R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

    Hide Wikipost
Old 04-02-2017, 11:22 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Offical Team Associated SC5M Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: Wildcat1971
Team Associated SC5M Wiki Content.

Print Wikipost

Like Tree18Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-02-2015, 06:41 AM   #886
Tech Elite
 
celt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: /dev/null
Posts: 2,337
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default droop...simple definition, many ways to measure.

Droop is the amount of down travel a suspension arm has.

Measuring droop for our purposes is probably best defined on the existing setup sheets:

Shock Stroke

Tekno uses the similar measurement, eyelet to eyelet shock length. With off-road having so much more droop than on-road, it's difficult to just set the chassis flat on a tweak board, that won't work. That's why mfg's make 10/20/30mm blocks to measure droop.

Easy to define, many valid ways to measure it. Both ends of the discussion have to agree on method.
__________________
"Soon they will get everything they deserve. This isn't about trite elitism, but the otherwise intellectual and educated classes refusing to think for themselves. I call it situational ignorance, and painfully intolerable."

Stan Garvin
celt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 09:46 PM   #887
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 458
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default

3 Gear 3 Gear 3 Gear!!
It flies sooo level with the 3 gear tranny. No nose down tendencies at all. Cornering felt great too, just seemed very flat.
I unfortunately had a brand new battery take a dump on me. pulled it off the track after 7ish minutes, to temp check, battery was good. Turned esc back on after a short break, but it was blinking Lipo cutoff. Shouldn't have been. Threw it on the charger, only 4.3V?!?! Perhaps something shorted internally on the battery? Even in NiCd settings to bring it back up, charger was showing error and wouldn't charge it. I will mess with it more soon, but I tossed in my saddle pack and turned some 3 gear fast laps....
__________________
AE!
maddysdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 05:34 AM   #888
Super Moderator
 
tmail55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Sunny Florida!!!!!
Posts: 3,272
Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBRob View Post
23-25 is buggy ride height. Make sure you are looking at a SC5M setup sheet.

Cav's ROAR setup have 25 front and 23 rear
__________________
Rev. Terrance / Team HOLY Rollers / R/C Tech > R/C Racers 4 Christ
Petit RC / RC WISH / RCTen.com #WeAreAE
I believe the word of God for what it says, not what people want it to say!
RC10GT2-E, SC5M, RC10T2, Spec-R S2, FX10
tmail55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 05:36 AM   #889
Super Moderator
 
tmail55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Sunny Florida!!!!!
Posts: 3,272
Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmail55 View Post
Polock, do you have the correct spring cups (5mm) on your shocks?
To get 28 had to use 0mm cups.
__________________
Rev. Terrance / Team HOLY Rollers / R/C Tech > R/C Racers 4 Christ
Petit RC / RC WISH / RCTen.com #WeAreAE
I believe the word of God for what it says, not what people want it to say!
RC10GT2-E, SC5M, RC10T2, Spec-R S2, FX10
tmail55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 07:03 AM   #890
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Antelope Valley, CA
Posts: 4,732
Trader Rating: 478 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddysdaddy View Post
3 Gear 3 Gear 3 Gear!!
It flies sooo level with the 3 gear tranny. No nose down tendencies at all. Cornering felt great too, just seemed very flat.
I unfortunately had a brand new battery take a dump on me. pulled it off the track after 7ish minutes, to temp check, battery was good. Turned esc back on after a short break, but it was blinking Lipo cutoff. Shouldn't have been. Threw it on the charger, only 4.3V?!?! Perhaps something shorted internally on the battery? Even in NiCd settings to bring it back up, charger was showing error and wouldn't charge it. I will mess with it more soon, but I tossed in my saddle pack and turned some 3 gear fast laps....
You are playing with fire.....or you will be. Chuck that f'd up battery in the trash!
__________________
Now that I've discovered the ignore list I plan to use it.....14 and counting!
QDRHRSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 10:40 AM   #891
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chicago
Posts: 278
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by QDRHRSE View Post
You are playing with fire.....or you will be. Chuck that f'd up battery in the trash!
Yeah there is no bringing these back with nicad settings. These are not batteries but instead bags of chemicals that can blow up in your face.
Roken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 06:34 PM   #892
Tech Regular
 
