Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree219Likes

Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 09-05-2022, 08:19 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: rustyus
Welcome to the SCT410.3 Wiki!

7.26.17 - BB
In order to run the recommended team setup, you need the following optional parts:
TKR6106 Orange LF Springs
TKR6114 Green LF Springs
TKR6018 composite shock caps (built to emulsion) OR TKR8702 Aluminum Emulsion Shock caps
TKR8027 Shock Stand Offs
TKR6051 8x1.3 pistons(drilled to 1.4mm)
TKR8104 .4 bellcranks
TKR8100 .4 ackerman
TKR5545B HRC Hubs
You also need the Aluminum C Block (others can stay composite)

What option parts should I consider buying with a new kit?
None are required but we recommend the following:

TKR5161 – V2 Adjustable Hinge Pin Brace “A” block, 7075 CNC, EB/NB/ET/NT/SCT) - Helps to improve durability on hard crashes.

TKR5163 – V2 Adjustable Hinge Pin Brace “C” block, 7075 CNC, EB/NB/ET/NT/SCT) - Helps to improve durability on hard crashes.

TKR5545B – HRC Rear Hubs (L/R, CV or uni, SCT.3/SL) - Improves stability of the rear on mid to corner exit. Allows harder acceleration on corner exit.

TKR6146 - CNC Delrin Shock Cartridge Set

TiNi Shock Shafts
-TKR6004T (front)
-TKR6017T (rear)

What spare parts should I keep on hand?
TKR5020 – Hinge Pins (inner, front/rear)
TKR5516 – Front Suspension Arms and TKR5515 – Rear Suspension Arms
TKR5542 – Spindle Carriers - TKR5541B Spindles
TKR6009 – Shock O-Ring and Bladder Set (for 2 shocks)

Tips and Tricks

List of Vehicle Setup Adjustments and Build Tips can be found here. There are several videos and articles detailing the building of shocks, diffs, camber links, etc.

Use steering stops/limiter washers... more info here.

Setup Sheets:
Setup sheets for all Tekno RC vehicles can be found here. Please be sure to try our recommended setup. It works very well on most tracks.

Hinge Pin Insert Chart:

Warranty Policy:
Tekno RC is the only company in the industry that will give 50% off of parts if returned to them using the General Warranty return policy found on their website. The parts can be lightly used or completely abused, as long as the part is still being produced it's covered!

Piston Drills:
Some of our setups recommend using pistons that are enlarged. For instance 4x1.9 or 3x2.0. To drill the pistons we recommend the following:
GMK Supply Piston Drill Set
16PC Metric Bit Set Metric Sizes 2.00 to 3.00 MM.

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2016, 12:49 AM
PZP
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by 4s losi
I think your doing something wrong if your having trouble competing with the losi trucks. We run circles around them in my area. I have both and the tekno is night and day better than the losi. I did the battery mod to mine and added a little weight in the far left rear corner and it is hooked up.
I'm not doing something wrong. I own both trucks and have everything you can do to them done to both. Battery back, balanced 50/50 side to side. The losi still turns in harder and is just more nimble in my honest opinion.
Outside of that the SCTE platforms are more maintenance, the drive line is not as efficient as the 410.3 and if you don't know how to set the shocks right on the losi, it likes to ride on top of the track.
I really love the Tekno, but there are a few things such as the battery back mod that would be nice to be included or revised like the M2C chassis does.
Or just a redesign of the side plates, omitting the rear servo plastics where it obviously doesn't need it.
I know a couple Tekno pros personally who do very well with the truck, I do well with the truck. But can it be better? I think it can.
I don't think it needs a lot, but it would be nice to lighten up the fat girl and get a better balance ability without having to hack on things as much. I can't see how anyone could argue that?
The main factor between the two chassis is who's driving it most of the time, but since I do own both, there are some advantages I see from my SCTE that I think could be incorporated into the 410.3
Old 09-30-2016, 07:48 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Be cool to see what they come up with. Personally, I would like to seem them go with a full on race version, anything that gets commonly put on the vehicle now, put it on out of the box.

And make it standard the ability to move the weight of the components around as people are doing with various mods, etc. Offer bolt on components that can do this.

