Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread >

Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread

Like Tree219Likes

Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 09-05-2022, 08:19 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: rustyus
Welcome to the SCT410.3 Wiki!

7.26.17 - BB
In order to run the recommended team setup, you need the following optional parts:
TKR6106 Orange LF Springs
TKR6114 Green LF Springs
TKR6018 composite shock caps (built to emulsion) OR TKR8702 Aluminum Emulsion Shock caps
TKR8027 Shock Stand Offs
TKR6051 8x1.3 pistons(drilled to 1.4mm)
TKR8104 .4 bellcranks
TKR8100 .4 ackerman
TKR5545B HRC Hubs
You also need the Aluminum C Block (others can stay composite)

What option parts should I consider buying with a new kit?
None are required but we recommend the following:

TKR5161 – V2 Adjustable Hinge Pin Brace “A” block, 7075 CNC, EB/NB/ET/NT/SCT) - Helps to improve durability on hard crashes.

TKR5163 – V2 Adjustable Hinge Pin Brace “C” block, 7075 CNC, EB/NB/ET/NT/SCT) - Helps to improve durability on hard crashes.

TKR5545B – HRC Rear Hubs (L/R, CV or uni, SCT.3/SL) - Improves stability of the rear on mid to corner exit. Allows harder acceleration on corner exit.

TKR6146 - CNC Delrin Shock Cartridge Set

TiNi Shock Shafts
-TKR6004T (front)
-TKR6017T (rear)

What spare parts should I keep on hand?
TKR5020 – Hinge Pins (inner, front/rear)
TKR5516 – Front Suspension Arms and TKR5515 – Rear Suspension Arms
TKR5542 – Spindle Carriers - TKR5541B Spindles
TKR6009 – Shock O-Ring and Bladder Set (for 2 shocks)

Tips and Tricks

List of Vehicle Setup Adjustments and Build Tips can be found here. There are several videos and articles detailing the building of shocks, diffs, camber links, etc.

Use steering stops/limiter washers... more info here.

Setup Sheets:
Setup sheets for all Tekno RC vehicles can be found here. Please be sure to try our recommended setup. It works very well on most tracks.

Hinge Pin Insert Chart:

Warranty Policy:
Tekno RC is the only company in the industry that will give 50% off of parts if returned to them using the General Warranty return policy found on their website. The parts can be lightly used or completely abused, as long as the part is still being produced it's covered!

Piston Drills:
Some of our setups recommend using pistons that are enlarged. For instance 4x1.9 or 3x2.0. To drill the pistons we recommend the following:
GMK Supply Piston Drill Set
16PC Metric Bit Set Metric Sizes 2.00 to 3.00 MM.

Print Wikipost

Old 12-09-2016, 04:19 AM
mkl
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I've liked the FTW/Snow's Design Diamondback body.
Old 12-09-2016, 06:05 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by shadaloo
10-4, I was just looking for more opinions since there were only like 2-3 replies. Ill probably try the Proline Flotek Raptor (non-flotek looks awful) body finally, seems like a popular choice.
Do they have the Raptor clear pre-cut?
Old 12-09-2016, 06:13 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JoeRC123
Do they have the Raptor clear pre-cut?

Yeah they do, its expensive tho... But almost worth it!!! Cutting the vents is pretty awful.
Old 12-09-2016, 10:04 AM
Tech Adept

Yeah they do, its expensive tho... But almost worth it!!! Cutting the vents is pretty awful.
How much? I couldn't find it.
Old 12-09-2016, 10:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Also picking the best body for racing is so hard.... My JC Raptor Xflow handles and jumps sooooo much better than my JC Illuzion HF.... In wanting to get another practice body since my HF is shreaded, and I want to use my Raptor for racing only. Thinking about getting another JC Raptor Xflow, or a Proline Flotek Raptor. Not sure how the Proline handles since I haven't owned one. What's everyone's top choices for bodies??

