM   #870
Tech Regular
 
Gpeters66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Alton. IL
Posts: 352
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polock View Post
Hey everyone. Just got my sc5m built and set up for stock racing. Wanted to get everyone's opinion. I have a tekin gen 1 17.5 (for now) and I have 69/30 in it now. Seems to be a sweet spot for my track.what is everyone else using? Also I've read some setup sheets and they say a ride height of 23-25mm. Is that ryt? My shocks are threaded all the way up and fully ready to go mine sits at 35. I can't get it any lower. It has jconcepts wheels with primes. What's the deal? Thanks for any (positive) inputs. 😜
Those are new springs...after you run it and get them broke in you'll get your ride height
__________________
Grant Peters....wave when you pass me please
Mugen MBX7r Eco, Mugen MBX7T Eco, Associated RC10 B5M Factory Lite, Associated RC10SC5M
Gpeters66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:57 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net