Looking into getting a Mugen Mbx7t Eco.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Looking into getting a Mugen Mbx7t Eco.

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2015, 09:16 PM
Tech Adept

Default Looking into getting a Mugen Mbx7t Eco.

I've been looking into getting a truggy now for a little while and I think I'm set on the Mugen Mbx7t Eco. It seems to be a very highly acclaimed kit and I think I will enjoy it a bunch. This decision is not completely set in stone but I've done quite a bit of research on them and not many negative things are said. I know that many people on here race but I will be bashing it the majority of the time and racing at friends track for fun from time to time.

I also own a Losi 8ight E 2.0 buggy and love it to death. Many people seem to own both a truggy and buggy and I'm hoping there is a enough difference there between the two to make my purchase worthwhile.

Anyways here is what I have so far from Amain

Mbx7t Eco Kit
Tekin Rx8 2050kv Combo
Hitec 7955tg Servo
R210gf futaba receiver (4pl)
Badlands 3.8 M2
Proline VTR 4.0 zero offset wheels

I don't think I missed anything. I'll decide on paints at my lhs. I would just like to know if I'm on the right track.

I was looking into getting some spare a arms since some people seem to have problems as well as skid plates. Not sure if the de racing skidplates are solely for the buggy though. Is there anything else I should be concerned with?

Thanks.
Old 03-23-2015, 09:49 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

If your gonna run Tekin. Get the truggy combo tektt2326. It's just for truggies. I love my mugen for racing. I've only broken 2 arms in a year. But for bashing it wouldn't hurt to order front arms. As far as skid plates, they are fine for bashing but don't use them while racing.
Old 03-23-2015, 10:34 PM
Tech Adept

Yes thanks you.

I had that combo originally, It just slipped my mind when typing. Also I have some 4s SMC 6500mah batteries that I hope to use with it so I'm hoping the combo will work without temps getting to high. Also If anyone has the battery tray dimensions that would be great so I can confirm my batteries fit.

So basically all it needs is the lower a arms if anything? Proline says their VTR 4.0 wheels will work with the 3.8 badlands with a bit of stretching. I shouldn't concern myself with this at all correct?

I'd hate to miss something small and make another order.
Old 03-24-2015, 12:04 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Those batteries will fit. I run the 2000 setup with smc 6500 packs. Temps are fine to.
Old 03-24-2015, 03:30 PM
Tech Rookie

I was about to buy MBX7T eco too, but then I decided to wait for Mbx7tR which will be released in a couple of months.
Why? Stronger A arms.
Old 03-24-2015, 05:59 PM
Tech Adept

Chances are the MBX7TR will be $599 whereas the the regular one right now is $479. That's quite a bit of a arms and that's only if they break. Does anyone know if the A arms will be stronger on the R version or is it just an assumption?
Old 03-24-2015, 09:24 PM
Tech Rookie

7t still costs 540€ (590usd) in my country and because of shipping ($40 from amain) and import taxes, it's still cheaper for me to buy in my LHS than ordering it on the Internet. So for that money I'll just wait to get the best bang for the buck.
Yes, the A arms thing is just an assumption.
Old 05-09-2015, 11:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I'm holding out for the 7tr as well... Assuming there will be a new driveline, possible geometry changes.. does anyone have an approximate release date? Ready to get one, just don't want to buy one when there is soon to be one with the newest additions.. Like when I bought my two buggies the 7R came out within a month. :/
Old 07-22-2015, 07:35 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by rchogfan
I'm holding out for the 7tr as well... Assuming there will be a new driveline, possible geometry changes.. does anyone have an approximate release date? Ready to get one, just don't want to buy one when there is soon to be one with the newest additions.. Like when I bought my two buggies the 7R came out within a month. :/
I am on the same boat waiting for the 7TR, I emailed them and they have no ETA on the release, they said to keep looking on the facebook page