Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree84Likes

Team Associated SC5M Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-02-2017, 11:22 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated SC5M Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Wildcat1971
Team Associated SC5M Wiki Content.

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2015, 09:45 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Thanks A LOT 702!

Originally Posted by kbish76
Well my local track just closed its doors unbeknownst to the majority of its patrons... And I was 6th on the list to get my sc5m from there. Looks like I will be stopping by hobby people next week. ��
Same boat as you!
Old 07-28-2015, 11:05 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NeedsHobbyMoney
Same boat as you!
Looks like we're going to LV tracks. But I also have heard and seen that a new owner will be taking over 702. Hopefully they turn the track 90deg. Making it a lot bigger and then change the "clay" and make it blue groove or install misters over the track.
Old 07-29-2015, 08:37 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by kbish76
Looks like we're going to LV tracks. But I also have heard and seen that a new owner will be taking over 702. Hopefully they turn the track 90deg. Making it a lot bigger and then change the "clay" and make it blue groove or install misters over the track.
Yeah, RC tracks have the 1/8th series starting up so that will be a good distraction. I would love to see some improvements made to the surface and watering systems at 702, but who knows, it's not my dimes. I just hope it does not take too long.

All I can say is that I hope I can still manage to get an SC5M on time.
Old 07-29-2015, 09:40 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I just hope that this thread blows up once the truck is released. I know it is "only a SC truck", but i really like the fact that its impossible to drive one of these things fast. My buggy is fun in a different way because its so easy to drive. I love SC because its do damn hard to drive.
Old 07-29-2015, 09:48 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

I am not much of an SC racer, as I dont consider them race cars. But I am picking one up for my 9 year old. We race on very night bite using clay slicks. Does anyone know if SC trucks typically run sway bars on the rear on tracks like this?
Old 07-29-2015, 11:39 AM
mes
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
I am not much of an SC racer, as I dont consider them race cars. But I am picking one up for my 9 year old. We race on very night bite using clay slicks. Does anyone know if SC trucks typically run sway bars on the rear on tracks like this?
Hard to say before the SC5M has been released. I used to run the JConcepts front and rear sway bars in the SC10 and T4.x, but so far I did not need one in the T5M.
Old 07-29-2015, 03:09 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by mes
Hard to say before the SC5M has been released. I used to run the JConcepts front and rear sway bars in the SC10 and T4.x, but so far I did not need one in the T5M.
Maybe a lower CG with the alum chassis.
Old 07-29-2015, 10:46 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Do you consider the b5m and t5m to be race vehicles?
Old 07-30-2015, 03:48 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Lets not start down this path. Everyone has a right to their own opinion.
Old 07-30-2015, 05:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bds81175
Lets not start down this path. Everyone has a right to their own opinion.
Indeed I do...I consider the SC5M a race vehicle.

I intend to race with it. Others I know intend to race with it. We intend to race one another.

It's, by definition, a race vehicle.
Old 07-30-2015, 06:05 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by likea45
Do you consider the b5m and t5m to be race vehicles?
yes, to the b5m, no to the t5m. That is my opinion. I have "raced" sc and st before. SC drive like crap. They look cool and that is where they end. For me, they just dont have that on rail feeling of 2wd and 4wd buggies. And it you talked to most of the Pro level drivers, I am sure they pretty much all prefer and focus on buggy. SC and ST are side show classes. The reasons I am getting the sc5m have nothing to do with the race-ability of the truck and everything to do with Pros/Cons for my 9 year old. If you love SC "racing" cool. To each their own. You should not take offence, just because someone has a different opinion than you.
Old 07-30-2015, 08:42 AM
Tech Addict

yes, to the b5m, no to the t5m. That is my opinion. I have "raced" sc and st before. SC drive like crap. They look cool and that is where they end. For me, they just dont have that on rail feeling of 2wd and 4wd buggies. And it you talked to most of the Pro level drivers, I am sure they pretty much all prefer and focus on buggy. SC and ST are side show classes. The reasons I am getting the sc5m have nothing to do with the race-ability of the truck and everything to do with Pros/Cons for my 9 year old. If you love SC "racing" cool. To each their own. You should not take offence, just because someone has a different opinion than you.
I wouldn't classify "SC is not a race vehicle" as an opinion but more as an elitist statement. It's like saying my opinion is that the sun is a giant orange in the sky with unicorn's raining magic light upon us. You're saying that I only race the really hard super fast stuff and this SC business is for kids.

People race lawn mowers and semi's. If we were to take your thought process and boil it down, anything other than a F1 car is not a race vehicle. Racing is merely a competition to get the finish line first regardless of the means used. Go tell Bob Stormer his racing mower was not a race vehicle.

I agree SC's DO drive like crap but it does take a certain skill set to drive quickly and beat the next guy. Really that's what everyone is doing in this hobby, driving to beat the next guy in similar vehicles.
Old 07-30-2015, 08:51 AM
Tech Adept

Default *DROPS MIC*

Originally Posted by VegasHB
I wouldn't classify "SC is not a race vehicle" as an opinion but more as an elitist statement. It's like saying my opinion is that the sun is a giant orange in the sky with unicorn's raining magic light upon us. You're saying that I only race the really hard super fast stuff and this SC business is for kids.

People race lawn mowers and semi's. If we were to take your thought process and boil it down, anything other than a F1 car is not a race vehicle. Racing is merely a competition to get the finish line first regardless of the means used. Go tell Bob Stormer his racing mower was not a race vehicle.

I agree SC's DO drive like crap but it does take a certain skill set to drive quickly and beat the next guy. Really that's what everyone is doing in this hobby, driving to beat the next guy in similar vehicles.
You forgot *DROPS MIC*
Old 07-30-2015, 09:56 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Right now I exclusively race SC. As a beginner, I think they're great platforms to learn on. If I'm honest, I like that the more hard-core/experienced drivers gravitate to the buggy classes.
Old 07-30-2015, 10:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

If you think they drive like crap, you obviously have never driven a good one or can't make it work yourself. We have a very competitive class here in Illinois/Wisconsin, and we know how to make them work. Most of our trucks are almost as fast on the track as the buggies, usually running a half lap off their pace.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.