Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree219Likes

Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 09-05-2022, 08:19 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: rustyus
Welcome to the SCT410.3 Wiki!

7.26.17 - BB
In order to run the recommended team setup, you need the following optional parts:
TKR6106 Orange LF Springs
TKR6114 Green LF Springs
TKR6018 composite shock caps (built to emulsion) OR TKR8702 Aluminum Emulsion Shock caps
TKR8027 Shock Stand Offs
TKR6051 8x1.3 pistons(drilled to 1.4mm)
TKR8104 .4 bellcranks
TKR8100 .4 ackerman
TKR5545B HRC Hubs
You also need the Aluminum C Block (others can stay composite)

What option parts should I consider buying with a new kit?
None are required but we recommend the following:

TKR5161 – V2 Adjustable Hinge Pin Brace “A” block, 7075 CNC, EB/NB/ET/NT/SCT) - Helps to improve durability on hard crashes.

TKR5163 – V2 Adjustable Hinge Pin Brace “C” block, 7075 CNC, EB/NB/ET/NT/SCT) - Helps to improve durability on hard crashes.

TKR5545B – HRC Rear Hubs (L/R, CV or uni, SCT.3/SL) - Improves stability of the rear on mid to corner exit. Allows harder acceleration on corner exit.

TKR6146 - CNC Delrin Shock Cartridge Set

TiNi Shock Shafts
-TKR6004T (front)
-TKR6017T (rear)

What spare parts should I keep on hand?
TKR5020 – Hinge Pins (inner, front/rear)
TKR5516 – Front Suspension Arms and TKR5515 – Rear Suspension Arms
TKR5542 – Spindle Carriers - TKR5541B Spindles
TKR6009 – Shock O-Ring and Bladder Set (for 2 shocks)

Tips and Tricks

List of Vehicle Setup Adjustments and Build Tips can be found here. There are several videos and articles detailing the building of shocks, diffs, camber links, etc.

Use steering stops/limiter washers... more info here.

Setup Sheets:
Setup sheets for all Tekno RC vehicles can be found here. Please be sure to try our recommended setup. It works very well on most tracks.

Hinge Pin Insert Chart:

Warranty Policy:
Tekno RC is the only company in the industry that will give 50% off of parts if returned to them using the General Warranty return policy found on their website. The parts can be lightly used or completely abused, as long as the part is still being produced it's covered!

Piston Drills:
Some of our setups recommend using pistons that are enlarged. For instance 4x1.9 or 3x2.0. To drill the pistons we recommend the following:
GMK Supply Piston Drill Set
16PC Metric Bit Set Metric Sizes 2.00 to 3.00 MM.

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2015, 03:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by King DORK
So what are y'all's thoughts on running a 2-pole 550? Last Tekno I had started with a Pro4 4600 and then a 4700 Hobbywing. Thought I had read of some liking a 2-pole 550 when running on less than high bite but also being easier on the batteries. Picking up a 4500 SMC already but thinking a 2-pole might be worth a look.
I personally like the 4 pole torque. That being said, you can get plenty of torque for most situations out of a 550 2 pole by gearing and adding dynamic timing (they don't hate it like most 4 poles do) to keep top end. An example of this would be Ryan Mayfield's eNats truck, which ran a 550 2 pole 4.0 turn Orion. I've also had fun with an old Tekin 4.5 550 2 pole.
Old 12-30-2015, 11:20 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bds81175
More on power steering...reduce droop in front a bit more (what I would recommend to start), reduce kick up (my next try), increase anti-squat (I would try to stay away from this if I could. I've been running 7/7/4 on indoor high bite clay with excellent results for quite a while now. The majority of your improvement will likely come from familiarity with the platform and wheel time. Have fun with it! It's a great truck.
Ive reduced front droop to almost flat in front approx 103 and 115 rear,have some bigger jumps on track now to contend with so may have to put more droop in front.Ive found a pretty large diff in on power steering by reducing the front diff weight oil,kinda surprising.I had went up to 10k as some recommended here,this may work on a bigger faster track but was no good at all on a small high bite indoor imho. went back to 7k and its better. I have not done much with kick up,I built it to the stock 10deg setting,but have noticed on some setup sheets for small clay high bit tracks,they are using "max"kickup, bottom center of b block,top center of A block.looks like 12deg is max how would this effect on power steering with this setting? this setup runs 3 deg toe in rear and 2 deg in front with 2.5 front sway and 2.5 rear sway with max length camber lengths front and rear in low positions.