proline flotek raptor

proline flotek fusion

::edit:: after looking a bit more, I feel like the 2 I linked both look nice. I haven't tried proline on sct yet, but the flotek bodies seem legit and worth a try. I want a aggressive front end, and good antiparashute.
Interesting that you said that about the JC Illuzion HF, we just started running that body and love it. We're not cutting it out at all and have run it indoor and outdoor. I'll have to pick up the Raptor one you mentioned and give that a try to compare.
The only body I wouldn't run is the EVO. It's really designed for 2wd and works great for that but on a 4wd it's way to much front downforce.
Old 12-09-2016, 10:22 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Matthew_Armeni
The only body I wouldn't run is the EVO. It's really designed for 2wd and works great for that but on a 4wd it's way to much front downforce.
Matt, interesting you say that. I just started running the fusion body, and it's in air characteristics aren't very flattering. I was debating rattle canning the illusion f250 body and seeing if it acted better.
Old 12-09-2016, 10:23 AM
Tech Adept

Default Traction Role

Our indoor track was rebuilt 2 or 3 weeks ago and seems to have more traction more consistently than it use to. They are keeping it more moist. I've been fighting traction roll entering the turns off throttle for a while. I've changed stuff and changed it back with limited success. I looked back thru my race notes at my changes over the past few weeks to see when it started and what I had done. My notes looks like it may have started after going to a softer rear spring Y to G. But the other day I went G to P in rear and it seemed better until next race day. Then it was back to rolling. Another time, I raised droop and it worked decent until next time racing. Then it was back again. I looked again last night at my notes. Only thing that I haven't changed back that I did during that period was going from 7 10 5 diffs to 10 10 5?? Not sure if the thicker front diff oil would cause it? Any input would be appreciated and I've attached my set-up sheet.
Attached Thumbnails Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread-410.3.jpg  
Old 12-09-2016, 10:29 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

assuming the tires are still the choice to use, maybe try this:

- next level up sway bars all around
- raise up camber link on rear tower 1 position
- limit rear droop more
- lower ride height
- less rear toe

Here on high traction carpet we fight the traction roll issue. Guys have different takes on there setups, one runs pretty light diffs, other heavier. other items though look very similar.

I would say though that if your traction has come up even more, maybe the tires are not the hot ticket as they are. Maybe try a set that is more worn so you get a bit more drift.

Something came in the mail today, excited to see what it is when I get home from work
Old 12-09-2016, 01:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cain
assuming the tires are still the choice to use, maybe try this:

- next level up sway bars all around
- raise up camber link on rear tower 1 position
- limit rear droop more
- lower ride height
- less rear toe

Here on high traction carpet we fight the traction roll issue. Guys have different takes on there setups, one runs pretty light diffs, other heavier. other items though look very similar.

I would say though that if your traction has come up even more, maybe the tires are not the hot ticket as they are. Maybe try a set that is more worn so you get a bit more drift.

Something came in the mail today, excited to see what it is when I get home from work
Welcome back Cain!
Old 12-09-2016, 01:31 PM
Tech Master

