Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree219Likes

Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 09-05-2022, 08:19 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: rustyus
Welcome to the SCT410.3 Wiki!

7.26.17 - BB
In order to run the recommended team setup, you need the following optional parts:
TKR6106 Orange LF Springs
TKR6114 Green LF Springs
TKR6018 composite shock caps (built to emulsion) OR TKR8702 Aluminum Emulsion Shock caps
TKR8027 Shock Stand Offs
TKR6051 8x1.3 pistons(drilled to 1.4mm)
TKR8104 .4 bellcranks
TKR8100 .4 ackerman
TKR5545B HRC Hubs
You also need the Aluminum C Block (others can stay composite)

What option parts should I consider buying with a new kit?
None are required but we recommend the following:

TKR5161 – V2 Adjustable Hinge Pin Brace “A” block, 7075 CNC, EB/NB/ET/NT/SCT) - Helps to improve durability on hard crashes.

TKR5163 – V2 Adjustable Hinge Pin Brace “C” block, 7075 CNC, EB/NB/ET/NT/SCT) - Helps to improve durability on hard crashes.

TKR5545B – HRC Rear Hubs (L/R, CV or uni, SCT.3/SL) - Improves stability of the rear on mid to corner exit. Allows harder acceleration on corner exit.

TKR6146 - CNC Delrin Shock Cartridge Set

TiNi Shock Shafts
-TKR6004T (front)
-TKR6017T (rear)

What spare parts should I keep on hand?
TKR5020 – Hinge Pins (inner, front/rear)
TKR5516 – Front Suspension Arms and TKR5515 – Rear Suspension Arms
TKR5542 – Spindle Carriers - TKR5541B Spindles
TKR6009 – Shock O-Ring and Bladder Set (for 2 shocks)

Tips and Tricks

List of Vehicle Setup Adjustments and Build Tips can be found here. There are several videos and articles detailing the building of shocks, diffs, camber links, etc.

Use steering stops/limiter washers... more info here.

Setup Sheets:
Setup sheets for all Tekno RC vehicles can be found here. Please be sure to try our recommended setup. It works very well on most tracks.

Hinge Pin Insert Chart:

Warranty Policy:
Tekno RC is the only company in the industry that will give 50% off of parts if returned to them using the General Warranty return policy found on their website. The parts can be lightly used or completely abused, as long as the part is still being produced it's covered!

Piston Drills:
Some of our setups recommend using pistons that are enlarged. For instance 4x1.9 or 3x2.0. To drill the pistons we recommend the following:
GMK Supply Piston Drill Set
16PC Metric Bit Set Metric Sizes 2.00 to 3.00 MM.

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2016, 07:01 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by deceit
As you can see from the recent posts I have been using SMC and love em, they have the new 2s out 7200/90c that are supposed to be good for the SCT and at $40 you can't beat it. I know a few other recommended ProMatch. I also had a 4s SMC go bad and they replaced it np, so far my 2s are good tho.

I'd check out the new SMC 7200/90 or SPC, ProMatch, or you could try GensAce
Have you had a chance to try those true rating ones yet?
Old 10-21-2016, 07:08 AM
Suspended

I ran them last weekend for practice, and am going to use them for racing tomorrow. Worked great on 2s and 4s so far.
Old 10-22-2016, 07:54 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Thrifty
Changing the antisquat is two screws.. you can do the oils at home. Changing a pair out at the track will take you about 30 min maybe. I've found a lot of these adjustments are made two screws at a time...

Have fun out there bro!..
How do you change the anti squat with 2 screws? Don't you have to take the back end apart to access the C block to change the pills?
Old 10-22-2016, 07:56 PM
Suspended

just the 2 hinge pin screws that go into the D block
Old 10-22-2016, 08:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

What he said... ^

You can use one of your hex drivers to pop out the pills from the C block to mess with it further...
Old 10-22-2016, 09:55 PM
Tech Adept

What he said... ^

You can use one of your hex drivers to pop out the pills from the C block to mess with it further...
Interesting. I'll try that next time.

Also, is there any easy way ti explain how the pills work with regards to degrees etc. I understand the difference in -2 degrees toe vs 2 degrees toe (for example) but I don't understand how the "dots" correlate to certain values
Old 10-22-2016, 10:46 PM
Tech Regular

Gonna have to look that up on Tekno's site.. I would think they have some info there but I'm not sure.