Last edited by ResultsRC; 12-30-2015 at 12:04 PM.
Old 12-30-2015, 11:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ResultsRC
Ive reduced front droop to almost flat in front approx 103 and 115 rear,have some bigger jumps on track now to contend with so may have to put more droop in front.Ive found a pretty large diff in on power steering by reducing the front diff weight oil,kinda surprising.I had went up to 10k as some recommended here,this may work on a bigger faster track but was no good at all on a small high bite indoor imho. went back to 7k and its better. I have not done much with kick up,I built it to the stock 10deg setting,but have noticed on some setup sheets for small clay high bit tracks,they are using "max"kickup,but no deg is listed? bottom center of b block,top center of A block? what deg would this setting give? how would this effect on power steering with this setting?
Have you tried moving back the rear hubs or reducing rear toe? Those are what I would have changed first.
Old 12-30-2015, 03:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by justpoet
I personally like the 4 pole torque. That being said, you can get plenty of torque for most situations out of a 550 2 pole by gearing and adding dynamic timing (they don't hate it like most 4 poles do) to keep top end. An example of this would be Ryan Mayfield's eNats truck, which ran a 550 2 pole 4.0 turn Orion. I've also had fun with an old Tekin 4.5 550 2 pole.
I really liked the 4700 Hobbywing in my previous truck, although I tend to be pretty easy on the throttle. Ordered a SMC 4500 but if I can get my hands on a 550 2-pole fairly cheap I'll probably snatch one up just to try. Ordering some new lipos soon too and leaning towards the Promatch 8000 or Vant 7600. Looking forward to starting some builds soon. Got rid of most of my stuff a while back when I didn't have time to race. Got 3 kits on my bench waiting to be built now.
Old 12-30-2015, 03:47 PM
Tech Regular

im running 2 deg of rear toe now and its bout the same,1 deg toe would be too little toe. I havnt tried rear wheel base,off power steering is already too aggressive
Old 12-31-2015, 10:18 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

My son who is about to turn 12 has raced and maintained a used Associated SC10 4X4 for 2 seasons. We are so happy to never work on that thing again, enough about that. He received a 410.3 for Xmas. We opened it on xmas eve morning and he was able to build 90% of this truck with a little guidance here and there, this manual is awesome. Really all he could not do was build turnbuckles. I could not help but be impressed with his attention to detail and the questions asked during the build. Great experience for both of us. I put a setup sheet that more resembles our local conditions in his hands for the build. He took a few build breaks but finished the roller before bed on xmas eve. We wrapped up the electronics install on xmas and he threw down some donuts in the basement. The truck will make its debut this weekend at our local indoor. Cant wait for spring and get it outside where it belongs.
Old 12-31-2015, 02:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

im running 2 deg of rear toe now and its bout the same,1 deg toe would be too little toe. I havnt tried rear wheel base,off power steering is already too aggressive
What makes you think lengthening the wheelbase will increase off power steering? And if you're still pushing on power with 2 degrees of toe you have other issues going on.
Old 12-31-2015, 02:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pie8man
My son who is about to turn 12 has raced and maintained a used Associated SC10 4X4 for 2 seasons. We are so happy to never work on that thing again, enough about that. He received a 410.3 for Xmas. We opened it on xmas eve morning and he was able to build 90% of this truck with a little guidance here and there, this manual is awesome. Really all he could not do was build turnbuckles. I could not help but be impressed with his attention to detail and the questions asked during the build. Great experience for both of us. I put a setup sheet that more resembles our local conditions in his hands for the build. He took a few build breaks but finished the roller before bed on xmas eve. We wrapped up the electronics install on xmas and he threw down some donuts in the basement. The truck will make its debut this weekend at our local indoor. Cant wait for spring and get it outside where it belongs.
That's awesome to hear !!
Enjoy the time with your little one they grow up so fast This truck is way way way............more advance than the Sc10....so keep the set up simple,keep good note and enjoy

