R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-02-2017, 11:22 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Offical Team Associated SC5M Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Wildcat1971
Team Associated SC5M Wiki Content.

Print Wikipost

Like Tree24Likes

Old 09-10-2015, 08:09 PM   #826
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAE View Post
They were b5M. Are black. The one on the back near the bumper is Schelle with some sort of black graphite looking stuff. Hoping this stuff is just for durability. Don't need the weight loss of the turnbuckles, so wasnt expecting to spend there... In any event, what does the vented slipper do? Also, aren't many of these little upgrades for stock?
vented slipper plates aid in slipper cooling. the alum C and D are for durability and tuning. The turnbuckles are for durability as well.
Old 09-13-2015, 05:27 PM   #827
Tech Adept

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by QDRHRSE View Post
If I could get the stiffer front springs that would be one thing that I'd recommend. I try to run all my cars the same. The box set up is a decent starting point. From there I only changed a few things. In the front I run 2mm under the ballstud, 0mm on the rack and 37.5 or 40 in the shocks. In the rear I run the link in the second longest position on the aluminum hubs, the ballstud mount -2, 1mm under the outside and inside ballstuds, and 35 or 37.5 in the rear shocks. I only ran the 40wt oil to accommodate the soft front springs and it worked well enough until I switched to Kyosho Yellows (I'm remembering now.....). Kyosho orange sc fronts might be even better.

I need to point out that I run the Kashima coated Fox shocks with the new style shafts. There's not a large selection of pistons so I run the 1.6s in the front and the 3 hole 1.4s in the rear. The truck and SC are opposite of the buggy and require more pack in front.

Last, D4 1s 17.5 w/52 degrees of timing, geared 75/24 with a slipper eliminator (I think its 24, could be 25),and a big ass square pack. I just bought a Protek 100c 4900 square in an effort to shed a few grams and get myself closer to weight while still having a little extra battery capacity since the SC is porkier than my other cars. The current 5800 squares I have weigh a ton.
I am going to be running mod, and just got those Protek batteries myself. I guess I'll have to do more tuning with it but that is a lot of good info to go off, thanks!
NeedsHobbyMoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 11:42 PM   #828
JAE
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default Tires

I'm sure this has been answered but couldn't find in the thread. What other SCT wheels/tires fit the sc5m. Looking to buy some used nobby tires from locals at a loose outdoor track. Thx

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedsHobbyMoney View Post
I am going to be running mod, and just got those Protek batteries myself. I guess I'll have to do more tuning with it but that is a lot of good info to go off, thanks!
JAE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 11:59 AM   #829
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAE View Post
I'm sure this has been answered but couldn't find in the thread. What other SCT wheels/tires fit the sc5m. Looking to buy some used nobby tires from locals at a loose outdoor track. Thx
Jc conepts Hazards +3 for SC10 4x4
Jc concepts Relux for SC10 4x4
Old 09-14-2015, 12:15 PM   #830
Tech Prophet

I use these.

http://www.avidrc.com/product/2/whee...-Y-wheels.html
Old 09-15-2015, 05:31 AM   #831
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat1971 View Post
I want to try the Avids, they look solid but somewhat light.
"Soon they will get everything they deserve. This isn't about trite elitism, but the otherwise intellectual and educated classes refusing to think for themselves. I call it situational ignorance, and painfully intolerable."

Stan Garvin
celt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 06:52 AM   #832
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by celt View Post
I want to try the Avids, they look solid but somewhat light.
So far they are spinning true after my 9 year old has done some pipe banging on high bite. I do wish they were dished, thought, lol. easier to clean dish wheels but dish just look dumb on the truck
Old 09-17-2015, 10:24 AM   #833
Tech Master

Quote:
So far they are spinning true after my 9 year old has done some pipe banging on high bite. I do wish they were dished, thought, lol. easier to clean dish wheels but dish just look dumb on the truck
Those JC hazards look like a standard SCT rim, but you can get the optional dish caps for them to give them that dish look if you want.
Old 09-17-2015, 10:34 AM   #834
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino_D View Post
Those JC hazards look like a standard SCT rim, but you can get the optional dish caps for them to give them that dish look if you want.
yeah, I actually have some of those dish covers from a door prize, lol. I just picked up the Avid wheels, because they are so awesome on my B5M.
Old 09-18-2015, 09:20 AM   #835
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Picking mine up today. Time to make another 17.5 killer. My SC10.1 is still kicking butt, but I love the way my B5m and T5m drive.
Jim Hustins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 04:46 PM   #836

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Jim, you are going to love the SC5M. Stiffer front and shorten the wheel base and it is a blast to drive. I can't wait til tomorrow to get it on a track again.
bds81175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 09:56 AM   #837
Tech Prophet

So, my daughter broke the front bumper on the truck. Any "mods" to help reduce the issue, besides not crashing. lol. She is 9 years old and working on that. Also, for those complaining about the truck nosing down....my daughter does not seem to have any issues with this. Maybe SRS just has smoother faces on the jumps.
Old 09-21-2015, 12:08 PM   #838
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default No issues here

4th race outdoors with my sc5 yesterday. I did change the front shock oil up from the standard 32.5 to 37.5 and that seems to have improved the front grip some. truck seems to be way more stable in the air than my sc10 counterparts and makes awkward landings seem like a breeze. Three firsts and a second out of 4 races. Also my 7 year old tried my truck out yesterday and dropped 2 seconds off his lap times right off the bat with no adjustments from my setup. I was amazed to say the least. He came off the track and said whatever my truck was he wants it now too. Guess I'm buying another.
slow1000rider03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 12:42 PM   #839
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow1000rider03 View Post
4th race outdoors with my sc5 yesterday. I did change the front shock oil up from the standard 32.5 to 37.5 and that seems to have improved the front grip some. truck seems to be way more stable in the air than my sc10 counterparts and makes awkward landings seem like a breeze. Three firsts and a second out of 4 races. Also my 7 year old tried my truck out yesterday and dropped 2 seconds off his lap times right off the bat with no adjustments from my setup. I was amazed to say the least. He came off the track and said whatever my truck was he wants it now too. Guess I'm buying another.
Best "out of the box" experience I've had in a good long time...
"Soon they will get everything they deserve. This isn't about trite elitism, but the otherwise intellectual and educated classes refusing to think for themselves. I call it situational ignorance, and painfully intolerable."

Stan Garvin
celt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 06:27 PM   #840
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Quote:
So, my daughter broke the front bumper on the truck. Any "mods" to help reduce the issue, besides not crashing. lol. She is 9 years old and working on that. Also, for those complaining about the truck nosing down....my daughter does not seem to have any issues with this. Maybe SRS just has smoother faces on the jumps.
Pics of broken bumper?
Truck seems to like throttle in the air/up the face, if she's a little heavy on the throttle, that's good!