Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread >

Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread

Like Tree219Likes

Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 09-05-2022, 08:19 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: rustyus
Welcome to the SCT410.3 Wiki!

7.26.17 - BB
In order to run the recommended team setup, you need the following optional parts:
TKR6106 Orange LF Springs
TKR6114 Green LF Springs
TKR6018 composite shock caps (built to emulsion) OR TKR8702 Aluminum Emulsion Shock caps
TKR8027 Shock Stand Offs
TKR6051 8x1.3 pistons(drilled to 1.4mm)
TKR8104 .4 bellcranks
TKR8100 .4 ackerman
TKR5545B HRC Hubs
You also need the Aluminum C Block (others can stay composite)

What option parts should I consider buying with a new kit?
None are required but we recommend the following:

TKR5161 – V2 Adjustable Hinge Pin Brace “A” block, 7075 CNC, EB/NB/ET/NT/SCT) - Helps to improve durability on hard crashes.

TKR5163 – V2 Adjustable Hinge Pin Brace “C” block, 7075 CNC, EB/NB/ET/NT/SCT) - Helps to improve durability on hard crashes.

TKR5545B – HRC Rear Hubs (L/R, CV or uni, SCT.3/SL) - Improves stability of the rear on mid to corner exit. Allows harder acceleration on corner exit.

TKR6146 - CNC Delrin Shock Cartridge Set

TiNi Shock Shafts
-TKR6004T (front)
-TKR6017T (rear)

What spare parts should I keep on hand?
TKR5020 – Hinge Pins (inner, front/rear)
TKR5516 – Front Suspension Arms and TKR5515 – Rear Suspension Arms
TKR5542 – Spindle Carriers - TKR5541B Spindles
TKR6009 – Shock O-Ring and Bladder Set (for 2 shocks)

Tips and Tricks

List of Vehicle Setup Adjustments and Build Tips can be found here. There are several videos and articles detailing the building of shocks, diffs, camber links, etc.

Use steering stops/limiter washers... more info here.

Setup Sheets:
Setup sheets for all Tekno RC vehicles can be found here. Please be sure to try our recommended setup. It works very well on most tracks.

Hinge Pin Insert Chart:

Warranty Policy:
Tekno RC is the only company in the industry that will give 50% off of parts if returned to them using the General Warranty return policy found on their website. The parts can be lightly used or completely abused, as long as the part is still being produced it's covered!

Piston Drills:
Some of our setups recommend using pistons that are enlarged. For instance 4x1.9 or 3x2.0. To drill the pistons we recommend the following:
GMK Supply Piston Drill Set
16PC Metric Bit Set Metric Sizes 2.00 to 3.00 MM.

Print Wikipost

Old 10-16-2016, 04:06 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by qstorm777
6x1.5 seems to be pretty common.

Awesome, gonna order some and see how they do!

Been flawless all day today the track, next Saturday I'll be racing it with the new smc batts I have. Ran I to a issue today tho.... My motor mount kept coming loose.

I tried installing a. Ew screw and it only threads 1-2 threads and comes out after a few laps... The next size up in screw hits something in the can.... Any ideas? Or what size screw to use? I tried using a washer W/ the longer screw but then it won't fit...

I use a Tekin 4300pro4 HD and have never had an issue until today. The same screws I have always used are too short now..

I'll post a picture later if no one understands what I mean haha
Old 10-17-2016, 08:20 AM
Suspended

I'm new to learning about pistons, so I'm curious...why does the SL use 4x1.8, but the SCT isn't even on TKR6159 parts compatibility list? Why does the SCT use 6 or 8, vs the Eb, nb, and even SL 4 hole?

Also, since my above issue with the motor mount, I might buy a new spur, is steel the way to go? I've never had any issues with composite, just wasn't sure for the long run how it would hold up.

Im stealing some stuff off my nb to nb put on my sct, the aluminum hinge pin braces, aluminum shock caps, delrin cartridges, etc... And noticed the pistons are different so I'm about to order the 6 hole, just curious why the 4x1.8 isn't good for the sct.
Old 10-17-2016, 01:01 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I run the 4x1.8 with Losi 50 in the front and 35 in the rear and have had great luck with them. I use to run the 6x1.5 and 6x1.6 Pistons but like the idea of fewer holes that are larger which should stay soft at lower speeds but pack up nice at higher speeds. Lately I have been running the 3x2.1 with PT 750 in the front and 700 in the rear in my SCT with really good success. I like how the truck rolls and jumps but still packs up. When running the 6x1.5 I was having problems with it being too stiff or too soft.
Old 10-17-2016, 07:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

I gave the 4x1.8 a try once and it was evident the oils I was using was too soft 550f/500r ptrc (rear end was donkey kicking and truck was bottoming on jump landings where it wasn't previously). I meant to revisit the 4x1.8 with stiffer oils, but haven't yet.
Old 10-18-2016, 12:28 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by deceit
I'm new to learning about pistons, so I'm curious...why does the SL use 4x1.8, but the SCT isn't even on TKR6159 parts compatibility list? Why does the SCT use 6 or 8, vs the Eb, nb, and even SL 4

Im stealing some stuff off my nb to nb put on my sct, the aluminum hinge pin braces, aluminum shock caps, delrin cartridges, etc... And noticed the pistons are different so I'm about to order the 6 hole, just curious why the 4x1.8 isn't good for the sct.
The SL and the SCT are basically the same thing +- a few cosmetic parts. But the actual buggys are made different. More aluminum and tougher all around...
Old 10-18-2016, 06:39 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Thrifty
The SL and the SCT are basically the same thing +- a few cosmetic parts. But the actual buggys are made different. More aluminum and tougher all around...
Yeah I've built both, and that's why I didn't understand why the SL would use a piston the SCT wouldn't? They are basically the same car..

