Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree219Likes

Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 09-05-2022, 08:19 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: rustyus
Welcome to the SCT410.3 Wiki!

7.26.17 - BB
In order to run the recommended team setup, you need the following optional parts:
TKR6106 Orange LF Springs
TKR6114 Green LF Springs
TKR6018 composite shock caps (built to emulsion) OR TKR8702 Aluminum Emulsion Shock caps
TKR8027 Shock Stand Offs
TKR6051 8x1.3 pistons(drilled to 1.4mm)
TKR8104 .4 bellcranks
TKR8100 .4 ackerman
TKR5545B HRC Hubs
You also need the Aluminum C Block (others can stay composite)

What option parts should I consider buying with a new kit?
None are required but we recommend the following:

TKR5161 – V2 Adjustable Hinge Pin Brace “A” block, 7075 CNC, EB/NB/ET/NT/SCT) - Helps to improve durability on hard crashes.

TKR5163 – V2 Adjustable Hinge Pin Brace “C” block, 7075 CNC, EB/NB/ET/NT/SCT) - Helps to improve durability on hard crashes.

TKR5545B – HRC Rear Hubs (L/R, CV or uni, SCT.3/SL) - Improves stability of the rear on mid to corner exit. Allows harder acceleration on corner exit.

TKR6146 - CNC Delrin Shock Cartridge Set

TiNi Shock Shafts
-TKR6004T (front)
-TKR6017T (rear)

What spare parts should I keep on hand?
TKR5020 – Hinge Pins (inner, front/rear)
TKR5516 – Front Suspension Arms and TKR5515 – Rear Suspension Arms
TKR5542 – Spindle Carriers - TKR5541B Spindles
TKR6009 – Shock O-Ring and Bladder Set (for 2 shocks)

Tips and Tricks

List of Vehicle Setup Adjustments and Build Tips can be found here. There are several videos and articles detailing the building of shocks, diffs, camber links, etc.

Use steering stops/limiter washers... more info here.

Setup Sheets:
Setup sheets for all Tekno RC vehicles can be found here. Please be sure to try our recommended setup. It works very well on most tracks.

Hinge Pin Insert Chart:

Warranty Policy:
Tekno RC is the only company in the industry that will give 50% off of parts if returned to them using the General Warranty return policy found on their website. The parts can be lightly used or completely abused, as long as the part is still being produced it's covered!

Piston Drills:
Some of our setups recommend using pistons that are enlarged. For instance 4x1.9 or 3x2.0. To drill the pistons we recommend the following:
GMK Supply Piston Drill Set
16PC Metric Bit Set Metric Sizes 2.00 to 3.00 MM.

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2016, 07:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcnewbie418
Ok, I've had this truck about 6 months. Love Tekno, have/had their buggies. No issues. For this truck, I've run it on loose outdoor and now a few times indoor on clay. The truck has the battery mod and I've had no issues with nose down (actually lands great), BUT for the life of me can't get the rear planted. It's pretty good in and out of the tight turns within a track but going down a straight into a sweeper kills me every time. I have to let up just to make the turn (or oversteer) without the rear spinning out while other trucks go right through it. I've tried everything (hubs forward, springs, oils, shocks up/down, long links, etc). I'm just starting to accept that with the battery mod, this truck just can't get that balance to hit a sweeper full speed. Just don't know if I'm still missing something, my skill level (racing about a year) or do I just learn to drive what the truck will give? I don't really have a question here, just ranting I guess..carry on.
I believe what you need to do is induce a little more roll in the rear. At high speed this will help plant the rear so it doesn't want to rotate. Be careful with inducing too much roll as this will prevent the truck from steering in the corners. Best thing is to move the rear camber link up on the tower. After you've tried that, possibly going to one spring lower on the rear or moving the rear shocks in on the rear tower could help too. Wouldn't recommend the last two until you tried going up on the rear tower camber link.
Old 11-17-2016, 03:53 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ezlight
Yes it does. You'll need the extended body posts. Not optimal for racing, but perfectly find for bashing.
Thank you for your help...Yeah...i will get the othor body shell for Bashing.
Old 11-17-2016, 05:55 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MattDub
I believe what you need to do is induce a little more roll in the rear. At high speed this will help plant the rear so it doesn't want to rotate. Be careful with inducing too much roll as this will prevent the truck from steering in the corners. Best thing is to move the rear camber link up on the tower. After you've tried that, possibly going to one spring lower on the rear or moving the rear shocks in on the rear tower could help too. Wouldn't recommend the last two until you tried going up on the rear tower camber link.
Matt, wouldn't a softer rear sway bar be a tuning option to address this?
Old 11-17-2016, 06:36 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

[QUOTE=raved007;14736614]
Originally Posted by rcnewbie418
Ok, I've had this truck about 6 months. Love Tekno, have/had their buggies. No issues. For this truck, I've run it on loose outdoor and now a few times indoor on clay. The truck has the battery mod and I've had no issues with nose down (actually lands great), BUT for the life of me can't get the rear planted. It's pretty good in and out of the tight turns within a track but going down a straight into a sweeper kills me every time. I have to let up just to make the turn (or oversteer) without the rear spinning out while other trucks go right through it. I've tried everything (hubs forward, springs, oils, shocks up/down, long links, etc). I'm just starting to accept that with the battery mod, this truck just can't get that balance to hit a sweeper full speed. Just don't know if I'm still missing something, my skill level (racing about a year) or do I just learn to drive what the truck will give? I don't really have a question here, just ranting I guess..carry on.[/QUOT

