RC's that require multiple batteries.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RC's that require multiple batteries.

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2015, 12:29 PM
Tech Initiate

Default RC's that require multiple batteries.

I've been wondering, is there any way to run an rc that is wired for multiple batteries on just one? Will the lack of power not allow the truck/car to run but half of what is usually expected? Is there an adapter that you could use to connect only one battery to an rc wired for 2? I've found other posts that tell that most rc's wired for multiple batteries can run only one but that is where they left off. I'd love some more information.
Old 04-10-2015, 01:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JamieHester
I've been wondering, is there any way to run an rc that is wired for multiple batteries on just one? Will the lack of power not allow the truck/car to run but half of what is usually expected? Is there an adapter that you could use to connect only one battery to an rc wired for 2? I've found other posts that tell that most rc's wired for multiple batteries can run only one but that is where they left off. I'd love some more information.
Are you talking about cars that take a saddle configuration on the batteries? It kind of depends on what you give up.. if you give up half the voltage you will get half the speed, if you give have the amps you will get half the run time.

To me a worry would be lop-sided weight distribution. Unless you are running in an oval that generally does not help matters.
Old 04-10-2015, 03:27 PM
Tech Prophet

Got to be 4x4 SC with the 2s lipos i would know that .