Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Looking for some advice...Batteries and Charger for SC10

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2015, 10:50 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Looking for some advice...Batteries and Charger for SC10

I've been involved in RC racing for 30 years but am just now getting back after about 5 years off. I have little to no knowledge of Li-po batteries and chargers. I will be racing indoor off-road with a 17.5 motor. What are the current numbers for competitive batteries and charging rates for the charger? Thanks in advance
Old 04-15-2015, 06:17 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AZBoomer
I've been involved in RC racing for 30 years but am just now getting back after about 5 years off. I have little to no knowledge of Li-po batteries and chargers. I will be racing indoor off-road with a 17.5 motor. What are the current numbers for competitive batteries and charging rates for the charger? Thanks in advance
The better question is what is your budget?

Unlimited?

Can't beat the iCharger 406 duo for it's ability to not only condition and lengthen a batteries life, but to also be able to charge at 40+ amps, and discharge at 40 amps.

For batteries there are a ton of opinions, but I will say you have two options. The Trinity Revtech shorty is VERY hard to beat, and they're turning out some of the best IR numbers you'll find bar-none. The Turnigy ultimate shorty is a close 2nd, you can sometimes get lucky and get some really good numbers, however they're still just a notch under the trinity pack.

For motors, the certified trinity short stack 17.5 is the best out there. The R1 wurks is close, as well as the hacker.