4x1.8 Pistons

6x1.5 Pistons

All the pistons show the SCT, except the 4's, guessing it's just a mixup on the compatibility list then? Can't see why the 4 wouldn't be good for the SCT..
Old 10-18-2016, 10:59 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Riflebuilder had some good info as to what and how they work for him.. might give the larger holes a try.

Although I have recently picked up a B6d.... my wrenching and experimenting will be split.
Old 10-18-2016, 12:12 PM
Suspended

Just now learning about pack and low/high speed with pistons.... So I'll try 6x1.5 coming from the stock 10s, and maybe try the 4x1.8 later.. crazy to see that 700 oil is too soft cause of the holes hah, so used to not gojng anywhere near that with stock pistons.
Old 10-18-2016, 06:57 PM
Tech Adept

If I only had a 410.3, then I would typically have no business owning anything above 600 PT Oil for shocks, but since I have an ET48.3 and I just picked up a Mugen MBX7R Eco (5x1.3 pistons drilled out to 5x1.5 running 850 Front and rear) I have a bunch of heavy oil to play with. I will tell you, this shock package has been HOT!!!

3x2.1 front and rear
Green front , PT 750
Pink rear, PT 700

I just love how it packs up, but you can drop the truck from 10" and it just nicely lands with out slapping the chassis and it still feels a on the softer side on the bench. I ran Lutz's Enats set up with 6x1.5 pistons and PT 650 and it jumped and landed great, but for anything not high speed and smooth, it was just way too stiff.

I typically go lighter on my fluids until I can tell there is a problem like slapping down hard on flat landings, or the nose of the vehicle digging into the face of a jump, or bouncing up after a flat landing. Whatever system you try, be prepared to keep going heavier until you get it the way you like.

I have never used the black stock pistons, so i'm not sure what to tell you there, but i will say I just like the idea of fewer holes with larger diameter. It just makes sense to me for the majority of tracks out there on a club level.
Old 10-18-2016, 07:03 PM
Suspended

Nice, I still need to mess around with different pistons and oils... I have been messing around with too many cars to really work on one.. i got all of my Tekno's within 2-3 months, so I haven't tuned them for the track yet... My SCT is dialed currently, but my buggies setup's are AWFUL.. I'm going to try the 6x1.5 when they get here, and also my 4x1.8's eventually... glad to hear you are having success with the 3x2.1's
Old 10-19-2016, 06:09 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Riflebuilder
If I only had a 410.3, then I would typically have no business owning anything above 600 PT Oil for shocks, but since I have an ET48.3 and I just picked up a Mugen MBX7R Eco (5x1.3 pistons drilled out to 5x1.5 running 850 Front and rear) I have a bunch of heavy oil to play with. I will tell you, this shock package has been HOT!!!

3x2.1 front and rear
Green front , PT 750
Pink rear, PT 700

I just love how it packs up, but you can drop the truck from 10" and it just nicely lands with out slapping the chassis and it still feels a on the softer side on the bench. I ran Lutz's Enats set up with 6x1.5 pistons and PT 650 and it jumped and landed great, but for anything not high speed and smooth, it was just way too stiff.

I typically go lighter on my fluids until I can tell there is a problem like slapping down hard on flat landings, or the nose of the vehicle digging into the face of a jump, or bouncing up after a flat landing. Whatever system you try, be prepared to keep going heavier until you get it the way you like.

I have never used the black stock pistons, so i'm not sure what to tell you there, but i will say I just like the idea of fewer holes with larger diameter. It just makes sense to me for the majority of tracks out there on a club level.
Thank bud. I'll have to give that a whirl.

On a side note, Rama signups open in 2 weeks...You ready?
Old 10-20-2016, 09:11 AM
Tech Adept

Any suggestions on a good 2s Lipo battery brand? I' ve been running SMC last 2 or 3 years, but bought a new one in Jan and one in March and both are "puffed" and neither are lasting 8 minute race now. Haven't changed gearing or anything. Motor comes off track at 115 degrees. Never had problems with them before in the 4 years I've been running short course. I also had an issue with one of my 4s SMC lipos for my 1/8th scale. Anyhow, suggestion on what brands to look at???
Old 10-20-2016, 09:16 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Matt1970
Any suggestions on a good 2s Lipo battery brand? I' ve been running SMC last 2 or 3 years, but bought a new one in Jan and one in March and both are "puffed" and neither are lasting 8 minute race now. Haven't changed gearing or anything. Motor comes off track at 115 degrees. Never had problems with them before in the 4 years I've been running short course. I also had an issue with one of my 4s SMC lipos for my 1/8th scale. Anyhow, suggestion on what brands to look at???
I've been running SMC in everything this season with no issues.
Old 10-21-2016, 05:27 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ezlight
I've been running SMC in everything this season with no issues.

I also have been for the last 3 years until now. Last year I had a 4s in my 1/8 scale that had a cell go bad prematurely and they replaced it. I now have a bad 2s after only a few months. I balance charge every time and watch my temps with gearing, etc. Their reply is that 4x4 short course is too hard on batteries and they will not replace it. My last batteries for the same vehicle lasted a couple years.
Old 10-21-2016, 06:45 AM
Suspended

As you can see from the recent posts I have been using SMC and love em, they have the new 2s out 7200/90c that are supposed to be good for the SCT and at $40 you can't beat it. I know a few other recommended ProMatch. I also had a 4s SMC go bad and they replaced it np, so far my 2s are good tho.

I'd check out the new SMC 7200/90 or SPC, ProMatch, or you could try GensAce

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.