I'd agree with everything Cain said minus the going up on the rear camber link. If you're traction rolling into a turn off power the first thing I would do is go to a higher rear roll center. You already have the rear at the highest roll center position so you'll have to do some other things. Lowering the ride height is the biggest thing I see. I run 19mm front and rear with the body mounted at SDRC (high traction indoor clay track) so 24mm would be monster trucking for me . Also 4 degrees of toe is a lot. I usually run 2.5 or 3 degrees everywhere I go. Another thing is you have a very high roll center in the front which can make the truck feel hard to control under braking or off power. I would definitely go up on the tower in the front to the middle hole, if not all the way to the top. Another thing, if you don't already have them I would pick up the HRC rear hubs for the SC, should help since you're already at the max for rear roll center this will get you a little more. I would go down in the front sway as 2.6mm is thicker than we normally run. When you start running a sway bar that's too thick it causes handling inconsistencies as it's overpowering the springs. Go up in the rear after you've felt the change that going down in the front made. Also put the center and rear braces back on, you might have too much chassis flex adding too much rear traction as well.
Old 12-09-2016, 01:39 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ezlight
Matt, interesting you say that. I just started running the fusion body, and it's in air characteristics aren't very flattering. I was debating rattle canning the illusion f250 body and seeing if it acted better.
The Pro-Line Flo-Tek Fusion? I haven't run it but there's a guy that we race with that does and he really likes it.
I ran the Illuzion F-250 body a couple of times but I was testing some stuff on the truck that didn't work that well so I have an unfair bad association with it, lol. I want to give it another chance because it has the built in wing in the back but I haven't had the time to get another one and my current one works so well.
Old 12-09-2016, 03:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Also picking the best body for racing is so hard.... My JC Raptor Xflow handles and jumps sooooo much better than my JC Illuzion HF.... In wanting to get another practice body since my HF is shreaded, and I want to use my Raptor for racing only. Thinking about getting another JC Raptor Xflow, or a Proline Flotek Raptor. Not sure how the Proline handles since I haven't owned one. What's everyone's top choices for bodies??

proline flotek raptor

proline flotek fusion

::edit:: after looking a bit more, I feel like the 2 I linked both look nice. I haven't tried proline on sct yet, but the flotek bodies seem legit and worth a try. I want a aggressive front end, and good antiparashute.
Interesting...I hated the jcon raptor. It didn't handle for me and make the truck a lot more difficult to drv. It was just too loose especially in turns. I was alternating between it and a jcon titan and liked the titan a lot more. I need 2 put some more time in on the 250. So far I'm not feeling it too much, but a lot of people like them. I haven't tried my jcon h2f yet. I really like the way my fusion handles (turns & jumps). I liked the evo too. So far the fusion is the body I like best. Would like the try it vs the titan and fusion side by side as there was prob at least a yr between me owning the two.
Old 12-09-2016, 07:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I'm going to try a 3400kv hobbywing on 2S, has anyone run this and if so do you remember what pinion gear you were running? thank you in advance, I've tried searching but can only find a few that ran it but no specifics.
Old 12-09-2016, 07:47 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Matthew_Armeni
I'd agree with everything Cain said minus the going up on the rear camber link. If you're traction rolling into a turn off power the first thing I would do is go to a higher rear roll center. You already have the rear at the highest roll center position so you'll have to do some other things. Lowering the ride height is the biggest thing I see. I run 19mm front and rear with the body mounted at SDRC (high traction indoor clay track) so 24mm would be monster trucking for me . Also 4 degrees of toe is a lot. I usually run 2.5 or 3 degrees everywhere I go. Another thing is you have a very high roll center in the front which can make the truck feel hard to control under braking or off power. I would definitely go up on the tower in the front to the middle hole, if not all the way to the top. Another thing, if you don't already have them I would pick up the HRC rear hubs for the SC, should help since you're already at the max for rear roll center this will get you a little more. I would go down in the front sway as 2.6mm is thicker than we normally run. When you start running a sway bar that's too thick it causes handling inconsistencies as it's overpowering the springs. Go up in the rear after you've felt the change that going down in the front made. Also put the center and rear braces back on, you might have too much chassis flex adding too much rear traction as well.
Thanks guys. I will look into these suggestions next time at the track (Tuesday). 24 on the ride height was just the last setting I tried. I tried 23 too I think. If I remember right, I couldn't get the front much lower than that for some reason
Old 12-09-2016, 09:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Matt1970
Thanks guys. I will look into these suggestions next time at the track (Tuesday). 24 on the ride height was just the last setting I tried. I tried 23 too I think. If I remember right, I couldn't get the front much lower than that for some reason
Question, on both the c and d blocks, the setup is on the bottom holes. Can't you move those up to raise the roll center to get a little more? Which adjustment affects roll center more, the shock towers or the blocks?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.