Last edited by Lowe's48; 12-31-2015 at 05:55 PM.
Old 12-31-2015, 03:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by justpoet
I'm running 550 2pole orion 4.5T with Orion r10.1 indoor and outdoor for almost a year and love the combination so far. I've been hobbywing 4000Kv combo, tekin rx8 Gen2 with 4300KV and revtech 4800kv with ESC Sky toro TS160 orion is my favorite. 2nd option revtech with toro TS160 this combination is a beast with 15/16 pinion.

Last edited by raved007; 12-31-2015 at 09:53 PM.
Old 12-31-2015, 05:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thats awesome!
Old 12-31-2015, 11:19 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rcgod
What makes you think lengthening the wheelbase will increase off power steering? And if you're still pushing on power with 2 degrees of toe you have other issues going on.

I changed a few more things around,softened front shocks,and put the front shocks at much more angle,decreased front diff fluid again,went to a super soft tire in the front,grinded the carriers so the wheels almost touch a arms with the steering stops all the way in. now its finally staying tight on power turning
Old 12-31-2015, 11:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

Associated SC10 4X4 worst POS inflicted on a racer. I survived 1 year with it!
Old 01-02-2016, 04:55 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I changed a few more things around,softened front shocks,and put the front shocks at much more angle,decreased front diff fluid again,went to a super soft tire in the front,grinded the carriers so the wheels almost touch a arms with the steering stops all the way in. now its finally staying tight on power turning
Have you tried messing with the sway bars at all? Maybe going up on the rear would help you out. I run 7/5/3 on my diffs and have all the corner speed I need.
Old 01-02-2016, 09:24 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Electrics?

I used to race 1/8 nitro buggies hard core for a several years prior to kids. And now am looking to start back up after a couple years out. Since my sons are now 9 and 6. So the reason this is here is because I have pretty much settled on the 410 as the replacement for my oldest sons ragged out 5 year old Slash.(His little bro got a new Slash from Santa) He has been killing it on the local indoor carpet track. Including TQing and winning his first race against grown men with very expensive buggies and highly modded SC trucks. The 410 seems to be 1/8 buggy with small wheel hexes and bumpers😀. So it's a very durable and familiar platform for me. His birthday is in a month and a half. So I need advice on what electronics to put in this thing. I am pretty much a noob on the electric side of things. And am looking for a good value package in esc/motor combos. And what batteries fit this chassis the best. I know it seems everybody likes the Tekin rx8 stuff. But that's outta reach for me at this point. What are some good less expensive options?
Old 01-02-2016, 09:45 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JonnyW
I used to race 1/8 nitro buggies hard core for a several years prior to kids. And now am looking to start back up after a couple years out. Since my sons are now 9 and 6. So the reason this is here is because I have pretty much settled on the 410 as the replacement for my oldest sons ragged out 5 year old Slash.(His little bro got a new Slash from Santa) He has been killing it on the local indoor carpet track. Including TQing and winning his first race against grown men with very expensive buggies and highly modded SC trucks. The 410 seems to be 1/8 buggy with small wheel hexes and bumpers😀. So it's a very durable and familiar platform for me. His birthday is in a month and a half. So I need advice on what electronics to put in this thing. I am pretty much a noob on the electric side of things. And am looking for a good value package in esc/motor combos. And what batteries fit this chassis the best. I know it seems everybody likes the Tekin rx8 stuff. But that's outta reach for me at this point. What are some good less expensive options?
A good less expensive option would be the Hobbywing SCT pro esc (about $80 on ebay) and the SMC 4500kv motor ($67 shipped on SMCs website. SMC also has good batteries at a good price. Just stick with a hard pack battery with at least 6000mah and you should be fine. Some tracks run 10 minute mains and you'll use the majority of that 6000. I have the products referred to above so this isn't a suggestion based on regurgitated stuff I've read. It's from experience. Just my $.02.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.