Wiki Posts
Search

Newbie......Tamiya XV-01 help please

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2015, 10:23 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Newbie......Tamiya XV-01 help please

Hi guys,
I’m after a bit of help (well quite a lot really). I’m totally new to LiPo, as in never used them before and I’m feeling really overwhelmed and confused right now.
I’ve just ordered a Tamiya XV-01 pro rally chassis from the US (I’m in the UK) so not got it in front of me to get any measurements. These kits are virtually impossible to track down right now. Anyway heres my story, I’m sure you’ll have had experience of (fingers crossed)….
I want to put the following components in the build what’s your feeling on it?

Battery: Turnigy 5200 30c 2s hard case LiPo (don’t know if this fits)
Charger: No idea too confused!! please suggest……
Servo: Savox 1251
ESC/Motor: Castle Combo - Sidewinder 3 - 5700kv or is this too much?

Please could someone tell me what connectors I would need to connect a Turnigy battery to a Castle Sidewinder 3 ESC? I don’t think the Castle has anything on its power wires? Do these need to be ordered seperately?
What would be a good charger to compliment this size battery. I doubt I’ll be going above 2S, so I don't need anything (batteries or charger) too fancy but would like it to be safe and fairly quick without being stupid about it.
One last thing, what sort of run time would one of the batteries give on an XV?

Sorry about asking these questions that must have been asked before (many times probably). I have tried to search for the answers on here and various other sites but through my lack of knowledge I just got more confused!!

There are just so many options for everything.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks in advance
Old 05-27-2015, 11:35 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SxJT
Hi guys,
I’m after a bit of help (well quite a lot really). I’m totally new to LiPo, as in never used them before and I’m feeling really overwhelmed and confused right now.
I’ve just ordered a Tamiya XV-01 pro rally chassis from the US (I’m in the UK) so not got it in front of me to get any measurements. These kits are virtually impossible to track down right now. Anyway heres my story, I’m sure you’ll have had experience of (fingers crossed)….
I want to put the following components in the build what’s your feeling on it?

Battery: Turnigy 5200 30c 2s hard case LiPo (don’t know if this fits)
Charger: No idea too confused!! please suggest……
Servo: Savox 1251
ESC/Motor: Castle Combo - Sidewinder 3 - 5700kv or is this too much?

Please could someone tell me what connectors I would need to connect a Turnigy battery to a Castle Sidewinder 3 ESC? I don’t think the Castle has anything on its power wires? Do these need to be ordered seperately?
What would be a good charger to compliment this size battery. I doubt I’ll be going above 2S, so I don't need anything (batteries or charger) too fancy but would like it to be safe and fairly quick without being stupid about it.
One last thing, what sort of run time would one of the batteries give on an XV?

Sorry about asking these questions that must have been asked before (many times probably). I have tried to search for the answers on here and various other sites but through my lack of knowledge I just got more confused!!

There are just so many options for everything.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks in advance
You will probably get more responses (especially for battery fitment) on the TC forums (the guys there are very friendly and helpful too)

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/index.php?showforum=3
Old 05-27-2015, 01:05 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks fella.
I'll head over there now