Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree84Likes

Team Associated SC5M Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-02-2017, 11:22 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated SC5M Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Wildcat1971
Team Associated SC5M Wiki Content.

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2016, 06:46 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi All,

I'm new to the forum. I'm after some setup help with my SC5m running in the UK on high grip astro turf. Really struggling to find setup sheets for astro or carpet. Im struggling with lots of body roll resulting in grip roll. I had added stiffer front springs (AE Grey), raised front and rear roll centres, and laid the front shocks down as much as possible (inside hole on the tower, and outside hole on the suspension arm).

Any help would be much appreciated.

David
Old 03-16-2016, 10:40 AM
JAE
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Anyone running slicks on these? Looking at high grip clay at SCVRC, and potentially to run them at OCRC. How do slicks perform and do you need to change your setup/ride height?
Old 03-16-2016, 11:29 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JAE
Anyone running slicks on these? Looking at high grip clay at SCVRC, and potentially to run them at OCRC. How do slicks perform and do you need to change your setup/ride height?
I have run slicks at Outback on mine. They were awesome. I didn't change my ride height , but probably would have went faster and been more predictable if I had.
Old 03-16-2016, 02:09 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by david85williams
Hi All,

I'm new to the forum. I'm after some setup help with my SC5m running in the UK on high grip astro turf. Really struggling to find setup sheets for astro or carpet. Im struggling with lots of body roll resulting in grip roll. I had added stiffer front springs (AE Grey), raised front and rear roll centres, and laid the front shocks down as much as possible (inside hole on the tower, and outside hole on the suspension arm).

David
Decrease droop by adding more limiters under the piston.
Old 03-16-2016, 03:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Does anyone have a good outdoor 1/8th scale loose track setup?
Old 03-16-2016, 06:33 PM
Tech Adept

I just received my used sc5m roller in the mail today. This thing is clean. It has some hop-ups already installed...light-weight gearing, 3 gear tranny, aluminum rear hubs, aluminum bellcrank, titanium turnbuckles. I started looking at possible layout configurations.

Thus far, I have two questions (more to follow...lol:
1) I plan on using my HW sct pro as my esc. I typically have seen this esc used in 4x4 sct. Any reason why this won't work in a 2wd sct?

2) Does anyone know if the Savox 1258 servo will fit in the sc5m? Is anyone running this servo? If so, how do you have it mounted? I can't seem to figure out how to fit it in there with the steering bellcrank linkage.

TIA

Patt
Old 03-16-2016, 06:36 PM
Tech Adept

It also has this little blue aluminum bar/bracket protruding from the tranny on the opposite side of the slipper (motor side). I have no idea what this is for. Never seen this on any vehicle to date.
Old 03-16-2016, 06:41 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I run the 1258 in mine. No servo spacers. THe SCT Pro will work just fine. What motor are you planning on running? I'm guessing at the bar/bracket thing (throw a picture up) but maybe a fan mount??
Old 03-16-2016, 07:01 PM
Tech Adept

Ok...I got the bar/bracket thing sorted out. It is a fan bracket...lol. Never seen one of those before.

Bds81175...
Can you post a photo of the 1258 installed? I just don't see how I can fit it in there...
Old 03-16-2016, 07:29 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by bds81175
I run the 1258 in mine. No servo spacers. THe SCT Pro will work just fine. What motor are you planning on running? I'm guessing at the bar/bracket thing (throw a picture up) but maybe a fan mount??
I have a Red VX 8.5 I was going to put in it. I plan on running in a open mod class. This motor has timing adjustment which isn't necessary in mod I guess. I also have several non-timing Tenshock x211 motors to include a 7.5 and 10.5.
Old 03-17-2016, 02:13 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by bds81175
Decrease droop by adding more limiters under the piston.
Thanks for the reply. I shall try adding limiters as suggested. Sounds like a good suggestion.
Old 03-17-2016, 02:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JAE
Primes will work at SCVRC on a race night, but on practice days, you're better off with Proline Electrons due to less frequent watering. At OCRC, slicks don't work, you can run either Proline Electrons or Jconcepts Dirt Webs there, they both work well.
Old 03-17-2016, 03:47 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by david85williams
Hi All,

David
I've been running on similar surface. I was running 4 limiters in all 4 shocks, 45 wt grey truck Springs and a front sway bar up front from a sc10, no shims on front shock tower. 40 wt with white truck Springs in the the rear. 4mm shims on rear aluminum hubs, no shims in the center. Slam the truck to the ground. I was running worn dboot nanobytes on front and a fresh pair on the rear in A compound.
Old 03-17-2016, 06:04 AM
Tech Adept

Hey guys, trying to figure out if I have a defective plastic ball diff gear that came in my SC5M kit. On my gear, only one side of all the ball pockets have a 'ridge' on them that the balls have to snap past to be seated. On the opposite side, no 'ridge' and the balls freely drop into their pockets. Is that the way it was originally designed or are there supposed to be ridges on both sides of the pockets and/or no ridges on both sides?
Old 03-17-2016, 08:14 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by freezeframe007
I have a Red VX 8.5 I was going to put in it. I plan on running in a open mod class. This motor has timing adjustment which isn't necessary in mod I guess. I also have several non-timing Tenshock x211 motors to include a 7.5 and 10.5.
UPDATE:
I notice that this build has the blue aluminum bellcrank steering linkage. Don't think this was stock...I could be wrong. Assuming this is not stock, I wonder if this is why I can't fit my Savox 1258 black addition servo (not enough clearance). I am not sure if the original user had a low profile installed or not.

Has anyone successfully installed the Savox 1258 in the sc5m with the aluminum bellcrank system? If so, pics would be awesome!

If this was a buggy, I wouldn't have an issue going with the 1251. I would have plenty of room. But, it is a hair slower and 30oz weaker than the 1258.

I watched a stock build video and they install the airtronics 94661 which has equal or better specs. In the video, it looked like the rack parts were plastic. Unfortunately, the airtronics has the exact same size specs as the 1258.

I am at an impass with this build at this point.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.