Gpeters66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Alton. IL
Posts: 352
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Raced Mine at the track Saturday and my SC5m was really great. My track is hard packed dirt with med to high traction. I used Cav's setup from the Nat's and it worked very well. I hadn't raced since July so I was a little rusty but warmed up to this truck really fast. Great buy for me.
__________________
Grant Peters....wave when you pass me please
Mugen MBX7r Eco, Mugen MBX7T Eco, Associated RC10 B5M Factory Lite, Associated RC10SC5M
Gpeters66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 08:55 PM   #893
Tech Fanatic
 
HBRob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Posts: 847
Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to HBRob
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmail55 View Post
Cav's ROAR setup have 25 front and 23 rear
I'm running 27r 29f at ocrc on clay. Cavs setup is likely due to the ultra high traction at roar
__________________
**Privateer** - Getting Out 11/12/16
TLR 22 3.0 | TLR 22T 2.0 | TLR 22-4
Fantom Racing | Hobbywing | Futaba
#ocrcarmy
HBRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 05:32 PM   #894
1M
Tech Addict
 
1M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NY
Posts: 638
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

Kit build instruction, 4 trailing axle. What would one experience changing to 2?

What is the difference in the rear hub inserts? 0* .5* and 1*
1M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 05:37 PM   #895
Tech Master
 
1/4milecrazy's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Work, then 46RC
Posts: 1,047
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1M View Post
Kit build instruction, 4 trailing axle. What would one experience changing to 2?

What is the difference in the rear hub inserts? 0* .5* and 1*
More steering, kind of twitchy. Harder to drive.

Read the back of you owners manual, it explains it all in there. You have to make ackerman changes with trail changes. I run 2mm on my T5M, and my SC5M, but not on my B5M.

0, 0.5 and 1 degree inserts, again, in your owners manual.
__________________
1/4milecrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 07:05 PM   #896
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 8
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Which 13.5 motor?

Just picked up a SC5M, and my question is which 13.5 motor to go with. I'm looking at the Reedy M3 line, but am unsure whether to go with the standard 2S Spec or the Short Stack 1S Spec. My local track is twisty, small, indoor, high traction, and clay.

Reedy Sonic 540-M3 Motor 13.5 Spec
vs
Reedy Sonic 540-M3 Motor SS 13.5 1S Spec

Thank you in advance.
mwjcyber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 05:56 PM   #897
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Sutter, California
Posts: 1,178
Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwjcyber View Post
Just picked up a SC5M, and my question is which 13.5 motor to go with. I'm looking at the Reedy M3 line, but am unsure whether to go with the standard 2S Spec or the Short Stack 1S Spec. My local track is twisty, small, indoor, high traction, and clay.

Reedy Sonic 540-M3 Motor 13.5 Spec
vs
Reedy Sonic 540-M3 Motor SS 13.5 1S Spec

Thank you in advance.
I've not ran the reedy SS but I do know that my trinity SS didn't like the weight. It screams in my buggy but never could get it right in a truck.
dpcardoza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 06:04 PM   #898
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Sutter, California
Posts: 1,178
Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)
Default

Got a question for setup guru's. Basically team the kit setup except 37.5/32.5 shock oil, gray spring in front, 29/27 ride height on a flowing high bite clay, 14-15 sec lap time. I've got a pretty bad on power push, especially coming out of a couple of 180 switch backs. What would be the first change to make? I like to slow before the turn and roll through but the only way I could get it to work was man the brake on the turn with slows momentum. No Bueno when running 17.5 blinky.
dpcardoza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 06:38 PM   #899
a1
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 229
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpcardoza View Post
Got a question for setup guru's. Basically team the kit setup except 37.5/32.5 shock oil, gray spring in front, 29/27 ride height on a flowing high bite clay, 14-15 sec lap time. I've got a pretty bad on power push, especially coming out of a couple of 180 switch backs. What would be the first change to make? I like to slow before the turn and roll through but the only way I could get it to work was man the brake on the turn with slows momentum. No Bueno when running 17.5 blinky.
battery position?
a1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 06:46 PM   #900
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Sutter, California
Posts: 1,178
Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1 View Post
battery position?
I thin foam behind the battery
dpcardoza is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:33 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net