R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-02-2017, 11:22 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Offical Team Associated SC5M Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Wildcat1971
Team Associated SC5M Wiki Content.

Print Wikipost

Like Tree18Likes

Old 01-02-2017, 02:52 PM   #2146
Tech Regular
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeye dan View Post
I am building an Sc5m and can not find Afro t bumper any where!! Has anyone seen any online or in a hobby store?
Of course this weekend my front bumper would break (not the bumper the oval piece that looks like a handle is cracked) I'm curious too if anyone can find one as well.
tylem28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 08:55 PM   #2147
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thank you aeRayls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastz28 View Post
The wheels you linked are +3mm offset wheels....
Thank you very much for setting me straight. I had read Towers page and DE's page and neither listed a + off set for that wheel. Just wanted to make sure I was legal.
Old 01-05-2017, 07:20 PM   #2148
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

what side does do you tighten the diff on the 3 gear trans. does the t-nut go on the motor side.
cbass722 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 08:26 PM   #2149
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbass722 View Post
what side does do you tighten the diff on the 3 gear trans. does the t-nut go on the motor side.
it goes on the same side as motor shaft / side to tighten the spur gear
tylem28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 10:39 PM   #2150
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylem28 View Post
it goes on the same side as motor shaft / side to tighten the spur gear
czrlaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 03:02 PM   #2151
Tech Rookie

Hi, guys! I have a few questions about SC5m.
1). What body do you tested and prefer?
I try 2 bodies Pro-Line Flo-Tek (1 on my HPI Blitz and another in SC5M kit) and Jconcepts HF2 Lightweight. HF2 was broken after first race day, and have bad control in the air. Flo-Tek have a lot of repairs and still cool and have a good control in the air.
Now I think what to buy: Jconcepts HF2 (not Lightweight), Jconcepts HF1 (HiFlow, not Lightweight), Pro-Line Flo-Tek Fusion? Or don't experiment and buy Pro-Line Flo-Tek?

2). Tyres. We have carpet local track. Best tyres is Schumacher MiniPin. What inserts do you prefer - closed cell or foam?
Also try Schumacher Stagger (yellow) with closed cell inserts in the front wheels - previous carpet have a good traction, but new carpet have understeer. What I can try? Reglue tyres with foam inserts? Or maybe you can advice some setup?

3). I have servo Highest DT750 and transmitter Sanwa MT-4s. My steering EPA on transmitter about 75. If try more - servo try to brake front arms. What's your steering EPA? I want to know - it's normal for SC5M or I do something wrong.
AlexeyLLIMEJIb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 04:41 PM   #2152
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexeyLLIMEJIb View Post
Hi, guys! I have a few questions about SC5m.
1). What body do you tested and prefer?
I try 2 bodies Pro-Line Flo-Tek (1 on my HPI Blitz and another in SC5M kit) and Jconcepts HF2 Lightweight. HF2 was broken after first race day, and have bad control in the air. Flo-Tek have a lot of repairs and still cool and have a good control in the air.
Now I think what to buy: Jconcepts HF2 (not Lightweight), Jconcepts HF1 (HiFlow, not Lightweight), Pro-Line Flo-Tek Fusion? Or don't experiment and buy Pro-Line Flo-Tek?

2). Tyres. We have carpet local track. Best tyres is Schumacher MiniPin. What inserts do you prefer - closed cell or foam?
Also try Schumacher Stagger (yellow) with closed cell inserts in the front wheels - previous carpet have a good traction, but new carpet have understeer. What I can try? Reglue tyres with foam inserts? Or maybe you can advice some setup?

