R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

    Hide Wikipost
Old 04-02-2017, 11:22 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Offical Team Associated SC5M Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: Wildcat1971
Team Associated SC5M Wiki Content.

Print Wikipost

Like Tree18Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-10-2015, 09:48 AM   #91
Tech Prophet
 
Wildcat1971's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 16,912
Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpeters66 View Post
Has anyone seen this truck in action? Has anyone seen any Pro-drivers running it?
I dont think I have seen anyone with it. BK is running a local race this weekend. Maybe he has one. Normally, someone from AE will post a build pic. Since SC is not a big class, the pros might not be in a hurry to run it. I am sure you will see it at nationals in August
__________________
Support: Team Associated | Reedy Motors & ESC's | Sanwa Radios | Avid | Proline Tires
Wildcat1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 02:59 AM   #92
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 315
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Because I'm impatient... Has an actual release date been set? I know it says July, but anything more specific.
JW91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 08:02 AM   #93
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 854
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW91 View Post
Because I'm impatient... Has an actual release date been set? I know it says July, but anything more specific.
Hold your horses. Team associated doesn't have a Ryan dunford or F root
__________________
Team NovakŪ (1-touch programming)
Team Orion
ProLine
Dialed-RC Hobbies
TEN-SCTE 3.0/22SCT 3.0
Keith B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 01:05 PM   #94
Tech Regular
 
ridered4life250's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Laguna Beach
Posts: 428
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith B View Post
Hold your horses. Team associated doesn't have a Ryan dunford or F root
Honestly...they should. One of the main reasons i run Losi currently is because I can come on here and get their advice. It seems stupid of AE to not have that. Although, I live about 10 minutes down the road from their HQ so I could always just head over there and knock some heads around.
ridered4life250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 01:11 PM   #95
Tech Prophet
 
Wildcat1971's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 16,912
Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridered4life250 View Post
Honestly...they should. One of the main reasons i run Losi currently is because I can come on here and get their advice. It seems stupid of AE to not have that. Although, I live about 10 minutes down the road from their HQ so I could always just head over there and knock some heads around.
Kody and sean post on the AE/reedy threads. I would also not give an exact release date, but those are hard to stick to. In fact, I would just say coming soon.... That way no one could hold me feet to the fire That said, I pre-ordered one
__________________
Support: Team Associated | Reedy Motors & ESC's | Sanwa Radios | Avid | Proline Tires
Wildcat1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 08:23 PM   #96
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 393
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat1971 View Post
Kody and sean post on the AE/reedy threads. I would also not give an exact release date, but those are hard to stick to. In fact, I would just say coming soon.... That way no one could hold me feet to the fire That said, I pre-ordered one
So you're finally coming to the dark side and gonna run a SC!
__________________
Bill
AE SC5M / Viper VTX10R & Maclan 10.5
Schumacher KD and KC / Maclan MMax Pro & MMR Team Edition 17.5
Schumacher KF2 / VTX 10R & MMR 17.5
Schumacher K2 / MMax Pro & MMR Team Edition 13.5 /// Airtronics MT-4
Riverbluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 08:34 PM   #97
Tech Prophet
 
Wildcat1971's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 16,912
Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverbluff View Post
So you're finally coming to the dark side and gonna run a SC!
it is for my 8 year old. I hate sc, but they are great for new drivers.
__________________
Support: Team Associated | Reedy Motors & ESC's | Sanwa Radios | Avid | Proline Tires
Wildcat1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 11:43 AM   #98
Tech Regular
 
ridered4life250's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Laguna Beach
Posts: 428
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat1971 View Post
it is for my 8 year old. I hate sc, but they are great for new drivers.
its fun because they handle like total crap. I have my buggy too, but for some reason, love the SC more. It is kinda like driving an old muscle car vs a new muscle car. The old one might not handle as good, but for some reason, its just way more fun to drive.
ridered4life250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 12:14 PM   #99
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 131
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

I can't wait to see more AE info on this rig.
Bserious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 12:29 PM   #100
Tech Prophet
 
Wildcat1971's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 16,912
Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridered4life250 View Post
its fun because they handle like total crap. I have my buggy too, but for some reason, love the SC more. It is kinda like driving an old muscle car vs a new muscle car. The old one might not handle as good, but for some reason, its just way more fun to drive.
we race on mega high bite. so there is no drifting the corners, just rolly polly action. I prefer the Ferrari feel of buggies. But my 8 year has vision issues and a big truck will just be easier for her to see. And of course she can jump pipes and make her own layout better, lol
__________________
Support: Team Associated | Reedy Motors & ESC's | Sanwa Radios | Avid | Proline Tires
Wildcat1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 02:41 PM   #101
Tech Regular
 
kbish76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: LV NV
Posts: 351
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridered4life250 View Post
its fun because they handle like total crap. I have my buggy too, but for some reason, love the SC more. It is kinda like driving an old muscle car vs a new muscle car. The old one might not handle as good, but for some reason, its just way more fun to drive.
I second that. My local track is not high bite but dry and dusty. And the look of a truck going around looks very cool. Plus the SC guys at my track are more easy going and just haven fun compared to the buggy class. I'm going back to Sc and pre-ordered mine as well.
kbish76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 07:37 PM   #102
Tech Adept
 
mhughesjr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Crestview, FL
Posts: 137
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default What is needed to convert T5M to SC5M?

So on page one there is a excel list of parts need to convert T5M to SC5M.

The list is composed of green slime, tire glue, thread lock, screws, body clips, and nuts. Am I missing something as there is no actual parts on the list.

Has a parts list been posted anywhere?
mhughesjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 07:46 PM   #103
Super Moderator
 
Matt Trimmings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Tucson AZ
Posts: 5,693
Trader Rating: 156 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhughesjr View Post
So on page one there is a excel list of parts need to convert T5M to SC5M.

The list is composed of green slime, tire glue, thread lock, screws, body clips, and nuts. Am I missing something as there is no actual parts on the list.

Has a parts list been posted anywhere?
That shouldn't read as parts to convert a t5m to sc5m. That is a excel spreadsheet that just shows parts compatibility between the 5 series cars/trucks.
__________________
Thanks to: JConcepts ~ Schelle ~ Kustom RC Graphics

#MakeRCTechGreatAgain
Matt Trimmings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 07:54 PM   #104
Tech Prophet
 
Wildcat1971's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 16,912
Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhughesjr View Post
So on page one there is a excel list of parts need to convert T5M to SC5M.

The list is composed of green slime, tire glue, thread lock, screws, body clips, and nuts. Am I missing something as there is no actual parts on the list.

Has a parts list been posted anywhere?
I can guess.

chassis
craddle
Front and rear bumpers
Body mounts
Front axles
Rear Hexes
Side Guards
Body
Wheels
Tires
some misc screws
__________________
Support: Team Associated | Reedy Motors & ESC's | Sanwa Radios | Avid | Proline Tires

Last edited by Wildcat1971; 06-15-2015 at 09:04 PM.
Wildcat1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 08:44 PM   #105
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 65
Default

I think the new parts shown here are what would be required to convert a T5m to SC5m:
http://www.teamassociated.com/news/l...r_the_RC10SC5M
islandscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:05 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net