Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree15Likes

Team Durango DEX8T

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2015, 10:22 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Cain
yeah, If they are anything like the buggy Tekno springs, they should fit, I may take a picture or two to show how well as it may be slightly more snug than the durangos. I know for a fact though that hot bodies springs won't fit, inner diameter too small.

I think jhautz said that kyosho's won't fit either.
Would be amazing as I took a chance and ordered the Tekno truggy springs (TKR6081/6091) and there is no diameter size notified.

Thanks!
Old 05-06-2015, 10:27 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

yeah the ET48 I got in came with like all the tekno springs for it and all the sway bars too lol.
Old 05-06-2015, 11:41 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cain
yeah, If they are anything like the buggy Tekno springs, they should fit, I may take a picture or two to show how well as it may be slightly more snug than the durangos. I know for a fact though that hot bodies springs won't fit, inner diameter too small.

I think jhautz said that kyosho's won't fit either.
Only worry about the spring sitting on the perch, you can flip the shock nut over and use it that way as a temporary solution. The Mugen springs work but are slight bit tight on the shock nut.
Old 05-06-2015, 12:16 PM
Tech Legend

I'll make sure and get that info too.
Old 05-06-2015, 03:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

Quick question...

Just took some measurements on my shocks, rears are indeed the 84mm. Shock body diameter (largest part) is 18.5mm diameter, springs seem to be in the 22mm area.

The tekno truggy springs are identified as: 1.6, does it mean 1.6cm (16mm) diameters? if so I will have to cancel my order...

Spring are fully preloaded, Rear height should be 40mm, I am at 33mm... same issue on front.
Old 05-06-2015, 04:04 PM
Tech Legend

I am home now, will check and confirm, but the inner diameter of the buggy ones at least I think were like 21mm from what jhautz said, again need to confirm.
Old 05-06-2015, 04:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Orph3o
Quick question...

Just took some measurements on my shocks, rears are indeed the 84mm. Shock body diameter (largest part) is 18.5mm diameter, springs seem to be in the 22mm area.

The tekno truggy springs are identified as: 1.6, does it mean 1.6cm (16mm) diameters? if so I will have to cancel my order...

Spring are fully preloaded, Rear height should be 40mm, I am at 33mm... same issue on front.
The tekno springs fit the Durango shocks. I tried them on my dex8. A little tight on the adjusting collar, but they fit.

The 1.6 in the tekno spring description is the diameter of the wire used to wind the spring I believe. 1.6mm wire diameter.
Old 05-06-2015, 04:41 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks Jhautz

I ordered both the 85 and the 90mm (green), I'll let you know how they fit when they'll be in.
Now onto understanding why those shocks are leaking so much...
Old 05-06-2015, 04:58 PM
Tech Legend

Thanks Jhautz

I ordered both the 85 and the 90mm (green), I'll let you know how they fit when they'll be in.
Now onto understanding why those shocks are leaking so much...
Here is some pics of fitment on rear DEX8 shocks:

Tekno spring on the left:

close up of Tekno spring on durango shocks:

Flipping the nurl nut as someone suggested would work excellent, though they do pop over the nurl nut.

as for your leaking issue, are you running the foam bladder spacers when using the caps in a vented manner?
Old 05-06-2015, 07:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

Lets try this!

Just realized I did not put in the blader screw on top of shock, leaks might have been coming from there... we'll see next time I test her. This might also have had an effect on overall stiffiness of the shocks (air going through).
I redid all four shocks tonight, however, couldn't get any "push back" from the shocks, not sure why.

now with this, I'll wait for the spring to get in and test them. Feeling the 85mm will be too long for front shocks, but at least I have options to raise her a little...

Quite bummed about the lack of responses from Durango though!
Old 05-07-2015, 07:29 AM
Tech Adept

Lets try this!

Just realized I did not put in the blader screw on top of shock, leaks might have been coming from there... we'll see next time I test her. This might also have had an effect on overall stiffiness of the shocks (air going through).
I redid all four shocks tonight, however, couldn't get any "push back" from the shocks, not sure why.

now with this, I'll wait for the spring to get in and test them. Feeling the 85mm will be too long for front shocks, but at least I have options to raise her a little...

Quite bummed about the lack of responses from Durango though!
hm...Still no reply? I already got my "repair" order (the springs) confirmed shipped via email two days ago.... This is the 2nd time I contacted TD/Hobbico for issues. First one was for my DEX408v2 buggy, got replacements for shock bodies, I believe because of incorrect parts. Their responses via emails were quite fast (replied next day and same day during work hours) and didn't give me any hassles. FYI, first time, both TD and Hobbico responded, this time only Hobbico.

Don't quote me on this but I think they're sending me the 52 gf/mm ones. I may eventually get another set of stiffer springs anyway.
Old 05-07-2015, 08:10 AM
Tech Apprentice

Nope not a single reply... I sent 2 mails to 5 different adresses.
Ended up calling hobicco directly, and sent picture this morning... We'll see what's next.

Also posted on Durango Facebook page, again posted pictures this morning as I can't get le driveshaft to be leveled on this setup.

We'll see...
Old 05-07-2015, 08:24 AM
Tech Legend

when you called them directly and explained the lack of response what did they say?

I got a batch of parts on the way to me right now, with I think the problematic lower shock pivot ball to be sent later as I think it was out of stock or something.
Old 05-07-2015, 08:30 AM
Tech Apprentice

Said nothing on this topic... Also I am canadian so this could be that I am not using the proper channel... but then, why the support on phone.
I am a bit puzzled by this whole experience.

On a good note, adding the bleed screws gave the shocks a little more resistance, I still suspect hard bottom out on landing but it's getting better. Maybe with the tekno springs the problem will be solved?

A dedicated Durango forum, administered by Durango people would be a great idea, right now, issues and solutions are spread everywhere and Durango seems to be slow on answering our concerns (and even more answering mine
Old 05-07-2015, 09:00 AM
Tech Adept

Said nothing on this topic... Also I am canadian so this could be that I am not using the proper channel... but then, why the support on phone.
I am a bit puzzled by this whole experience.

On a good note, adding the bleed screws gave the shocks a little more resistance, I still suspect hard bottom out on landing but it's getting better. Maybe with the tekno springs the problem will be solved?

A dedicated Durango forum, administered by Durango people would be a great idea, right now, issues and solutions are spread everywhere and Durango seems to be slow on answering our concerns (and even more answering mine
I'm Canadian too Toronto. I don't think that should be a problem. Did you buy your kit brand new ? Send them your serial number to prove if needed. btw, the serial number can track where you bought it from

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.