Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Has Ebuggy become a hackfest in your area? >

Has Ebuggy become a hackfest in your area?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Has Ebuggy become a hackfest in your area?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2015, 01:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Our track is the same way as far as attitudes. Lot of attitude from 2wd buggy, it's supposed to be fun. Nobody has more fun than the SCT guys at my track.
Old 05-05-2015, 02:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hinecken
Might just have to go SCT so I can at least have some fun with my son when he finally starts lapping me.
Yea got me thinking...My son is 7 right now and we play around at the park with my 1/10 4wd...and soon will get him going. Been doing this hobby for...god over 20 years.

Of all the classes I would have him get into..It will a be wheeler SCT. It looks like a real truck.... Built strong...and has traction for days. It's as close to closed wheel as you can get...so contact doesn't frustrate him as much.

It's funny because it's ironic...of all the things that make the class exciting for a dad like me with a 7 year old...it's a downfall in learning how to "drive" proper.
Old 05-05-2015, 02:47 PM
Tech Addict

I think the thing with ebuggy is that it has the looks, size, strength, speed and a lot less of the hassles of 1/8 nitro. All the things attractive to new racers.
With that, you get new racer driving standards.
Not much you can do about it really other than be patient (on and off the track) and try to help out and improve their driving.
Old 05-05-2015, 04:49 PM
Tech Master

No. Same as any class. There are going to be drivers with less skill then others, that means accidents usually on the first few corners of the first lap. If you have more skill you will avoid the accidents and come out near the front.
Old 05-05-2015, 07:14 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by R1Joel
No. Same as any class. There are going to be drivers with less skill then others, that means accidents usually on the first few corners of the first lap. If you have more skill you will avoid the accidents and come out near the front.
I'm not referring to accidents, I'm referring to aggressive driving and lack of etiquette. In my area ebuggy seems to be the largest offender of this. Sucks because it takes a lot of the enjoyment out of it for me.
Old 05-05-2015, 09:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 166 (100%+)

I'm not referring to accidents, I'm referring to aggressive driving and lack of etiquette. In my area ebuggy seems to be the largest offender of this. Sucks because it takes a lot of the enjoyment out of it for me.
For me, I notice it more with buggy drivers who run on huge outdoor tracks that cannot reel it in on smaller more technical indoor tracks. There is one person who rips it up outdoors, but is completely out if control on he smallish indoor truck I usually run on. I just try my best to avoid him, he will eventually overshoot a jump by like 15 feet and end up in his lid.
Old 05-05-2015, 09:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

It's really driver attitude. Doesn't matter what class you running. There's a group of guys who have total disregard for what's in front of them. Doesn't matter if you're 2WD or ebuggy, if you're on their line and they think they're faster than you, you're getting shunted. It's just exacerbated when they're driving ebuggy because of the size, speed and weight of the machines.
Old 05-05-2015, 11:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Chronic hacks are easy to deal with. I'm not talking about someone who can't control their car very well, but the guy that just doesn't give a crap. If he hacks you, hack him back if he doesn't stop and let you go ahead. If he's too fast or too far away to catch him, pull over and wait for him to come around and take him out. And tell him that you're keeping score, every time he hacks you he'll get payback. And it just might be when he's on a tq run. He can either learn to drive clean, or suffer the consequences. Trust me he'll learn.

I have a friend that has done that for years. He almost never gets hacked anymore. Only by the new guys that don't know any better....yet. Funny when he does get hacked they learn to not only pull over and make it right, but apologize too.

That's just proper etiquette. You take someone out you stop and make it right. I don't care if you're the leader and battling with 2nd place and he takes you out. He should stop and wait even if it means letting 3rd place by for the win.
Old 05-06-2015, 01:39 AM
Tech Master

I understand where you are coming from. Fortunetely in my area ebuggy seems to be the best behaved class.
Old 05-06-2015, 05:10 AM
Tech Master

2wd Mod and 4wd Mod are far and away the best behaved classes in this area. Ebuggy never used to be this way.
Old 05-06-2015, 07:01 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rcgod
Chronic hacks are easy to deal with. I'm not talking about someone who can't control their car very well, but the guy that just doesn't give a crap. If he hacks you, hack him back if he doesn't stop and let you go ahead. If he's too fast or too far away to catch him, pull over and wait for him to come around and take him out. And tell him that you're keeping score, every time he hacks you he'll get payback. And it just might be when he's on a tq run. He can either learn to drive clean, or suffer the consequences. Trust me he'll learn.

