R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 10-14-2002, 03:57 PM   #1
Tech Adept
Send a message via AIM to B3boy
Arrow Fantom FR12 !!!

I really need a new engine for my GT. My old OS CV-X just isn't cuttin it for me anymore. (probably cause the air filter fell of a few too many times )

Anyways, I don't really have that much money so I want a decent engine (about 1 hp) but good quallity. I was reading in the RCCA article about their hardcore TC3 and they equipted it with a Fantom FR12. For like a whole paragraph they were braggin about how good it was.

The FR12 has a claimed 1.15 hp so that meets my needs, and it is also really cheap! I went to this online hobby store, i forgot what it was, but the price was only like $120 for a rotary carb, rear exhaust engine with a pull-starter.

I thought this was a pretty good deal, plus RCCA liked it so I don't know how I could go wrong. If anybody knows anything about this engine please tell me cause I don't want to buy a peice of crap.

B3boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2002, 04:07 PM   #2
Tech Initiate
Default Fantom engines

I have a FR15 in my hpi mt racer, and for the money, the thing is amazing! if you go to fantomracing.com you can see all the stats the engines rev into the sky!!! They are a top-end type of powerband as a result. At first this concerned me but even off the line it was fast--I dropped one tooth on the clutch bell and wow it takes off like a dragster and tops out much higer than all my buddys! It starts every time (one pull) and has been reliable through 2 gallons (no change in compression!) the carb is 3 way adjustable and in the climate I am in I have been needing to adjust it quite often to keep it running at its peak (due to weather changes). I fully recomend the fantom--they are great and a well kept secret at this point, but they are building a reputation quick!--I have never heard a bad word about them and on ebay as we speak there are 3 available new in box for under 100.00!! Good luck and no I am not selling them just goto ebay and type fantom 12 or fantom 15 -- I dont think you will be dissapointed....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mvc-002f.jpg (50.9 KB, 441 views)
Zuperfastone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2002, 11:09 AM   #3
Tech Rookie
Send a message via ICQ to Lost Racer Send a message via AIM to Lost Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Lost Racer

I've had the FR12 for a little under a year now..that thing is very fast. You can pick it up at www.stormerhobbies.com. And rebuilding them is cheap as well. I've ran sone serious nitro through mine and its still going strong.
Lost Racer is offline   Reply With Quote