R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-02-2017, 11:22 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Team Associated SC5M Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Wildcat1971
Team Associated SC5M Wiki Content.

Print Wikipost

Like Tree28Likes

Old 08-11-2015, 01:29 PM   #526
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3than0d311 View Post
It seemed to me at nats that a slick tire is what was the best "tread" to use but people still needed a little weight to get the tires to hook the way they needed.

I say this because after seeing the Cav was using a front wing on the b5m made me think that traction was a little tough and most of us know you can only add so much weight to the front before you start nose diving or chassis slapping the front. Seeing that he then addedbweight to the more rear section of the truck just kinda makes my hypothesis a little more plausible. I may be right but most likely not. As for me, when I run my sc5m on carpet this winter I don't think for me running extra weight will be necessary unless I absolutely need it.

(I know this was off the beaten path a little but it's been on my mind majority of the day.)
I believe the wing was for high speed stability, presumably for the straight. maybe the front lifted a bit and would loose some of the steering?

Schelle Racing Concepts - www.schelleracing.com
Amain Hobbies - www.amain.com
Jmuck69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 01:51 PM   #527
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmuck69 View Post
I believe the wing was for high speed stability, presumably for the straight. maybe the front lifted a bit and would loose some of the steering?
yes, high speed stability. And the front wing was on his 2wd buggy and I dont think he added weight to it. Buggy and SC and not the same.
Old 08-11-2015, 04:15 PM   #528
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

front wing was just a troll to see how many of us would bite.
ryanpatrickgore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 05:39 PM   #529
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
It seemed to me at nats that a slick tire is what was the best "tread" to use but people still needed a little weight to get the tires to hook the way they needed.

I say this because after seeing the Cav was using a front wing on the b5m made me think that traction was a little tough and most of us know you can only add so much weight to the front before you start nose diving or chassis slapping the front. Seeing that he then addedbweight to the more rear section of the truck just kinda makes my hypothesis a little more plausible. I may be right but most likely not. As for me, when I run my sc5m on carpet this winter I don't think for me running extra weight will be necessary unless I absolutely need it.

(I know this was off the beaten path a little but it's been on my mind majority of the day.)
Adding weight when running on that much grip was to calm the cars down! With that much grip they become very aggressive and darty.

Go that way really fast... if something gets in your way... TURN!
aeRayls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 06:21 PM   #530
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

This all really helps with my perception on adding weight.

In that case maybe I should do it for carpet. All of my cars liked shooting out if the corner but had issues keeping the rear end straight for the first 8-12 feet.
3than0d311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 06:59 PM   #531

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Turn the power down.
bds81175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 07:09 PM   #532
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat1971 View Post
yes, high speed stability. And the front wing was on his 2wd buggy and I dont think he added weight to it. Buggy and SC and not the same.
Thanks for sharing wildcat1971, all this time I thought buggy and sc were the same. 😶

Last edited by Sinistersmile13; 08-12-2015 at 04:45 AM.
Sinistersmile13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 08:30 PM   #533
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Put my truck on the track sunday an was having the same issue with it nosing over on our big double it was worse with the brick pack so I ran A shorty and took a couple turns out of rear shocks and it was much better I'm running 30/29 ride height with 35/30 oil and manual set-up otherwise
Old 08-12-2015, 09:16 AM   #534
mes
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
... As for me, when I run my sc5m on carpet this winter I don't think for me running extra weight will be necessary unless I absolutely need it...
Give it a try! On high-bite astro, we are running Team Yokomo Europe's 50 g plate under a shorty battery in the brilliant YZ-2. The car is even more planted and does not roll over. With a truck, you should do whatever you can to lower the cener of gravity.
mes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 10:40 AM   #535
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Awesome Sauce

Love the new short course truck have one race day under my belt and no one there was even close to matching this thing. I have a quick question does the MIP b5m diff rebuild work with the sc5m and t5m diff. Im not quite sure if the m series associated stuff have different ball diffs. Thanks in advance. Also is anyone running the schelle slipper yet on these and how do you like them. Are they worth the thirty bucks.
SC5M Preorder
Futaba 4PX
MyLilPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 10:55 AM   #536
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLilPony View Post
Love the new short course truck have one race day under my belt and no one there was even close to matching this thing. I have a quick question does the MIP b5m diff rebuild work with the sc5m and t5m diff. Im not quite sure if the m series associated stuff have different ball diffs. Thanks in advance. Also is anyone running the schelle slipper yet on these and how do you like them. Are they worth the thirty bucks.
All the same. Transmission and internal components work in all 5 series buggies and trucks.

Schelle Racing Concepts - www.schelleracing.com
Amain Hobbies - www.amain.com
Jmuck69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 11:41 AM   #537
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmuck69 View Post
All the same. Transmission and internal components work in all 5 series buggies and trucks.
Thanks JMUCk
SC5M Preorder
Futaba 4PX
MyLilPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 12:22 PM   #538
mes
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLilPony View Post
...Also is anyone running the schelle slipper yet on these and how do you like them. Are they worth the thirty bucks.
I've been running the oiginal Avid Triad for quite some time and now the Evo version, which doeas away with the conic spacers. It is almost the same as the Schelle, so you can use spur gears from both. I love the adjustability and feel of these slipper units and won't run anything else in an AE car or truck. There is currently no easy way to make it work in my Yokomo YZ-2, but as soon as I find a way, I'll replace the stock clutch assembly for sure.

In short: Yes, get one!
mes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 12:23 PM   #539
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

jconcept hazard wheels are ok for this truck?
Bubonic-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 12:35 PM   #540
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubonic-X View Post
jconcept hazard wheels are ok for this truck?
Yeak, the JC +3 wheels work. I am using the AVID +3 wheels