If that means the vehicle goes from $399.99 to $449.99 then so be it.
Old 09-30-2016, 12:41 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PZP
I'm not doing something wrong. I own both trucks and have everything you can do to them done to both. Battery back, balanced 50/50 side to side. The losi still turns in harder and is just more nimble in my honest opinion.
Outside of that the SCTE platforms are more maintenance, the drive line is not as efficient as the 410.3 and if you don't know how to set the shocks right on the losi, it likes to ride on top of the track.
I really love the Tekno, but there are a few things such as the battery back mod that would be nice to be included or revised like the M2C chassis does.
Or just a redesign of the side plates, omitting the rear servo plastics where it obviously doesn't need it.
I know a couple Tekno pros personally who do very well with the truck, I do well with the truck. But can it be better? I think it can.
I don't think it needs a lot, but it would be nice to lighten up the fat girl and get a better balance ability without having to hack on things as much. I can't see how anyone could argue that?
The main factor between the two chassis is who's driving it most of the time, but since I do own both, there are some advantages I see from my SCTE that I think could be incorporated into the 410.3

I agree with what you are saying. I have 2 410.3's and a SCTE 2.0 and even though I still typically drive my Tekno (hate replacing my MIP drive parts) the SCTE is quicker, more nimble and it seems to scrub speed in turns and dig in better. I love the way the Tekno turns, but my bigger problem is the rear end swinging around when the Losi digs in and goes. Sweeper turns kill me with the Tekno vs SCTE. I know the pros will wipe the floor up with their 410.3's, but they have God given talents and are pro's for a reason.

I love my Tekno 410.3 and I drive it more, I think it is twice the truck when it comes to durability and ease of maintenance, but it typically will not yield faster laps than my SCTE which has identical ESC, motor and servo running the same Transmitter.

Mark
Old 09-30-2016, 12:52 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I know this topic has come up many, many times, but here is what I would buy for replacement parts for a new 410.3 owner. I have had mine for almost 1.5 years now.

PARTS TO BUY WITH YOUR ORIGINAL KIT FOR BACKUP/PERFORMANCE
Aluminum A block (Will break yours soon)
Tekno Aluminum Servo Horn (Plastic will not last)
Front A-Arms (Will break after a while, especially cold weather)
Hings Pins (Will bend often)
44T Spur Gear

PARTS YOU WILL WANT TO ACQUIRE SOON
Aluminum C Block
Carbon Fiber Rear Shock Tower (mine keep bending)
Hub bearings
Differential housing bearings
Air Guards
Shock Tower body mount (have seen them break often)

LONG TERM WEAR ITEMS
Front Bumper assembly
Differential outdrives
Center tapered aluminum drive shaft
CVD assemblies and hardware
Plastic Rear Hubs (Mine wore out after 1 year)
Differential center outdrive bearings

Just my .02. I'm sure I'm missing stuff.

Mark
Old 09-30-2016, 05:34 PM
PZP
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Cain
Be cool to see what they come up with. Personally, I would like to seem them go with a full on race version, anything that gets commonly put on the vehicle now, put it on out of the box.

And make it standard the ability to move the weight of the components around as people are doing with various mods, etc. Offer bolt on components that can do this.

If that means the vehicle goes from $399.99 to $449.99 then so be it.
Totally agree! Another thing that need to be addressed is the clearances of the spur gear. This truck definitely tears up the spur more than my SCTE, due to there be no escape for debris that make their way on the chassis.
I have lost two races due to a small rock jamming into the spur and halting the pinion. Talk about irritated! I was leading by a half a lap one of those times, only to get lapped by the entire field twice by the time I got the situation figured out and back on the track. I don't feel like this would be the case if the chassis side plastics where lowered to allow junk to escape.
I am sure this isn't an issue on well groomed indoor tracks, or even high maintained outdoor, but lets face it. The majority of tracks out there aren't like this, especially in my area.

As for my Tekno, I have all alloy a blocks, alloy center diff mount, alloy inner diff pins, servo horn, carbon towers, upgraded the shocks with alloy lower caps, top caps, Ti coated shafts, delrin pistons. And I am probably missing some things as well I can't remember at the moment, but that covers most of them. I love the truck, but it would benefit from being lighter and more balanced without any doubt, hence the mods.
I run a HW 4700, XR10pro ESC with a 6500 pack and Futaba 9752 servo. All Same on my SCTE.
The only difference with the components is I run my SCTE with a Futaba 4PX and the Tekno has the M12S. No complaints about either of those systems.
Old 09-30-2016, 05:36 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by PZP
Like anything...everyone has there own opinion. I think the tekno is far better,has more steering and I don't want mine any lighter than it is. Driving style plays a huge role in all of this. I do not see any advantage to the losi at all. In my area the scte is a truck of the past.
Old 09-30-2016, 06:23 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

for me i actually liked the weight of the DESC10 outdoors and its heavier than the tekno since it uses basically the same 1/8 components as its buggy counterpart.

As for the spur, I always upgraded to steel, no issues at that point.
Old 09-30-2016, 07:59 PM
PZP
Tech Initiate

Like anything...everyone has there own opinion. I think the tekno is far better,has more steering and I don't want mine any lighter than it is. Driving style plays a huge role in all of this. I do not see any advantage to the losi at all. In my area the scte is a truck of the past.
That is true, it's just that your opinion on this seems to be the minority opinion when it comes to turn in. The rest I will agree with.