3). I have servo Highest DT750 and transmitter Sanwa MT-4s. My steering EPA on transmitter about 75. If try more - servo try to brake front arms. What's your steering EPA? I want to know - it's normal for SC5M or I do something wrong.
EPA (end point adjustment) it sets the travel of the servo so you don't brake the arms off your truck. You have both left and right end points. I like to hold the steering wheel all the way left then as I'm doing that at the same time decrease the end point till the wheels start moving, or increase till they bottom out then do the right the same way. Good luck.
Boblosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 04:47 PM   #2153
Tech Apprentice

What's your favorite indoor clay tire's (and rims) for sc5m?
Old 01-09-2017, 07:25 PM   #2154
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boblosi View Post
What's your favorite indoor clay tire's (and rims) for sc5m?
M4 Primes. Any +3mm rim you like.
Old 01-09-2017, 11:35 PM   #2155
Tech Initiate

Default Spare parts

Are there any parts that seem extra fragile on this truck that you would recommend spare parts for? I bought a roller and relaced all the seals and shock arms on my shocks. I also relaced all 4 a arms. Anything else i should consider doing?
phinsfan76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 12:02 PM   #2156
Eli
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by phinsfan76 View Post
Are there any parts that seem extra fragile on this truck that you would recommend spare parts for? I bought a roller and relaced all the seals and shock arms on my shocks. I also relaced all 4 a arms. Anything else i should consider doing?
Remove the 2 screws on the bottom of the chassis that hold the front bumper/skid plate to the front end and pull back the skid plate/bumper and inspect the front chassis plate, usually if they are cracked they start from the holes and move outwards. I recently broke one (lawn darted a big triple) and finished a race day with it broken but am replacing it and the top deck since the top deck is what held it all together while the front chassis plate was broke so I suspect it got damaged as well.
Not saying to replace those two parts but at least pick up the spares and either put the new parts on and keep the old ones in case of an emergency.
Old 01-10-2017, 01:58 PM   #2157
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boblosi View Post
EPA (end point adjustment) it sets the travel of the servo so you don't brake the arms off your truck. You have both left and right end points. I like to hold the steering wheel all the way left then as I'm doing that at the same time decrease the end point till the wheels start moving, or increase till they bottom out then do the right the same way. Good luck.
Thanks, but I already know how to setup steering EPA. I want to know - what's your steering EPA settings?
My steering EPA about 75% on each wheel. If try more - servo try to turn arms. But I feel that my car have understeer in "hairpins" and "chicane" turns. I try to understand what's wrong - servo, car, tyres, setup or hands.
Old 01-10-2017, 03:15 PM   #2158
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexeyLLIMEJIb View Post
Thanks, but I already know how to setup steering EPA. I want to know - what's your steering EPA settings?
My steering EPA about 75% on each wheel. If try more - servo try to turn arms. But I feel that my car have understeer in "hairpins" and "chicane" turns. I try to understand what's wrong - servo, car, tyres, setup or hands.
Okay if you have your end points set full travel left and right the % of EPA most likely will not be the same left and right. Also will not be the same form one vehicle to another. Due to many things Radio, servo, ect. once I know that I'm not over loading the servo (breaking off arms) the %# is what it is, if I have to much steering I turn down the steering dual rate. One more thing make sure your steering servo is strong enough to hold under tight, and high speed turns on carpet. Talk to the fast guy's at the track your running for some setup advice.
Old 01-11-2017, 03:04 AM   #2159
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by phinsfan76 View Post
I use hard arms. I broke front bumper one time. And two times front plate.
Old 01-14-2017, 05:48 AM   #2160
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

I built a new ball diff using all new components including MIP kit 16110. After break in, the diff is very smooth but it has tight spots. I'm thinking the screw is either bent or the outdrive ring faces are not perpendicular to the small bearings axis. When tightening the diff screw, I don't crank it down and back it off. I lightly tighten it so the diff is pretty loose. I then slowly tighten during break in until I get desired tightness. I've broke in the diff, going both directions, for around 4 minutes each way. Could it be the diff is still not seated? They usually seem to be good after 2-3 minutes going each direction. Thoughts??
Bartman42 is offline   Reply With Quote