Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Money Races

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2015, 11:30 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Some fast guy is going to sandbag to get a high "handicap" then lay it down in the mains just to win a slice of the $2500. Good times, good times.
Old 03-26-2015, 11:53 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EricW
Some fast guy is going to sandbag to get a high "handicap" then lay it down in the mains just to win a slice of the $2500. Good times, good times.
Its definitely going to be interesting to see how the teams get paired up off of a algorithm. I agree theres going to be guys sand baging unless theres something in the team selection process thats not being mentioned. Either way I hoping for a good turnout. I havent seen a big 1/10 turn out in Houston in over 10 years.
Old 03-26-2015, 12:54 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Have the Quals be like a dial-in and if you breakout (go too fast) during the race you get DQ. This will prevent sandbagging.
Old 03-26-2015, 12:54 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Beaker151
Its definitely going to be interesting to see how the teams get paired up off of a algorithm. I agree theres going to be guys sand baging unless theres something in the team selection process thats not being mentioned. Either way I hoping for a good turnout. I havent seen a big 1/10 turn out in Houston in over 10 years.
They could control sandbagging with breakout rules.
Old 03-26-2015, 09:17 PM
Tech Addict

Default Update on Sand Bagging prevention

Ok I went by the track today and asked about if there was anything in place to prevent or deter sand bagging. I was told yes there is and it will be explained in detail to the races before the races started.

This is was I was told:

The penalty for being caught sand bagging will be automatic DQ for not just the driver but the teams they are on; not just the team they are on for that class. So if a racer caught sand bagging and is racing in 2 classes both of those teams that driver is on will be DQ'd and remove from the building ASAP.

The protocol for reviewing someone suspected of sand bagging and possible DQ is what will be explained before racing starts.

So it sounds like if you are caught sand bagging you aren't just risking yourself your risking the money chances for the guys your teamed up with.

As I can get more info I will post up. I am new to cash races so I am curious to hear guys thoughts to how this track is going about handling a cash race.
Old 03-26-2015, 09:37 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

This race sounds like a mess.
Old 03-26-2015, 10:01 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Socket
This race sounds like a mess.
Lol I have been told a cash race in RC is like going to a rough biker bar. Honestly I think its a very different approach to a cash race. They are trying to have a fair way to select teams that gives everyone a chance.

I personally like a good big race and this is the first I have seen in Houston for a long time. For me the money is a perk but by no means did I get into RC to make money; I would have had a better chance being a pro baseball player.

Though to hear how some guys react to lose out on winning a $100 in a cash race is no better than how some parents act at their kids sporting events.

I will race this race and have fun with it. If someone wants to act like a spoiled brat and throw a fit then I will have the phone ready to capture it on video and post up on youtube.
Old 03-27-2015, 06:20 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by jjahn
They could control sandbagging with breakout rules.
I was just going to post this but you beat me to it.
Old 03-27-2015, 06:23 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by Beaker151
Ok I went by the track today and asked about if there was anything in place to prevent or deter sand bagging. I was told yes there is and it will be explained in detail to the races before the races started.

This is was I was told:

The penalty for being caught sand bagging will be automatic DQ for not just the driver but the teams they are on; not just the team they are on for that class. So if a racer caught sand bagging and is racing in 2 classes both of those teams that driver is on will be DQ'd and remove from the building ASAP.

The protocol for reviewing someone suspected of sand bagging and possible DQ is what will be explained before racing starts.

So it sounds like if you are caught sand bagging you aren't just risking yourself your risking the money chances for the guys your teamed up with.

As I can get more info I will post up. I am new to cash races so I am curious to hear guys thoughts to how this track is going about handling a cash race.
Seems tough. You get teamed up with a jackass that sandbags and gets caught your race day is over too? I hope this works out and it's a great event but it has potential for a 14+ page rctech post after it's all said and done.
Old 03-27-2015, 07:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

In the end the results will be dictated by basic human nature. I am sure there will be some drama on hand.