R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-02-2017, 11:22 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Offical Team Associated SC5M Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Wildcat1971
Team Associated SC5M Wiki Content.

Print Wikipost

Like Tree18Likes

Old 11-16-2015, 10:01 AM   #1081
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Has anyone tried a inline shorty set up yet ?
Scottysspeedsho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 12:40 PM   #1082
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottysspeedsho View Post
I use a shorty in line pushed all the way forward for carpet. Works really well. With all the grip this helps get the front end planted.
Bdawg01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 01:17 PM   #1083
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottysspeedsho View Post
Couple guys at my track have done that. I've been holding off and getting a set up figured out before I resort to that.
Old 11-16-2015, 01:44 PM   #1084
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Offical Team Associated SC5M Thread-image.jpgNew set I am going to try Plan B Racing carbon fiber chassis and inline shorty.
Scottysspeedsho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 08:53 PM   #1085
Tech Initiate

Has anyone tried running the +4 C block on the sc5m? I am new to the sct thing been running the b5m and t5m for awhile now finally decided to go sct in the hopes to revive the class at the local Amain Hobbies track in Chico. Look forward to others opinion about the C block.
Old 11-17-2015, 01:07 AM   #1086
Tech Rookie

Hi !
Maybe this question has already been asked but I didn't see it in this thread...

What type of battery are you using on the truck ? I neither have Shorty or Square packs and have to buy some but I'd like to make a good choice.

I race in Belgium, mainly in low traction tracks (dirt) or in high traction (clay or astroturf). Advices are evenly split between both types of packs so maybe you'll be able to help me

Thank you !
lanac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 09:19 PM   #1087
Tech Regular

Just picked mine up, first SC ever.
At the moment I am stuck in moving, so the SC will be my award after I finishied. Hehe
man1ac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 06:44 AM   #1088
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanac View Post
Hi !
Maybe this question has already been asked but I didn't see it in this thread...

What type of battery are you using on the truck ? I neither have Shorty or Square packs and have to buy some but I'd like to make a good choice.

I race in Belgium, mainly in low traction tracks (dirt) or in high traction (clay or astroturf). Advices are evenly split between both types of packs so maybe you'll be able to help me

Thank you !
I race on high grip clay and I like using the square packs the best ...SMC 5800 at 40 bucks
5mtrio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 03:16 PM   #1089
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Will losi wheels work on this truck
biggen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 08:30 PM   #1090
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 478 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggen View Post
Will losi wheels work on this truck
Losi wheels don't work on a Losi. I don't think putting them on an AE will help the cause much.
Old 11-19-2015, 04:52 AM   #1091

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

The Losi wheels (0 offset) will work just fine but you will be leaving 3mm of width per side on the pit table when you hit the track. Just make sure you run the same offset front and rear if you are testing and it shouldn't be a big deal.
bds81175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 08:02 AM   #1092
Tech Initiate

Send a message via AIM to copter58
Default SC5M front clamping hex axle and correct hex width

I wanted to put this out there to clear up any confusion because if you are like me thinking that AE dropped the ball on the stock SC5m fornt axles and wanted to know what to do to convert them to a front claming hex axle with the correct AE parts, then please read on. This is an email I sent to AE directly and they promptly responded:

Hello AE,

What is the correct part number combination to convert the SC5M to front clamping hexes/axles, also, what is the correct width hex (ie., 6.0mm?) I see that on several websites and the SC5M manual, that the 71013 part is compatible with the SC5M; can you please confirm this. Also if there are any issues, can you enlighten me on them? I have searched the internet up and down and I figured I’d go to the horse’s mouth. So bottom line, what AE parts do I need to convert my SC5M to front clamping hexes? Thanks for the info and your time in advance.

V/R

Jeff McCoy

AE response:

Jeff,

The correct hex is #71034 for the front axle. The axle that goes with the 6.0mm hex is #71013. Unfortunately, at the moment, the axle does not quite fit the as the threads are alittle short and do not tighten the wheel all the way. For the time being, you can use a washer to take up the gap while the new axles are being circulated in if you have them already.

Thank You,
Nick Wautlet
Customer Support/Sales Representative
Nick@aeteam.net
copter58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 08:21 AM   #1093
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by copter58 View Post
I wanted to put this out there to clear up any confusion because if you are like me thinking that AE dropped the ball on the stock SC5m fornt axles and wanted to know what to do to convert them to a front claming hex axle with the correct AE parts, then please read on. This is an email I sent to AE directly and they promptly responded:

Hello AE,

What is the correct part number combination to convert the SC5M to front clamping hexes/axles, also, what is the correct width hex (ie., 6.0mm?) I see that on several websites and the SC5M manual, that the 71013 part is compatible with the SC5M; can you please confirm this. Also if there are any issues, can you enlighten me on them? I have searched the internet up and down and I figured I’d go to the horse’s mouth. So bottom line, what AE parts do I need to convert my SC5M to front clamping hexes? Thanks for the info and your time in advance.

V/R

Jeff McCoy

AE response:

Jeff,

The correct hex is #71034 for the front axle. The axle that goes with the 6.0mm hex is #71013. Unfortunately, at the moment, the axle does not quite fit the as the threads are alittle short and do not tighten the wheel all the way. For the time being, you can use a washer to take up the gap while the new axles are being circulated in if you have them already.

Thank You,
Nick Wautlet
Customer Support/Sales Representative
Nick@aeteam.net
If they don't change the part number, how will we know when the "updated" axles are in stock? I don't want to purchase the wrong ones twice. It would also be nice to know if they will replace the bad ones we have now.

My buddy also stripped out one of the rear hexes like me, even after I warned him to be very, very careful. It strips before you even feel it. Another issue that should be resolved.
Old 11-19-2015, 09:41 AM   #1094
Tech Initiate

Send a message via AIM to copter58

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRXnItUp View Post
If they don't change the part number, how will we know when the "updated" axles are in stock? I don't want to purchase the wrong ones twice. It would also be nice to know if they will replace the bad ones we have now.

My buddy also stripped out one of the rear hexes like me, even after I warned him to be very, very careful. It strips before you even feel it. Another issue that should be resolved.
Give them an email, I did not think to ask him that question(s) about the replacements or a new part number. I had just ordered the axles from Tower; I will use them for now using an axel washer from my old SC10.

As far as the stripping, I did not experince that issue. I was extra delicate when I installed them becasue of the complaints. Let me know what they say!

Thanks
copter58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 12:19 PM   #1095
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by copter58 View Post
Give them an email, I did not think to ask him that question(s) about the replacements or a new part number. I had just ordered the axles from Tower; I will use them for now using an axel washer from my old SC10.

As far as the stripping, I did not experince that issue. I was extra delicate when I installed them becasue of the complaints. Let me know what they say!

Thanks
I just sent them an email. Thanks for the information, I will post what I can find out.