R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

    Hide Wikipost
Old 04-02-2017, 11:22 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Offical Team Associated SC5M Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: Wildcat1971
Team Associated SC5M Wiki Content.

Print Wikipost

Like Tree24Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-19-2015, 01:10 PM   #1096
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 98
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRXnItUp View Post
I just sent them an email. Thanks for the information, I will post what I can find out.
So I have quick response from Nick W. and a reply saying it will be a running change, there will not be a new part number, and once the new axles are in, they will replace the long ones that I have.

He also mentioned they will replace the rear hexes that were very easily stripped.

It's always nice to receive great customer support... Thanks Nick W./AE!
__________________
22, 22SCT, 22SCT 2.0, B5m, SC5m, SCT410
WRXnItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 01:46 PM   #1097
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Utah
Posts: 40
Send a message via AIM to copter58
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRXnItUp View Post
So I have quick response from Nick W. and a reply saying it will be a running change, there will not be a new part number, and once the new axles are in, they will replace the long ones that I have.

He also mentioned they will replace the rear hexes that were very easily stripped.

It's always nice to receive great customer support... Thanks Nick W./AE!
Excellent job WRXnItUp! Yeah, they admitted their screw up and will be fixing it; that is a characteristic of a good manufacturer. I look forward to getting my new axles. Thanks for emailing them and following up WRX. I get to take out my SC5M for the first time Saturday, looking forward to it! You like yours? Easy to drive/tune?
copter58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 02:23 PM   #1098
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 98
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by copter58 View Post
Excellent job WRXnItUp! Yeah, they admitted their screw up and will be fixing it; that is a characteristic of a good manufacturer. I look forward to getting my new axles. Thanks for emailing them and following up WRX. I get to take out my SC5M for the first time Saturday, looking forward to it! You like yours? Easy to drive/tune?
I do like mine, I placed 3rd in the A the first time I ran it on some well broken in 0 offset tires, the only change I made to the truck was to run the heavier springs up front. The second time I raced, I ran some newly mounted +3 offset rims and things were a bit shaky early on. I ended up 7th in the A, going over the truck I found another issue with the ESC, so hoping the tires and settings will be setup for the next time out.
__________________
22, 22SCT, 22SCT 2.0, B5m, SC5m, SCT410
WRXnItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 07:08 PM   #1099
Super Moderator
 
tmail55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Sunny Florida!!!!!
Posts: 3,277
Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottysspeedsho View Post
Has anyone tried a inline shorty set up yet ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdawg01 View Post
I use a shorty in line pushed all the way forward for carpet. Works really well. With all the grip this helps get the front end planted.
In line??? Long ways front to rear or side to side.

IF f/r how did you mod the chassis to fit. <<<< Pictures would help!!!!!
__________________
Rev. Terrance / Team HOLY Rollers / R/C Tech > R/C Racers 4 Christ
Petit RC / RC WISH / RCTen.com #WeAreAE
I believe the word of God for what it says, not what people want it to say!
RC10GT2-E, SC5M, RC10T2, Spec-R S2, FX10
tmail55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 07:18 PM   #1100
Tech Master
 
1/4milecrazy's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Work, then 46RC
Posts: 1,045
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmail55 View Post
In line??? Long ways front to rear or side to side.

IF f/r how did you mod the chassis to fit. <<<< Pictures would help!!!!!
Yes, inline means front to rear. You have to cut the center out between the battery posts and the battery fits through there.


Google picture.





Some even move the ESC behind the battery. Search google for B5M inline and you will find plenty of pictures.
__________________
1/4milecrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 07:51 PM   #1101
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 877
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

which rear aluminum clamping hexes are you guys using? want to put +3mm offset wheels on this car. thanks
__________________
xb2, xb4, RC10 re-release WC, sc5m, vintage rc10's
Eaglesrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 08:02 PM   #1102
Super Moderator
 
tmail55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Sunny Florida!!!!!
Posts: 3,277
Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)
Default

Thanks!!!!

That was what I was thinking.



Quote:
Originally Posted by 1/4milecrazy View Post
Yes, inline means front to rear. You have to cut the center out between the battery posts and the battery fits through there.


Google picture.