I'll poke around and see what I can find...
Old 10-22-2016, 11:03 PM
Tech Regular

Sent Tekno an email... I'd like to know as well. I'll post up when I get a reply.
Old 10-22-2016, 11:49 PM
Tech Adept

Sent Tekno an email... I'd like to know as well. I'll post up when I get a reply.

Thank you. I tried look on the first page and it has some information about this but it doesn't seem to relate to the pills that are included with the kit.

I found a video on youtube with how to adjust toe and bump but nothing about the pills.

I hope they reposed back to you. I feel that's the one area that I am just lost on
Old 10-23-2016, 08:52 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Howdy guys...
understanding the how the dots on the pills is pretty simple once you grasp the concept. I will use the rear toe as an example.

Start with the C-block having one dot in the center. And the D-block having one dot in the center. That is the stock setting of 3 degrees of rear toe-in.

Now just changing the D-block pill. Keeping the pill on the center line, but the dot is now on the outside. You have changed the angle of the hinge pin 1 degree. You will now have 4 degrees of read toe-in.
If you use a pill with two dots (still on the center line) to the outside, 2-dots is only a half of degree of change. You would then have 3.5 degrees of toe-in.
This would work the same if you moved the dots to the inside instead of the outside. You would end up with 2.5 degrees using the 2-dot pill or 2 degrees if you used the 1-dot pill.

So single dots equal a 1-degree of angle on the hinge pin.
and two dots equal a .5-degree of angle on the hinge pin.

This works the same in each block.
If you move the center line dot on the C-block to the outside (single dot) and the center line dots on the D-block to the outside (single dot). You will still have the same 3 degrees you started with because you moved them both the same amount.
On the other hand if you move the C-block to the inside (single dot) and the D-block to the outside (single dot) you will now have 5 degrees of rear toe in...

the same applies for anti-squat in the rear.
In the front it is termed sweep and kick-up.
Old 10-23-2016, 09:25 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks bro... sums it up really well...
Old 10-23-2016, 01:20 PM
Tech Adept

Congratulations. You have succeeded in explaining it in a manner that even I can understand. Thanks for taking the time to do that. Until now I didn't get it even after a few explanations. You should be a teacher

Originally Posted by lowspark
Howdy guys...
understanding the how the dots on the pills is pretty simple once you grasp the concept. I will use the rear toe as an example.

Start with the C-block having one dot in the center. And the D-block having one dot in the center. That is the stock setting of 3 degrees of rear toe-in.

Now just changing the D-block pill. Keeping the pill on the center line, but the dot is now on the outside. You have changed the angle of the hinge pin 1 degree. You will now have 4 degrees of read toe-in.
If you use a pill with two dots (still on the center line) to the outside, 2-dots is only a half of degree of change. You would then have 3.5 degrees of toe-in.
This would work the same if you moved the dots to the inside instead of the outside. You would end up with 2.5 degrees using the 2-dot pill or 2 degrees if you used the 1-dot pill.

If you move the center line dot on the C-block to the outside (single dot) and the center line dots on the D-block to the outside (single dot). You will still have the same 3 degrees you started with because you moved them both the same amount.
On the other hand if you move the C-block to the inside (single dot) and the D-block to the outside (single dot) you will now have 5 degrees of rear toe in...

Old 10-23-2016, 06:50 PM
Suspended

Raced my SCT for the first time ever, and got 2nd... very happy with that!! Going to change the diffs from stock, to 15/15/10 from 5/5/5. Also putting in my 6x1.5 pistons, and ordering the new HRC rear hubs... can't wait to see how it handles after the changes! Woo!

Old 10-23-2016, 06:55 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by lowspark
Howdy guys...

Lowspark, this is an excellent write up.

The simple fact that 1 dot is 1 degree of adjustment and 2 dots is .5 degree of adjustment is huge. Thank you for that!!!

One question though...using your C block example.... I can visualize it in my brain that it would be a pretty aggressive toe in. However, I can't quite make sense of it with regards to the actual number. If the D block was a center dot and the c block was a center dot making 3 degrees toe in......if you moved the c block inside 1 dot would that make it 2 degrees toe in?

On the setup sheet I am referencing the anti squat is "max." While using the pills with the center dot on the c and d block, what is the numeric number for the degrees? Toe is -3 but anti squat is.......

Last edited by jason07; 10-23-2016 at 08:56 PM.
Old 10-23-2016, 08:09 PM
Suspended

Where do you guys usually buy tires at? I had some decent vendors on ebay, and I sometimes go through tower with a coupon... but wondering if there is a better way? Stuff is expensive.. hah

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.