R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree1Likes

Old 07-21-2015, 11:12 PM   #91
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the incubus View Post
Trust me when I tell you gear diffs are just the current trend but there is no way in hell anyone can tell me a slipper isn't superior. I have 2 cars, one with slipper the other with gear diff and a slipper allows you to fine tune to the point it's just easier to drive because it's smoother. And all this crap about different viscosities achieving the same effect of a slipper or better… BALONY!!!

I've tried every viscosity possible in all 3 of my gear diffs and they barely made any difference IF ANY at all in how it handled.

Word from he wise… Beware what you wish ferrrr'!

Slippers are where it's at and judging by how Rick is doing with this thing, there's no denying that. Willing to bet this car would be outright quicker initially with a center diff but would make it a handful to drive so lap times would ultimately drop a touch.
While I have no issue with a slipper nor anyone using it, I find the center dif in my Xb4 '15 changed the car for the better.

For starters acceleration is smoother and less wild for lack of a better term. It has also been my experience that on power steering improved with the center dif as well. When braking at the end of long straights the slipper always caused the car to pitch forward but the center diff stops this entirely. With how light this Caster car is, I think it could only benefit from a center dif, regardless of trends.
Old 07-22-2015, 12:13 AM   #92
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bring it on View Post
my offer still always stands with you as you left on great terms...
We will see
Quote:
Originally Posted by likea45 View Post
While I have no issue with a slipper nor anyone using it, I find the center dif in my Xb4 '15 changed the car for the better.

For starters acceleration is smoother and less wild for lack of a better term. It has also been my experience that on power steering improved with the center dif as well. When braking at the end of long straights the slipper always caused the car to pitch forward but the center diff stops this entirely. With how light this Caster car is, I think it could only benefit from a center dif, regardless of trends.
I agree with this. With all of the different vehicles ive driven, a properly tuned 4wd with a correctly setup center diff is usually an advantage. All depends on driving skill and style though, like everything else.
Old 07-22-2015, 12:10 PM   #93
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I'm confused. Is the SK10 a new buggy or just a name change?
littleZEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 02:33 PM   #94
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleZEN View Post
I'm confused. Is the SK10 a new buggy or just a name change?
SK10 is the name over seas but it is S10B in USA.. It is the USA race spec version and the V4 is the latest version of the USA S10B, now is S10BS, S standing for short battery pack version
Old 07-22-2015, 05:01 PM   #95
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

The most widespread problem I find with people who feel as you do is that their Slipper is more often than not cranks down so firmly it's essentially locked. This is a HUGE no-no with slippers as they are called slippers for a reason.

If you run a fully locked slipper and then introduce a gear diff, the free movement of the gear diff would feel like an improvement. Now if you run a car with a perfectly adjusted slipper and then ran a gear diff you'd immediately notice the twitchiness like I am experiencing.

Ran both extensively and did so back, to back, top back, to back, and the Slipper is considerably more stable under most conditions and though getting on power is not as brutally instant, they both hit top speed in about the same.
WWW.TRICOUNTYHOBBIES.COM :: WWW.CRPPLUS.COM
the incubus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 06:32 PM   #96
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Someone in marketing should do a little research Rick!

Really?

BS??!?!? LOL

That's almost as bad as when UPS made commercials to promote their new Slogan "What can Brown do for You?" The guy's name in the Superbowl commercial was Mahoney which is eerily close to Turds in Spanish… Mojones. Mo-Ho-Ness.

One of the worst marketing fails of all time.
WWW.TRICOUNTYHOBBIES.COM :: WWW.CRPPLUS.COM
the incubus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 11:44 PM   #97
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the incubus View Post
The most widespread problem I find with people who feel as you do is that their Slipper is more often than not cranks down so firmly it's essentially locked. This is a HUGE no-no with slippers as they are called slippers for a reason.

If you run a fully locked slipper and then introduce a gear diff, the free movement of the gear diff would feel like an improvement. Now if you run a car with a perfectly adjusted slipper and then ran a gear diff you'd immediately notice the twitchiness like I am experiencing.

Ran both extensively and did so back, to back, top back, to back, and the Slipper is considerably more stable under most conditions and though getting on power is not as brutally instant, they both hit top speed in about the same.
I'm not new to slippers nor their purpose and how to utilize them effectively. I ran a slipper in my b44.2 when I had it and again in my Dex410 and then again in my 2014 XB4. Especially with the xray, over-tightening of the slipper lead to destroyed dif gears in the car. I purposely ran my slipper loose in my '14 spec to avoid this. With all that said, to my driving tastes and style the center diff simply felt like someone lifting the veil off the car and for me it really came alive. I think Caster would be foolish to not offer this as a tuning option on what looks to be a great new car.
Old 07-23-2015, 02:28 AM   #98
Tech Adept

Default Beat me to it

Quote:
SK10 is the name over seas but it is S10B in USA.. It is the USA race spec version and the V4 is the latest version of the USA S10B, now is S10BS, S standing for short battery pack version
so the only one i can find listed in oz is the sk10 pro, so this would be the sb10 pro, has the alloy chassis and all the nice orange bits but not sure what v, as in 1, 2, 3 etc, east coast hobbies au, the price is crazy, i have seen aftermarket carbon chassis as i race 17.5 any more clarification would be great, thanks.
jagman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 02:42 PM   #99
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagman1 View Post
so the only one i can find listed in oz is the sk10 pro, so this would be the sb10 pro, has the alloy chassis and all the nice orange bits but not sure what v, as in 1, 2, 3 etc, east coast hobbies au, the price is crazy, i have seen aftermarket carbon chassis as i race 17.5 any more clarification would be great, thanks.
I'm not sure what you mean? Are you looking for the weight of the S10B Pro buggy?
The only buggy that is available right now is the S10BS V4
Old 07-23-2015, 04:03 PM   #100
Tech Adept

My apologies, when i said oz i meant Australia, that's the metric imperial thing again, i have found the sk10 pro available here but not the latest model that you are talking about, i am wondering wich version this would be
jagman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 08:34 PM   #101
Tech Elite

Looks like I will finally be able to race again this weekend. I sure hope so and sounds like Caster said they will be officially announcing the buggy in Oct.
Old 08-14-2015, 12:35 PM   #102
Tech Regular

Quote:
Looks like I will finally be able to race again this weekend. I sure hope so and sounds like Caster said they will be officially announcing the buggy in Oct.
Very nice...
Old 08-16-2015, 06:32 PM   #103
Tech Elite

Well, I went to the track today but there was only a 2wd buggy class No 4wd so maybe next time.
Old 08-17-2015, 02:57 PM   #104
Tech Regular

Quote:
Well, I went to the track today but there was only a 2wd buggy class No 4wd so maybe next time.
Sounds like bama. Here lately it's been one 2wd and one 4wd buggy. Kinda sux!
Old 08-18-2015, 08:47 AM   #105
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy Marsh View Post
Sounds like bama. Here lately it's been one 2wd and one 4wd buggy. Kinda sux!
ya, Sundays here is slow but Fridays there is always a 4wd buggy class