Some even move the ESC behind the battery. Search google for B5M inline and you will find plenty of pictures.
__________________
Rev. Terrance / Team HOLY Rollers / R/C Tech > R/C Racers 4 Christ
Petit RC / RC WISH / RCTen.com #WeAreAE
I believe the word of God for what it says, not what people want it to say!
RC10GT2-E, SC5M, RC10T2, Spec-R S2, FX10
tmail55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 08:03 PM   #1103
Tech Master
 
1/4milecrazy's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Work, then 46RC
Posts: 1,045
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesrx View Post
which rear aluminum clamping hexes are you guys using? want to put +3mm offset wheels on this car. thanks
None. Plastic ones are doing me just fine. NEVER pulled a hex off with a wheel.
__________________
1/4milecrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 05:05 AM   #1104
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 217
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesrx View Post
which rear aluminum clamping hexes are you guys using? want to put +3mm offset wheels on this car. thanks
You can use the 8.5mm hex with the +3mm wheels
Mxer210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 05:07 AM   #1105
Moderator
 
bds81175's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Litchfield, Minnesota
Posts: 2,744
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

I'd have to agree on the hexes. I'm still running the stockers on both my B5M and SC5M. There are much more useful things to spend your money on (tires and practice time come to mind).
__________________
Current Racers: AE B6D, Tekno SCT410, Tekno EB48.3
Full Throttle R/C Raceway www.ftrcr.com, Psycho Dog Racing Team, Team Holy Rollers - Greatest RC race team on the planet. Well, at least the team with the best sponsor.
Tekno RC
bds81175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 07:11 AM   #1106
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Utah
Posts: 40
Send a message via AIM to copter58
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRXnItUp View Post
I do like mine, I placed 3rd in the A the first time I ran it on some well broken in 0 offset tires, the only change I made to the truck was to run the heavier springs up front. The second time I raced, I ran some newly mounted +3 offset rims and things were a bit shaky early on. I ended up 7th in the A, going over the truck I found another issue with the ESC, so hoping the tires and settings will be setup for the next time out.
WRX,

I'm assuming that you used Grey springs up front as that seems to be the consensus on this forum. Yeah, those ESC settings and radio settings as well can get you or if they are tuned correctly will make any vehicle handle better. I always use some postive Expo on my throttle to act as some traction control, soften up the trigger a bit, less spin outs. Let me know how you do and I'll let you know how I do this weekend. I have set up my ESC and radio the best i can off track.

Jeff
copter58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 07:12 AM   #1107
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Utah
Posts: 40
Send a message via AIM to copter58
Default Something else to be aware of with the 71013 axles

I discovered this last night as I installed my 71013 and my 6.0mm hexes and I sent this email today. so rather than re-explain, please read my email below:

Nick,

I installed the #71013 last night with my 6.0mm hexes and used some old SC10 axle shims to take up the space (used two on each side). One thing I did notice and want to bring to your attention as I am unsure if you know or not is that the threads are wrong as well. I was not able to use my 7mm wheel nut that came with my SC5M. I ended up having to use my old SC10 wheel nuts. I just wanted to make you aware if you didnít already know that the threads are different (on the 71013 axles) than the stock thread pitch on the stock SC5M axles. Thanks for your fast response on my previous question. Have a good day.

V/R

Jeff McCoy
copter58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 08:36 AM   #1108
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 65
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by copter58 View Post
I discovered this last night as I installed my 71013 and my 6.0mm hexes and I sent this email today. so rather than re-explain, please read my email below:

Nick,

I installed the #71013 last night with my 6.0mm hexes and used some old SC10 axle shims to take up the space (used two on each side). One thing I did notice and want to bring to your attention as I am unsure if you know or not is that the threads are wrong as well. I was not able to use my 7mm wheel nut that came with my SC5M. I ended up having to use my old SC10 wheel nuts. I just wanted to make you aware if you didnít already know that the threads are different (on the 71013 axles) than the stock thread pitch on the stock SC5M axles. Thanks for your fast response on my previous question. Have a good day.

V/R

Jeff McCoy
I had this issue with two sets of front axles. Nick replaced them both. I didn't even try a non metric nut, so I just assumed the threads were somehow malformed. But it makes more sense they were just cut with the wrong die.
islandscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 05:31 PM   #1109
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Queens nyc
Posts: 786
Default

How long until sc5mfl comes out
__________________
Felix v.
Ae sc10.2, xray t4 2016 usgt,wrc f-one 016, Tamiya m05 mini
Expensive is not always faster
Scionara05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 07:36 AM   #1110
Tech Fanatic
 
HBRob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Posts: 847
Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to HBRob
Default

No need. put a shorty in it and it's near minimum already.
__________________
**Privateer** - Getting Out 11/12/16
TLR 22 3.0 | TLR 22T 2.0 | TLR 22-4
Fantom Racing | Hobbywing | Futaba
#ocrcarmy
HBRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:02 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net