Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

New Caster Racing USA S10B V4 4wd buggy

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2015, 11:03 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Gee, Rick. I see one result there where you managed to beat one of those Pradere guys. I don't see too many results like that. Good job!
Old 09-25-2015, 11:16 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bellgate
Gee, Rick. I see one result there where you managed to beat one of those Pradere guys. I don't see too many results like that. Good job!
LOL, yep And there has been many more of that in 2wd buggy lately
Old 09-25-2015, 11:20 AM
Tech Champion

posting this pic for a friend that just got done converting his V3.5 to the new V4
Old 09-25-2015, 11:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bring it on
posting this pic for a friend that just got done converting his V3.5 to the new V4
Is that the V4 chassis?
Old 09-26-2015, 08:43 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by likea45
Is that the V4 chassis?
yes
Old 09-26-2015, 08:55 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks for posting that picture for me rick, still cant post a picture here yet. anyways, I just finished the conversion but unfortunately have not been able to get it out to the track yet. I have to say that this is one of the easiest and most straight forward upgrade I have ever done. If someone just sat down and started on the conversion it would probably take a couple of hours at most without any instructions, it is that simple. I am looking forward to getting it out on the track and very stoked that I can use the shorty packs and no more saddles.
Old 09-29-2015, 05:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Just wanted to drop in and say thanks to Rick Jenkins @ crpplus.com for getting me hooked up with a new s10bv4 ! In the middle of getting it built and is one hell of a kit. Will post back later with some helpful tips that have been useful during the build.
Old 09-29-2015, 05:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

C'mon, we all KNOW Rick offers the very best Customer Service.

This wheeler is really peeking my damn interest. LOL
I simply LOVE all the alloy this kit includes and in particular, the bulkheads are extremely well thought out and developed.

The only critique I have is that (as a designer and car aficionado) I'd prefer the chassis to narrow up a bit. Perhaps the v5 will feature the servo rotated 90° but require a shorty so as to facilitate a narrower chassis.
Old 10-05-2015, 07:53 AM
Tech Champion

Indoor season is around the corner, I guess I will need to start building another V4 buggy for myself as I had to sell mine a few months ago...
Old 10-05-2015, 07:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

yeah, yeah, any ole excuse to justify buying a new toy! LOL
Old 10-06-2015, 11:44 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

just pulled out my v3.5 for some serious over due overhaul, to prep for my first real indoor clay track, not ready to convert to full v4 chassis as i dont have shorties to run, but wondering about a few things

my bevel gears are the e-clip type, do i need to get new gears to fit the threaded shafts? can i use button head screws on the old gears? is the new slipper drop in or did the length change for the new chassis? i just wanna know what to order... noticed the carbon braces for the old chassis are cheap!.. time to bling out....also its kinda funny to note, i just put together a set of 22-4 shocks i got for seriously cheap, and they come stock with 2 hole 1.6 and 1.7 pistons... gonna try the current combo of oil with these..

Last edited by the wrench; 10-06-2015 at 12:33 PM.
Old 10-06-2015, 02:04 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by the wrench
just pulled out my v3.5 for some serious over due overhaul, to prep for my first real indoor clay track, not ready to convert to full v4 chassis as i dont have shorties to run, but wondering about a few things

my bevel gears are the e-clip type, do i need to get new gears to fit the threaded shafts? can i use button head screws on the old gears? is the new slipper drop in or did the length change for the new chassis? i just wanna know what to order... noticed the carbon braces for the old chassis are cheap!.. time to bling out....also its kinda funny to note, i just put together a set of 22-4 shocks i got for seriously cheap, and they come stock with 2 hole 1.6 and 1.7 pistons... gonna try the current combo of oil with these..
The diff gears still run the e-clip inside.. the V4 center slipper will not fit. Threaded shafts?
Old 10-06-2015, 05:14 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

The diff gears still run the e-clip inside.. the V4 center slipper will not fit. Threaded shafts?
yea, threaded for screws, the center cv's that attach the drive pinions for the diffs, i barely remember having a hard time with c-clips that secure the gear to the outdrives... i havent taken apart my bulkheads since i build my caster almost 3 years ago! so kinda confused the pinion gears with the outdrives... i just hated those clips...

so, with the center slipper, i still have the original cups and shaft, is the old style for sale on the caster webstore have the updated shaft and cups? or do i need to buy separates to update?, i finally wore the cups bad enough that the backlash upsets the car

and finally, can you run saddles on the v4 chassis or is it strictly shorty compatable? and whats included in the update? whats in the photo or whats in the description?!...
Old 10-06-2015, 07:42 PM
Tech Regular

yea, threaded for screws, the center cv's that attach the drive pinions for the diffs, i barely remember having a hard time with c-clips that secure the gear to the outdrives... i havent taken apart my bulkheads since i build my caster almost 3 years ago! so kinda confused the pinion gears with the outdrives... i just hated those clips...

so, with the center slipper, i still have the original cups and shaft, is the old style for sale on the caster webstore have the updated shaft and cups? or do i need to buy separates to update?, i finally wore the cups bad enough that the backlash upsets the car

and finally, can you run saddles on the v4 chassis or is it strictly shorty compatable? and whats included in the update? whats in the photo or whats in the description?!...

The V4 is capable of running both shorty or saddle packs. You just do not install the frame for the shorty and the motor mount is turned in the same direction as the V3.5 car. So, yes you can very easily run saddle packs with the V4
Old 10-06-2015, 09:36 PM
Tech Champion

new hardened center slipper outdrives SKOP088
New updated center shafts SK143-05

As of now the V4 is only offered in shorty for USA BUT yes the chassis is designed to run either but not sure if the V3.5 upper decks would work on the V4 to run saddles... As far as details on the V4, all is listed on the Caster racing parts website.. I hope this helps

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.