Originally Posted by Cain
for me i actually liked the weight of the DESC10 outdoors and its heavier than the tekno since it uses basically the same 1/8 components as its buggy counterpart.

As for the spur, I always upgraded to steel, no issues at that point.
For sure, sometimes the weight is a benefactor. Depends on the track conditions no doubt. And the steel spur is one thing I haven't added to this truck, so I will probably go ahead and get one of those now.
Old 09-30-2016, 08:28 PM
Tech Regular

Seems odd to me that people are having trouble with turn in. Telco is know for having lots of steering. My truck and buggy have plenty of it.
Old 09-30-2016, 08:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

I have both too SCT410.3 and SCTE 2.0 but my SCTE better suit for my driving style then i convert SCTE 3.0 chassis now more stable than old chassis. SCTE also better in tight track. I prefer the SCT410.3 for outdoor large track and rough surface track.
Old 10-02-2016, 08:16 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Scottysspeedsho
Does this foam keep the oval from compressing which keeps the bottom of the bumper from popping off the frame? My front bumper popped out and I'm installing your mod. I noticed when I was putting mine together new that the aluminum blade from the front of the frame did not fit in the bumper slot all the way. I think this is part of the problem. So today I put the battery foam in the oval but I also put a washer on the bottom screw between the bumper and the A block that it screws into. I did this because I noticed a gap there when it was being tightened down. If the washer isn't there, tightening the screw tends to rotate the bumper bottom in a way that can make the slot not sit tight on the frame and pop off.
Attached Thumbnails Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread-1_1000wide.jpg  

Last edited by JoeRC123; 10-02-2016 at 11:01 AM.
Old 10-02-2016, 11:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

^^^^4s losi said it perfectly.
I know for a fact after I got rid of my Losi that you have to drive and tune the two trucks very very differently.Also the radio setting need some attention as well. The Tekno do not like the traditional tuning like the Losi does. When you finally figure it out and drive the Tekno differently than the Losi then you'll see how much better the Tekno is.
I was struggling with the Tekno setup for a long time until I started thinking out of the box....and yes,the Tekno is heavier but that's actually not a bad thing !!
I'm not saying that the Losi is a bad car but I do not miss it at all specially with almost no wear on the Tekno driveline after a year and a half.

Last edited by Lowe's48; 10-02-2016 at 01:24 PM.
Old 10-02-2016, 12:02 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JoeRC123
Does this foam keep the oval from compressing which keeps the bottom of the bumper from popping off the frame? My front bumper popped out and I'm installing your mod. I noticed when I was putting mine together new that the aluminum blade from the front of the frame did not fit in the bumper slot all the way. I think this is part of the problem. So today I put the battery foam in the oval but I also put a washer on the bottom screw between the bumper and the A block that it screws into. I did this because I noticed a gap there when it was being tightened down. If the washer isn't there, tightening the screw tends to rotate the bumper bottom in a way that can make the slot not sit tight on the frame and pop off.
OR...
http://www.teknorc.com/shop/tkr5518c...evised-w-skid/
Old 10-02-2016, 04:29 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Lowe's48
^^^^4s losi said it perfectly.
I know for a fact after I got rid of my Losi that you have to drive and tune the two trucks very very differently.Also the radio setting need some attention as well. The Tekno do not like the traditional tuning like the Losi does. When you finally figure it out and drive the Tekno differently than the Losi then you'll see how much better the Tekno is.
I was struggling with the Tekno setup for a long time until I started thinking out of the box....and yes,the Tekno is heavier but that's actually not a bad thing !!
I'm not saying that the Losi is a bad car but I do not miss it at all specially with almost no wear on the Tekno driveline after a year and a half.
Agreed. When I jumped ship from the losi (which I hated) and started driving the tekno I was definitely better. But still not great. When I finally learned to drive the tekno differently...the truck really took off. And I've never looked back. No matter what I did to the losi it just wouldn't respond for me. Plus the losi requires far more regular maintenance. And I agree 100% about the weight...the more power you have the extra weight really helps. Especially on outdoor tracks
Old 10-02-2016, 05:01 PM
Tech Master

Agreed. When I jumped ship from the losi (which I hated) and started driving the tekno I was definitely better. But still not great. When I finally learned to drive the tekno differently...the truck really took off. And I've never looked back. No matter what I did to the losi it just wouldn't respond for me. Plus the losi requires far more regular maintenance. And I agree 100% about the weight...the more power you have the extra weight really helps. Especially on outdoor tracks
The funny thing is....I got it to work on the tight indoor layout as well....go figure
From my own experience,I've found that the Tekno can be push much harder and staying consistence throughout the race than the other.(not bashing the other)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.