Try something new if not fit to your driving skills. I have tekno 410.3 with ton of upgrade I just sold here. I am not bashing this thread I love tekno products most durable kit that I have same with xray but my driving skills not fit so i try to get SCTE 3.0 and my driving skills fit easier to drive than tekno. My local track never beat tekno guy sponsor since we're both tekno but when i got the SCTE 3.0 lucky i beat him twice in race.
Thanks for the input (other guys too). I think you nailed it though on driving style/skill. I'm going to try the suggested changes this weekend, but i think you might be right. Yeah Tekno's awesome. Ran an EB48.2 all spring and summer and it was great. The .3 is in my shopping cart as we speak. But for SC...we'll see. Thanks guys
Old 11-17-2016, 06:50 AM
Tech Master

[QUOTE=rcnewbie418;14738385]
Originally Posted by raved007

Thanks for the input (other guys too). I think you nailed it though on driving style/skill. I'm going to try the suggested changes this weekend, but i think you might be right. Yeah Tekno's awesome. Ran an EB48.2 all spring and summer and it was great. The .3 is in my shopping cart as we speak. But for SC...we'll see. Thanks guys
Don't give up on the SC just yet. I'm still working on my setup now, but I had my last truck pretty close to dialed. Kinda wish I didn't sell it. This truck can be really, really good. Just have to work on setup to find what you like. Make a change, run a pack. See how it feels. Best way to figure out what each change does, and which way you need to go.
Old 11-17-2016, 07:20 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CarlosRS4
Someone has a 4300HD for sale $75.00 shipped I was thinking on getting
If you are hepped up on getting the Tekin I would say compare that price to what they go for in a range on ebay and that should give you an idea if thats a fair price.
Old 11-17-2016, 08:45 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ezlight
Matt, wouldn't a softer rear sway bar be a tuning option to address this?
For sure, anything to induce a little more roll in the rear will help with high speed sweepers.
Old 11-17-2016, 08:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

[QUOTE=rcnewbie418;14738385]
Originally Posted by raved007

To be honest the SCTE 3.0 is amazing easy to drive with stock set up and more planted and faster entering/Exit in the corner. The tekno guy sponsor i always got him inside the corner with 180º turn. My SCT410.3 i mod battery location with BCE chassis but my driving style is still not good. I think if you running indoor track i'll go with SCTE 3.0 but outdoor SCT410.3.
Old 11-19-2016, 06:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lloyd16
Anyone use Proline Ford bronco Body shell for Sct410.3?Is it fit?
I have this, the proline screw on body mounts, and the MKS 599 servo (up from Savox 1267/1268)! I can't wait to try em out.

Aside from the Ford Bronco, any other good bodies to try that are different? Mainly looking for various practice bodies... I love my Jconcepts Ford Raptor Xflow for racing....

Super excited to try out my MKS 599, it was supposed to arrive today but it got delayed, so looks like Monday i'll get it!
Old 11-19-2016, 07:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I'm glad that by the sounds of your description the SCTE 3.0 is finally able to provide the Tekno some competition. Tekno just had a huge unfair advantage prior. Let the racing begin! :-D
Old 11-20-2016, 07:55 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

I am glad to see the vehicle battles still going on in 4x4 SCT. Enjoy the class and hope it stays around. Its popular out here with Tekno leading the way from the vehicle types I see. the make excellent vehicles for those starting out who want a tough vehicle that handles well too.
Old 11-20-2016, 12:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cain
I am glad to see the vehicle battles still going on in 4x4 SCT. Enjoy the class and hope it stays around. Its popular out here with Tekno leading the way from the vehicle types I see. the make excellent vehicles for those starting out who want a tough vehicle that handles well too.
Yes,here at our track too. The battle between Tekno and Losi is alive and well. The matter of fact we've been running B main in our club races lately
Old 11-20-2016, 12:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Malazan
Ran a really bumpy dusty track today, rear end real loose on power,

Any setup suggestions?

3s
3000kv
Front Green 30wt
Rear Green 35wt
7-7-5
All chassis braces in
Stock toe, camber settings, anti-squat, shock mounts, camber mounts
Try running 25wt in rear and run less anti squat.
Old 11-20-2016, 04:25 PM
Tech Adept

I'm having issues with the inside of wheel rubbing on the rear A-arm. Am I supposed to space the hexes off using washers or something? This is the second set of wheels that rubbed. They are Jconcepts Hazard wheels, 3mm offset. the Tekno FAQ says that LOSI SCTE wheels are compatible, which these are (wrong! see below Edit)..

https://www.amainhobbies.com/jconcep...o3344b/p212763

Edit: These wheels are actually not LOSI compatible, they are Associated compatible. I wonder if that's the problem? A fellow racer at the track hobby shop may have given me the wrong wheels. The part number 3352B is the LOSI SCTE wheel. Crap. Good thing I checked before I glued them.

Last edited by JoeRC123; 11-20-2016 at 04:56 PM.
Old 11-20-2016, 06:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JoeRC123
I'm having issues with the inside of wheel rubbing on the rear A-arm. Am I supposed to space the hexes off using washers or something? This is the second set of wheels that rubbed. They are Jconcepts Hazard wheels, 3mm offset. the Tekno FAQ says that LOSI SCTE wheels are compatible, which these are (wrong! see below Edit)..

https://www.amainhobbies.com/jconcep...o3344b/p212763

Edit: These wheels are actually not LOSI compatible, they are Associated compatible. I wonder if that's the problem? A fellow racer at the track hobby shop may have given me the wrong wheels. The part number 3352B is the LOSI SCTE wheel. Crap. Good thing I checked before I glued them.
Ive always been happy with DE racing wheels amongst a number of my cars and cant recommend them enough.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.