I have a friend that has done that for years. He almost never gets hacked anymore. Only by the new guys that don't know any better....yet. Funny when he does get hacked they learn to not only pull over and make it right, but apologize too.

That's just proper etiquette. You take someone out you stop and make it right. I don't care if you're the leader and battling with 2nd place and he takes you out. He should stop and wait even if it means letting 3rd place by for the win.
I somewhat agree and somewhat disagree with this. I'm all for payback, that's fine. But this whole "make it right" thing is so annoying. If you completely hack somebody the race director should be calling stop and goes. And in terms of battles I'm all for contact within reason. No take outs but don't forget, rubbin's racin'.
Old 05-06-2015, 07:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I honestly cant believe I got another ebuggy. not because of hacks but because of ppl acting like huge babies on the stand yelling at each other. "im goin to BEEP your BEEPing BEEP". its toy cars gentlemen. Acting like this just kills my mood and the point for me racing.

After a couple of years racing smaller classes like 1/10 that barely made(I race a lot outdoors) I just recently bought be another ebuggy cause they regularly have B and C mains. Do I still hate the attitudes and does it cause me to unfairly hate the car at times. Yep. But I want to race with more drivers. Im looking into just listening to music while racing. Maybe that will help.
Old 05-06-2015, 07:28 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by trick25
I honestly cant believe I got another ebuggy. not because of hacks but because of ppl acting like huge babies on the stand yelling at each other. "im goin to BEEP your BEEPing BEEP". its toy cars gentlemen. Acting like this just kills my mood and the point for me racing.

After a couple of years racing smaller classes like 1/10 that barely made(I race a lot outdoors) I just recently bought be another ebuggy cause they regularly have B and C mains. Do I still hate the attitudes and does it cause me to unfairly hate the car at times. Yep. But I want to race with more drivers. Im looking into just listening to music while racing. Maybe that will help.
That's why I run 4x4 SCT, nobody really complains we just have fun. I still race other classes but I know for a fact when I go up on the stand with that group it's going to be a fun race. Refreshing when I have to marshal for the cry babi...I mean 2wd buggy class.
Old 05-06-2015, 07:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mvrk28
That's why I run 4x4 SCT, nobody really complains we just have fun. I still race other classes but I know for a fact when I go up on the stand with that group it's going to be a fun race. Refreshing when I have to marshal for the cry babi...I mean 2wd buggy class.
I cant understand that. I used to like 4wd SC too. I race a lot of outdoors and I don't like the parachute and how a correctly landed SC sounds exactly like a horrible crash. lol. to each his own.

Maybe that's the best advise you can give. every track has a group of guys that are really just there about escaping the work week with some friends and some competition. And this class maybe different at some tracks. Some 4wd sc. some tracks ive seen it was 17.5 buggy, some spec slash....And race that class.
Old 05-06-2015, 07:38 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by trick25
I cant understand that. I used to like 4wd SC too. I race a lot of outdoors and I don't like the parachute and how a correctly landed SC sounds exactly like a horrible crash. lol. to each his own.

Maybe that's the best advise you can give. every track has a group of guys that are really just there about escaping the work week with some friends and some competition. And this class maybe different at some tracks. Some 4wd sc. some tracks ive seen it was 17.5 buggy, some spec slash....And race that class.
That's a pretty good way of looking at it, I can dig it. Don't get me wrong I love competitive racing. But if somebody takes me out it's not going to put a damper on my day. I just love running my rigs and wrenching. The day I get mad about a race or my setup is the day I sell my stuff. This is supposed to be fun. That's why I only run mod hahaha. If you're not pulling wheelies and spitting foams, you're going too slow!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.